DanielMode

Jan 26, 2017
any info about it yet
EU didn't even get the 55.1.A.12.28 yet
so I'm pretty pissed off about Sony
i'm still on October patch :mad::mad::mad:

xpt1

Feb 13, 2017
I just flashed the UA last two versions.
I think it's not a problem from Sony the EU need backdoor that's the problem

tomo100brt

Feb 25, 2011
Just use flashtool 0.9.33.0 to download and flash firmware. RU is the best. It is firs to get update. Every time. I have got Android 10 on XPERIA 1 with RU firmware back in december. So the firs to get new firmwares. EU is the last or it never gets some firmwares because EU region is big region and there are many countrys and each country mast approve firmware. If one country doesn't approve firmware, no update for EU region.

Last edited:

MrMmmkay

Jan 18, 2007
Just use flashtool 0.9.33.0 to download and flash firmware. RU is the best. It is firs to get update. Every time. I have got Android 10 on XPERIA 1 with RU firmware back in december. So the firs to get new firmwares. EU is the last or it never gets some firmwares because EU region is big region and there are many countrys and each country mast approve firmware. If one country doesn't approve firmware, no update for EU region.

The problem is that VOLTE does only work with the EU firmware in Germany, so I have to wait for the EU update.

thehumble1

May 30, 2008
NMI
Google Nexus 4
I received the update OTA on 13/1/21 while running 55.1.A.12.28 (RU) that was flashed via newflasher then wiped and restored via Xperia Companion.

It's running fine and is Android 11 and looks pretty good overall. not sure about battery life and other use benefits.

thehumble1

May 30, 2008
NMI
Google Nexus 4
Hi,
Can someone create and share an .ftf version of 11 android, because my flashtool cant create it....stuck on loader.sin. (Customized RU from xperifirm). Model J9110. No OTA update yet...

can you push it with Newflasher?

I got great success by flashing with newflasher, then restoring with Xperia Companion then it updated on it's own after a few hours. I was on 55.1.A.12.28 Customized RU before.

JaneValley

Sep 27, 2020
Currently dwelling in Melbourne

Hi! Could you tell me how to do it? I tried to flash it all night and it just pops error message s...

Back to last year, I successfully flash my J9110 HK version to TW version. But now I just can't do it right...

tomo100brt

Feb 25, 2011
What is your error messages?
I didn't update phone to Android 11 using flashtool because I am on RU firmware. But flashing latest Android 10 firmware was OK. This is what I do:
Download and install FlashTool 0.9.33.0
Open Flashtool and let the device database sync .
Click on the XperiFirm icon to get a list of official Sony firmwares .
Select the your device on the left, and the select the Customization you would like to download and then
lick on the box below "Available Firmware" to start downloading.
Once the Firmware has downloaded, close XperiFirm and then let FlashTool do some processing on the downloaded firmware to create a .ftf file of the firmware in your C:\Users\<username>\.flashTool\firmwares folder.
Now click on the Flash button and choose Flashmode. Don't check anything because it will erase all your data.
When prompted, power off your phone and then hold down the volume down key on your phone and connect a USB cable from the phone to your computer. Keep the volume down key held until the notification light turns green. The flashing process will now be prepared.
If you get a prompt saying "A FSC script is found. Do you want to use it?" choose yes. An error of "those data are not in the fsc script: persist, reset-non-secure-adb" is entirely normal, so choose Yes, and let the flashing commence. If you get a prompt asking you to select a partition, select the top option for 128GB storage and the bottom for 256GB storage -- if unsure click cancel. I selected cancel. If you get "ERROR:null" then repair your phone with Xperia Companion first.
Flashing will be complete when you see "Sync status : OKAY".

Midleo

I didn't update phone to Android 11 using flashtool because I am on RU firmware. But flashing latest Android 10 firmware was OK. This is what I do:
Select the your device on the left, and the select the Customization you would like to download and then
Once the Firmware has downloaded, close XperiFirm and then let FlashTool do some processing on the downloaded firmware to create a .ftf file of the firmware in your C:\Users\<username>\.flashTool\firmwares folder.
Now click on the Flash button and choose Flashmode. Don't check anything because it will erase all your data.
When prompted, power off your phone and then hold down the volume down key on your phone and connect a USB cable from the phone to your computer. Keep the volume down key held until the notification light turns green. The flashing process will now be prepared.
If you get a prompt saying "A FSC script is found. Do you want to use it?" choose yes. An error of "those data are not in the fsc script: persist, reset-non-secure-adb" is entirely normal, so choose Yes, and let the flashing commence. If you get a prompt asking you to select a partition, select the top option for 128GB storage and the bottom for 256GB storage -- if unsure click cancel. I selected cancel. If you get "ERROR:null" then repair your phone with Xperia Companion first.
Works, thanks....i found the problem. Had an old Flashtool.
Intalled the 0.9.33.0 flashtool, and the just everything goes fine.
Thanks

Reactions: thehumble1

JaneValley

Sep 27, 2020
Currently dwelling in Melbourne

oms it worked. I just repair phone software and flash it, it just worked!!
I have never thought about repair! thank you !!

DanielMode

Jan 26, 2017
they just figured....damn yes we sell devices in Europe too
not just Russia , Ukraine or UK

its just a desaster from Sony...i'm done with them

oh well...after downloading i'm getting the error message Updatet can't be install
tried with Sony Companion and with save mode but still same error message

Last edited:

palamosteliaro

Jan 14, 2009
any info about it yet
EU didn't even get the 55.1.A.12.28 yet
so I'm pretty pissed off about Sony
i'm still on October patch :mad::mad::mad:

they just figured....damn yes we sell devices in Europe too
not just Russia , Ukraine or UK

its just a desaster from Sony...i'm done with them

All companies release new firmware outside EU/US/UK first, not just Sony. Its not because they don't care, or because they care about Russia, India, Asia more... Its because if something is seriously wrong with the firmware, they are less likely to get sued from customers from those more poor regions than EU/US/UK. Be patient and wait for the official release, or download flashtool and flash the RU version, its the same.

DanielMode

Jan 26, 2017
we'r talking about a simple security patch....it's just like updating your virus databank at your firewall on pc
no provements to the phone from Sony in a long long time !!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got HK version and still no A11 or any security patches, Guess Sony completely forgot about my region. Why can't they universally update their devices instead of pushing it in these region-wise BS?!!
    Works, thanks....i found the problem. Had an old Flashtool.
    Intalled the 0.9.33.0 flashtool, and the just everything goes fine.
    Thanks
    The problem is that VOLTE does only work with the EU firmware in Germany, so I have to wait for the EU update.
    @Pandemic