• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[NEW UPDATE] Android Pie 9.0 Stable is now Available!

Search This thread

checksamir

Dec 15, 2016
Moto G5 Plus
Sony Xperia XA1
The information is ASUS gonna break their promise.
What do you think ?
I dont overthink. And neither blame anyone for updates. I will share any information received from Asus in this regard.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

And, I don't think that this is the right platform to blame Asus. Rather sharing something beneficial or informative will help the community.

Dhanush-raj

Dec 31, 2016
Chennai
OnePlus 8T
how to unlock bootloader and root PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.1903.050-20190401
can you just show the thread ,which to follow. Or provide the instructions.
New to this phone.

akhil850

Sep 13, 2014
Cochin
in that thread last few post mentioms that for pie its not working. Can you just confirm that the same twrp or method is applicable for pie stock rom.

Im afraid i can't. I lost faith in stock Pie so Switched to RR Pie.

Our developers here at Xda is better than Asus Official Team in my opinion.:cowboy:

Stick with Stock Oreo or Use Custom Pie..Thats the choices we have sadly.

Reactions: gusbalaa

Dhanush-raj

Dec 31, 2016
Chennai
OnePlus 8T

Our developers here at Xda is better than Asus Official Team in my opinion.:cowboy:

but few days before o updated my phone to pie stock. So now i want to install a custom os , My question is that , the same instructions can be followed for stock pie or not.

Jaggerjacquez

Sep 30, 2017
Here is what i did.

I flashed Oreo via Fastboot then unlocked bootloader.:cowboy:

*Unlock Bootloader while on Pie i haven't tried.:p
Pls enlighten me, ...
So if I'm on the last Oreo, then I wanna unlock bootloader. And after it's done, can I flash the latest firmware directly since some latest custom ROMs need it as requirements and flash my chosen ROM after that and reboot to system?

I'm a bit confused about this. Thanks, man.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

I lost faith in official stock pie from Asus too so now I'm considering going to custom Rom because they're too late to deliver pie imo

akhil850

Sep 13, 2014
Cochin
Pls enlighten me, ...
So if I'm on the last Oreo, then I wanna unlock bootloader. And after it's done, can I flash the latest firmware directly since some latest custom ROMs need it as requirements and flash my chosen ROM after that and reboot to system?

Yes.If im reading you correctly.

Unlock Bootloader and Flash Twrp.After that u may upgrade or downgrade as u wish.

Happy to help.:cowboy:

Jaggerjacquez

Sep 30, 2017
Yes.If im reading you correctly.

Unlock Bootloader and Flash Twrp.After that u may upgrade or downgrade as u wish.

Happy to help.:cowboy:
Thanks, actually I wanna install custom ROM. Assuming that I've done the unlocking and TWRP, I only need to flash the latest firmware file right? (Which is only 60MB if I'm not mistaken?) And then the ROM?

And oh, do I need to flash decrypt.zip too?

akhil850

Sep 13, 2014
Cochin
Pls enlighten me, ...

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

I lost faith in official stock pie from Asus too so now I'm considering going to custom Rom because they're too late to deliver pie imo

Yep.i shared a similar opinion above.

But one thing...Slow charging is an issue in custom roms due to incorrect Temp values.

So charging speed is a priority for u means stay out of em.

But if u have a QCharge adapter and cable means go ahead with Cus Roms:cowboy:

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Thanks, actually I wanna install custom ROM. Assuming that I've done the unlocking and TWRP, I only need to flash the latest firmware file right? (Which is only 60MB if I'm not mistaken?) And then the ROM?

And oh, do I need to flash decrypt.zip too?

Decrypt zip is for stock roms.(Stock Roms encrypts Internal)

But, for Custom Roms,its not necessary.:eek:

Reactions: Jaggerjacquez

Jaggerjacquez

Sep 30, 2017
Yep.i shared a similar opinion above.

But one thing...Slow charging is an issue in custom roms due to incorrect Temp values.

So charging speed is a priority for u means stay out of em.

But if u have a QCharge adapter and cable means go ahead with Cus Roms:cowboy:

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Decrypt zip is for stock roms.(Stock Roms encrypts Internal)

But, for Custom Roms,its not necessary.:eek:
Can it be fixed with those custom kernels? How long does it take to charge from 20-100 in general?

Oh I don't have those things yet. It helps fast charging? What's the recommended brand?

akhil850

Sep 13, 2014
Cochin
Can it be fixed with those custom kernels? How long does it take to charge from 20-100 in general?

Oh I don't have those things yet. It helps fast charging? What's the recommended brand?

Ans1 : Ive got tired of trying different kernels for month's.None of em helped.So returned to stock oreo

Ans2: I suggest Qualcomm Certified Chargers + Good Quality Cable
:cowboy:
Mi 9V charger+cable is good.:cowboy:

Last edited:

dakshay95

Mar 2, 2013
Bangalore
Dark mode still isn't working. Any fixes? Only the google widget search bar turns dark when I enable dark mode and night mode. The app drawer and everything else stays white. I've tried toggling it on and off as well as restarting but it doesn't change

kingalmond

Aug 25, 2019
how to update to Version WW-16.2017.1906.056 pie
from Version WW-15.2016.1810.337 oreo
not getting ota updates

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Houston, we have got the Android 9.0 Pie update for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1:

For Oreo user = 1.6GB
    For Pie Beta = 390MB

Enjoy, will provide the feedback asap.

UPDATE ROLLED BACK - Pie GONE

https://youtu.be/5Zwp-qUoP_Q

????????????????????????????
    Is there a link available so we can manually update our phone to stable pie version? Thanks in advance
    Anyone on 9.0 stable manage to get Cam2Api?
    Camera2 API can be enable via fastboot command on stable update
    Screenshot_20190410-152840.jpgScreenshot_20190410-152743.jpgScreenshot_20190410-152755.jpg

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk
    No camera 2 API still legacy ,Smooth UI
    how to update to Version WW-16.2017.1906.056 pie
    from Version WW-15.2016.1810.337 oreo
    not getting ota updates
    First update to .340 then download latest firmware file from Asus support and place it in oarent directory or wait for OTA