New UK Firmware N9005XXUGNG1

Search This thread

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010
---------- Post added at 04:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 AM ----------

[/COLOR]

What phone do you own ? What region are you in ? Also before blaming the modem for your slow webpages are you sure it's not your network provider that's to blame ? Have you done a speed test ? What is your PING ?

---------- Post added at 04:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 AM ----------

Thank you for answering. I have an N9005. Region is Germany. I tested my Mobile Data at several places at which I always use Mobile Data. I always have this poor Receipt. I'm sure it's not my Provider because I had a SGS3 and a LG G2 before and I never had that something like now, before(with exactly the same provider) . I hardly can open any page as it gets loaded and loaded and then get the hint that the connection isn't possible. And the weird thing is , that I have mostly "H" or "H+"....
Right now my signal strength is - 91dbm 11 Asu.
Edit: just tried to do the speed test. It says" Problems with the network communication" although having "H" and full "barrels".....
Greets

Sounds like you got a bad modem, try this open task manager, close all apps, clear memory, then two finger Swype menu down disable network connection wait ten seconds then enable network connection open web browser see if the webpage opens up ? If that don't work as you got a unlocked handset download this firmware and flash it
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=33677
Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Louis235

Louis235

Jan 14, 2013
Münsterland
Sounds like you got a bad modem, try this open task manager, close all apps, clear memory, then two finger Swype menu down disable network connection wait ten seconds then enable network connection open web browser see if the webpage opens up ? If that don't work as you got a unlocked handset download this firmware and flash it
http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=33677

First of all thanks@all for your help:)
Today I was frustrated enough to call to Samsung Hotline. I had heard somewhere that Samsung offers a downgrade (for money) so I asked the Service man for it, but he told me, that that simply isn't true and Samsung doesn't do a downgrade for users. He recommended me to order a new SimCard from my provider as an elder card could cause those probs. So I did, but I took a new Sim from another prepaid Provider. I have tested it only at home so far (was too late) and at least here, connection has improved very very much:) will test tomorrow many other locations and hope my first impression will stay this way.
I'm very very glad right now. @AO7: yes, I use a bumper from mumbi.
And yes, my phone is carrierfree.
Are you sure that I can flash every Stock Firm?
I'm already in new Bootloader (XXUGNG1)......*confused *
Thanks once again and Greets

Michael

Last edited:

Richard.Choo

Sep 15, 2006
upgraded to N9005XXUGNG1 and lost root and cannot get it back!

★ [ROOT][N9005] ★ Rooting 4.4.2 XXUFNF4 & NEWER stock firmwares ★ (KNOX 0x0) ★

Well tested on all: XXUFNF4, XXUFNG2 and XXUGNG1 - KNOX 0x0

Just flash pure stock XXUGNG1 for UK and then root it using above method. Rooting takes 5 minutes, including reading OP, downloading original kernels and flashing it :D no issues! :D

Hi not sure if I have made a big mistake but I just upgraded to N9005XXUGNG1 (PHE) and right or wrong I reset flash counters using triangle away as modem did not upgrade. Now the modem is updated and assume the bootloader has too but now no root even after several attempts. Any help greatly appreciated and assume I must be on a locked boot loader or something now.

Richard

_alexndr

Mar 1, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi not sure if I have made a big mistake but I just upgraded to N9005XXUGNG1 (PHE) and right or wrong I reset flash counters using triangle away as modem did not upgrade. Now the modem is updated and assume the bootloader has too but now no root even after several attempts. Any help greatly appreciated and assume I must be on a locked boot loader or something now.

Richard

Did you perform the whole procedure described in my thread?

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/general/root-root-xxufnf4-stock-firmware-knox-t2840150

Nobody reported such problem in my thread! How did you check your phone isn't rooted? Note that SuperSU app you have to install manually from Play Store ;)

Richard.Choo

Sep 15, 2006
Hi, I should have read a lot more and clearly misunderstood your post, I upgraded from rooted NB1 bootloader to GNG1 and when it did not upgrade the modem I assumed there was a problem with the flash counters. After running triangle away another GNG1 flash upgraded the modem and the bootloader which I believe now means I can no longer run custom ROMs or kernels. I have successfully followed your firmware upgrade post and I thank you for giving me root again but will have to wait for a more permanent solution to allow custom ROMs and kernels.

Regards

Richard Choo

Did you perform the whole procedure described in my thread?

