New update (23.4.A.1.264) hits the Xperia Z2 and Z2 Tablet with full Stagefright fix

Search This thread

mixxx5

Nov 20, 2012
However... What's you usage of battery in screen section?
My screen use 34% of battery... Is that normal?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

gemtin92

May 9, 2012
Yes becouse screen take most of your battery. If you have other thing than screen on first place then you can be worry.

Tapatapatap Z2

Reactions: mixxx5

smallcharm86

Dec 27, 2015
I have a android phone accesgo 4e from ZTE and want to install a custom rom Inspire 6 of marsmallow. But I go to cwm recovery or twrp recovery can not, even though I've installed mobileuncle use tool. It has been also use rom manager or flashify and similar applications still can not also. Every time I reboot to recovery is always just a regular reboot. How is the solution admin? when my phone is already rooted.

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
Then go to Samsung or other, maybe then u will see how fast and long sony support their phones and appreciate this.

How *fast* Sony support their phones? You're joking, right?

The word I would use to describe a company which sits on an update it has already completed but can't be bothered to release for an entire month is not "fast".

lee480

Jun 24, 2012
Which Samsung flagship model doesn't yet have a Stagefright fix?

Remember, flagship models like the Z2 only; no pointing at entry-level junk and trying to use it to justify Sony's delay on a flagship model.

All models from S5 to S6 have the fix. But not all regions have it, just like Sony.

musicmaker99

Aug 7, 2014
Faster battery drain with 23.4.A.1.264

Anyone experiencing faster battery drain after updating to 23.4.A.1.264? I was getting 2 days easy in stamina mode previously (all previous versions), but now suddenly get barely more than 1 after updating to 264.

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
All models from S5 to S6 have the fix. But not all regions have it, just like Sony.
So "better than it not appearing at all" was nonsense, by your own admission. Sony has done no better than Samsung has here, despite the puffery from Sony fanboys in this thread.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

did anyone in India got this update ?
Just checked XperiFirm and the update isn't out for India still.

Reactions: Adee.roy

effective

Jan 2, 2011
Burgas
Anyone experiencing faster battery drain after updating to 23.4.A.1.264? I was getting 2 days easy in stamina mode previously (all previous versions), but now suddenly get barely more than 1 after updating to 264.

Yes,it was the same the next 1/2 days after the update,but after 3/4 days it got back to normal. :highfive: It needs some time to calibrate and settle since its not an clear install.

mixxx5

Nov 20, 2012
Hi, can someone do this test...
94031e0610c70408785b64f088eb35c3.jpg

When I cover sensor (upper part of device) nothing happened... Does it fade on your z2 with this version?

Correction... It's working [emoji2]
ad2e8ab8f1a3e1f5c38752e661bfe111.jpg

It's just "A" letter fading out.

Last edited:

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
So "better than it not appearing at all" was nonsense, by your own admission. Sony has done no better than Samsung has here, despite the puffery from Sony fanboys in this thread.

It has been a full two months now, and still no sign of this major security patch for an exploit that is out there in the wild, even though it has been available in other regions all of this time. Am I allowed to be disgruntled yet, lee480, or do I have to continue to pretend that Samsung are worse?

SkyboneNoya

Jan 21, 2012
It has been a full two months now, and still no sign of this major security patch for an exploit that is out there in the wild, even though it has been available in other regions all of this time. Am I allowed to be disgruntled yet, lee480, or do I have to continue to pretend that Samsung are worse?

Either way this is getting ridiculous. I'll get a new Huawei Mate 8, or even HTC One M10 before sony releases this update..

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011

It has now been as near as makes no difference FOUR months, and Sony still has yet to release this patch in many large markets including the USA, Australia and Russia. Utterly shameful given that this is a major security exploit which is known to be in the wild and has been for months.

D

Deleted member 4529355

It has now been as near as makes no difference FOUR months, and Sony still has yet to release this patch in many large markets including the USA, Australia and Russia. Utterly shameful given that this is a major security exploit which is known to be in the wild and has been for months.

It is gonna be fixed when Marshmallow rolls out. Lollipop is dead by now.

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
It is gonna be fixed when Marshmallow rolls out. Lollipop is dead by now.

That's inexcusable. For one thing, as I already pointed out the update was completely and ready to roll FOUR MONTHS ago. They could have rolled it any time in the last four months with very little effort. They chose not to, and have left their customers exposed to a critical security exploit which is known to be being taken advantage of in the wild.

Also, how long is it until we receive Marshmallow? My guess is we have another 1-2 months to wait, by which time they will have left us exposed for half a year. With Sony's six-month release cycle, they have effectively left us in danger for the entire lifetime of a Sony phone. You might feel that is acceptable. I do not.

o0 Matt 0o

Jul 29, 2012
They could have rolled it any time in the last four months with very little effort.

How do you know how easy it is?

They chose not to, and have left their customers exposed to a critical security exploit which is known to be being taken advantage of in the wild.
Got proof?

by which time they will have left us exposed for half a year. With Sony's six-month release cycle, they have effectively left us in danger for the entire lifetime of a Sony phone. You might feel that is acceptable. I do not

You know there is a fixed firmware and you didn't flash it? You left yourself vulnerable or in *danger* as you put it.

Or you could just turn off autodownload mms and don't browse to dodgy sites? Problem solved.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,
    There is a new update hits our Xperia Z2 and Z2 Tablets.
    The noticed changelog that it brings a full Stagefright fix.
    The update is rolling out to the following variants: Xperia Z2 (D6503) and Xperia Z2 Tablet (SGP511, SGP521)

attachment.php

Source: XperiaBlog
    There is a new Baseband too.
    I updated it now and like you said there is a new baseband (.55)

Gesendet von meinem D6503 mit Tapatalk
    You know not everyone has time to change their phone region every time Sony can't be bothered to release firmware they already created, right?
    You spent 10x the time needed to solve it by yourself here complaining.
    Stop whining here and update your phone manually, you are making yourself ridiculous.
    Or go and whine in Sony official forums, as xda really is not the place for this, xda is for people that search ways to make things happen (and do it by themselves with the available tools) not for people that want manufacturers to make things happen (and wait while doing nothing)

By the way stagefright seems to be no big deal, the media made a lot of noise about it but apparently there are no victims, even after a year since it has been published, at least I didn't hear of any actual misuse of the bug anywhere.
    Let's hope that it will be fixed in the Marshmallow update...
    If we get that...

They've said we will be getting Marshmallow, so we will. However, the question is how long until we do. Given that about half of all regions for the Z2 haven't even received 23.4.A.1.264 (a critical update) almost an entire month after it was available inside Sony, I'm not holding my breath.