• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[NEW UPDATE] Android Pie 9.0 Stable is now Available!

Search This thread

syn5528

Dec 25, 2014
Pune
I was on official Pie beta (which worked excellent for me) with locked bootloader and today morning I got OTA for Pie stable. I thought what could possibly go wrong and updated it.
After updating successfully, On lock screen, I swiped up to enter my password, and it just showed me black screen. I tried various ways to go past that black screen. Nothing seemed to work. I tried reflashing Pie BETA zip from SD card in recovery, but that also failed as it showed error that it cannot flash old version when on new version. I don't want to factory reset as all my important app data will be gone. I can't even set the USB connectivity behaviour to MTP as selecting that option also shows me black screen. I am able to use camera and google assistant directly via lock screen but when trying to do anything else it shows me that black screen. I tried clearing cache from recovery, but that also didn't get me past that black screen. I can receive calls but can't do anything else. Even Whatsapp Web is working but I cannot open Whatsapp from my phone. I can't afford to factory reset as all my assignments are there in an app.
My last bet is to wait for someone or Asus to post Pie Stable zip and then reflash that zip from stock recovery via SD card.
If someone have any solution or has suffered from similar problem, please help

VictorPLopes

Oct 21, 2018
Sumaré
Houston, we have got the Android 9.0 Pie update for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1:

For Oreo user = 1.6GB
For Pie Beta = 390MB

Enjoy, will provide the feedback asap.

UPDATE ROLLED BACK - Pie GONE

https://youtu.be/5Zwp-qUoP_Q

????????????????????????????

Is the new PIE Stable update for India only??? I have a 3/32 global ZB602KL variant, and I live in Brazil. Someone said it only works in India, and it will give me a flash error if I try to update, is that true?? Will it brick my device?

debdeep98

Jan 19, 2018
IN
Realme 6 Pro
Is the new PIE Stable update for India only??? I have a 3/32 global ZB602KL variant, and I live in Brazil. Someone said it only works in India, and it will give me a flash error if I try to update, is that true?? Will it brick my device?

Yeah the Indian variant is 601KL. It's better if you wait for the OTA for Brazil.
My friend flashed the wrong firmware on his G5S Plus and had troubles getting OTA(due to different update channels), which was fixed but still it's a pain.

Bap062

Nov 29, 2017
So here is my review for pie update 4gb/64gb....
I never rooted my phone...never installed beta update...coming from straight oreo 8.1 to stable pie....
1) touch sensitive becomes very smooth...
2) one of most irritating bug in official 8.1 oreo is home launcher crashing very randomly..which is totally solved in pie
3) my face unlock never worked in 8.1..now perfectly works in pie.
4) fingerprint now faster
5) battery backup same as oreo
6) icon pack option not found anywhere in pie...which i personally like and exists in oreo
7) the weakest point still weakest its camera...neither camera quality improved nor its ui...very low quality image compared to max pro m2
8) very late pie update by asus.... Now android q on way and asus giving pie update...i hope asus will give android q before android r comes.. should change its software engineers
9) notification tiles bar becoming very large i didn't like it

daksh.v

Jun 28, 2018
Mumbai
Reactions: checksamir

raghu13uk

Jun 28, 2008
Finally got Pie today on my 6gb India version. Well, the first impression is not good. Hopefully, I'll find good things in it.

(Even I had got update message 4 dates back that didn't download).

Tianhe

Mar 16, 2011
I don't want to go beyond 340.. Pie is one bad step in the wrong direction, IMHO.

Based on the feedback seen in this forum and elsewhere, I would agree with you about staying on v340. Additionally, I am on stock rooted with TWRP. For updating, I will have to go stock or modify the FW script which is probably not a good idea.

Reactions: emuashui

raghu13uk

Jun 28, 2008
I can't see the screenshot option in Power Menu. (It neither exists in quick setting). Can anyone help please?

Interestingly, I have Emergency button in Power menu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190414-153243.jpg
    Screenshot_20190414-153243.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 524

Top Liked Posts