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/general/root-root-xxufnf4-stock-firmware-knox-t2840150

Nobody reported such problem in my thread! How did you check your phone isn't rooted? Note that SuperSU app you have to install manually from Play Store ;)

N1NJATH3ORY

Aug 16, 2010

Richard

Hi how do you find out how many time you flashed your Note 3 ? where are the flash counters ? Also i just upgraded to N9005XXUGNG1 as my camera would crash alot also i was problems downloading videos via whats app and my note 3 would really go hot while not even using the phone it seems that N9005XXUGNG1 has fixed it but how do i root ? will this method work ? http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/general/root-root-xxufnf4-stock-firmware-knox-t2840150 And i do not wanna trip KNOX i'm after warranty safe root only ? Thanks

LauCass

Sep 13, 2010
Marseille
Hi how do you find out how many time you flashed your Note 3 ? where are the flash counters ? Also i just upgraded to N9005XXUGNG1 as my camera would crash alot also i was problems downloading videos via whats app and my note 3 would really go hot while not even using the phone it seems that N9005XXUGNG1 has fixed it but how do i root ? will this method work ? http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-note-3/general/root-root-xxufnf4-stock-firmware-knox-t2840150 And i do not wanna trip KNOX i'm after warranty safe root only ? Thanks

Yes this method will work fine with XXUGNG1 and it will NOT trip Knox.

Reactions: N1NJATH3ORY

Annunneo

Sep 17, 2013
Another firmware dropped yesterday my mom's note 3 received it. NH1 are the last 3 characters. I'll edit this post when I get home and check, that was the baseband so I figure BL etc was upgraded.

jdomadia

Jan 28, 2013
DUBAI/INDIA
Another firmware dropped yesterday my mom's note 3 received it. NH1 are the last 3 characters. I'll edit this post when I get home and check, that was the baseband so I figure BL etc was upgraded.
I am also on uk (btu), but no update[emoji20] , may ur mothers phone from another region.

Sent from my SM-N9005

Annunneo

Sep 17, 2013
I can confirm the update is UGNH1 and the country code is XSP I think according to phone info.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

camearooney

Dec 15, 2014
hiya could soeone help me please

i have a note 3 i reset it via settings and now it says baseband unknown and imei unkown
ive come on here and tried to download the firmware from link to try reflash my phone with odin ?
im not sure if thats how i fix it im in the uk i downloaded this
N9005XXUGNG1-hlte_Stock_Odex_Not_Rooted_NoKnox_BTU
but cant find anything when i try find a file via odin ?
im not even sure if what im trying is correct to repair this if im completely wrong could someone please point me in the right direction
and possibly a link to the correct firmware i need thankyou very much

badman112

Mar 22, 2006
Manchester
Hi

Okay i am having a problem here i got my note 3 lte uk unlocked uxxgng1 so i am assuming it is the BTU version (as it came unlocked and no signs of any EE bloatware as i bought it from phones4u). I have ran an update on the device itself it actually downloads and says it is 5.0 and then tries to install and hits 28% then fails.
Anyhow i have looked on sammobile for the actual update as their are a few articles about it saying it was released but can not find the actual download.

Please can anyone help me out as i want to do this manually now i am not sure how to do this, so help needed here please as well and want the correct files.

So far i have downloaded this three times off the device and also wiped the phone clean clearing the data and still no joy.

Thanks for any help given.

Last edited:

XDA_Tinker

May 3, 2015
DXB / IND
Hey guys, an even new update for Note 3 SM-N9005 is out
N9005XXUGNG1

It can be found here-

Why Sammobile link doesn't work?

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

I download threw sammobile. Com after reading your post without any problems on my 10 maps speed in one hour:thumbup:

How did you download from sammobile when link is broken?

Where do you reside in DXB?

Help me out in getting firmware

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

I just now made a torrent for you, please find it in the attachment
:highfive:

It has in it-
  1. the Zip archive
  2. the extracted tar.md5 file
  3. the pit file you might need for downgrading
  4. a snapshot of Odin 3.09 showing the downgrading process using pit file
  5. an archive containing Odin 3.09
  6. SuperSU.apk (so you won't need to visit Play Store when your phone would be lagging after downgrading)
  7. TowelRoot.apk (so you won't need to visit TowelRoot website when your phone would be lagging after downgrading)
  8. lastly, the latest Samsung Drivers

you can choose to download only those files that you need

Also, don't forget to turn on USB debugging from Developer options in settings

Which is the stock 5.0 to download as I'm on 5.0 BTU leaked version

Kindly advice?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-19-09-19-17.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-19-09-19-17.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 324
  • Screenshot_2015-07-19-09-27-56.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-19-09-27-56.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:

TheTAMAS

Mar 6, 2014
Hey guys, an even new update for Note 3 SM-N9005 is out
N9005XXUGNG1

It can be found here-

Why Sammobile link doesn't work?

---------- Post added at 06:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 AM ----------

How did you download from sammobile when link is broken?

Where do you reside in DXB?

Help me out in getting firmware

---------- Post added at 06:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 AM ----------

Which is the stock 5.0 to download as I'm on 5.0 BTU leaked version

Kindly advice?

Fellow, I downloaded the latest German firmware from here :highfive:

Skip typing - hit
z68a9I
instead.. ;)
v4KBky

Top Liked Posts