General New Update *AUE1* E2100 G998B/DS

Search This thread

Berserker900

• May 7, 2020
    Zooming has improved quite much altho 10× is still garbage and soft.
    100× is definitely readable now.

Attachments

• 20210330_063626.jpg
      20210330_063626.jpg
      2.2 MB · Views: 164
    • 20210330_063639.jpg
      20210330_063639.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 148
    • 20210330_063630.jpg
      20210330_063630.jpg
      1.7 MB · Views: 138
    • 20210330_063645.jpg
      20210330_063645.jpg
      976.7 KB · Views: 130
    • 20210330_063653.jpg
      20210330_063653.jpg
      517.8 KB · Views: 134
    • 20210330_063746.jpg
      20210330_063746.jpg
      610 KB · Views: 162
    Reactions: eldrid

Berserker900

• May 7, 2020
    Camera quality is good now. Seems more snappier than before.standby battery is worse but need few days to see actuall difference
    Battery is way worse for me tbh.

I used to get 5 sot now i get 3 sot max 4 which garbage.

Also gaming is a bit worse? Fps is dropping regularly.

Beefheart

Dec 5, 2007
    England
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

That is worrying, although 5 hours is still bad. I've never had less than 7 and I've had as much as 9. Definitely avoiding this update until people can provide more details after using it for a week or so.

eldrid

Jul 17, 2006
    London
    www.messaggio.in
    Not showing up in the UK yet.

@smederevoboy the G998B/DS is the Exynos version.
    It should already be available in the UK. in software info check your service provider software version if it is not BTU then you have a carrier branded device which means even though it may be an unlocked device you will need to wait for your specific carrier to release the update. I am in the same situation as it looks like I have a Vodafone device and will need to wait for them to release the update.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210331-083423_Settings.jpg
      Screenshot_20210331-083423_Settings.jpg
      374.7 KB · Views: 45
    Reactions: Berserker900

aj7400

• May 25, 2013
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Screenshot_20210331-130212_Device care.jpg

Just bought the phone yesterday updated to latest version - then factory reset - then new setup , these are the day 1 results ,
    Aod always on , OK google command always on , wqhd 120 hz ,
    It will average at around 6 h + which is not bad imo.

My phone is also pretty new , it will settle down and the results might be better in coming days

adamlee2012

Jun 11, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
    View attachment 5264905
    Just bought the phone yesterday updated to latest version - then factory reset - then new setup , these are the day 1 results ,
    Aod always on , OK google command always on , wqhd 120 hz ,
    It will average at around 6 h + which is not bad imo.

My phone is also pretty new , it will settle down and the results might be better in coming days
    After a big update it usually takes a few days for battery to settle.

Berserker900

• May 7, 2020
    This.
    Before i charged the phone eeached 19% and had 4+ sot.
    I have 2 sims on, one 5g but both active. Volte. Bluetooth...dunno tbh, maybe i use the phone alot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210331-151032_Device care.jpg
      Screenshot_20210331-151032_Device care.jpg
      283.5 KB · Views: 45

amirage

• Sep 1, 2010
    Dubai
    This.
    Before i charged the phone eeached 19% and had 4+ sot.
    I have 2 sims on, one 5g but both active. Volte. Bluetooth...dunno tbh, maybe i use the phone alot.
    The answer to your battery drain is in your post "I have 2 sims on, one 5g but both active. Volte. Bluetooth"...here's an experiment - remove disable 1 sim, disable 5G indoors (there's no use indoors anyways) and check your battery usage..it should improve reasonably..

eldrid

Jul 17, 2006
    London
    www.messaggio.in
    The answer to your battery drain is in your post "I have 2 sims on, one 5g but both active. Volte. Bluetooth"...here's an experiment - remove disable 1 sim, disable 5G indoors (there's no use indoors anyways) and check your battery usage..it should improve reasonably..
    I assume his usage patterns would be similar to before the update. I don't think he's asking about what he can do to improve battery life but pointing out that it's a bit lower after the update with similar use.

amirage

• Sep 1, 2010
    Dubai
    I assume his usage patterns would be similar to before the update. I don't think he's asking about what he can do to improve battery life but pointing out that it's a bit lower after the update with similar use.
    Aah...I see..then it would be better to see the usage pattern over the week.

Reactions: eldrid

babyboy3265

• Sep 20, 2012
    Jupiter
    Guys check this recording of a dark room.

The noise is just on a different lvl lol, is this normal?

I didn't start recording, this was taking from the view page.

For you to get better video quality at night, make sure to use 4K at 30fps. If the camera is at 60 fps the shutter speed is doubled which means it makes a lot less light in. To compensate, the phone increases the ISO and that creates that ugly noise.

Try it and thank me later. ;)

Reactions: Berserker900

Berserker900

• May 7, 2020

guys if anyone know how to reverse this. i can not install GOS or game launcher no matter what i do ?
    should i perform a full reset ? will it help?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I'm still with the April update here is Israel, but I don't know how you guys are getting these SOT's..
      I'm getting 4-6h sot max..
      Same here. Even I get similar SOT with proper usage, using most of the features of the phone. 4 hours with heavy gaming and camera usage, 5 hours with moderate mixed use - 6 hours on a light day involving mostly browsing and video streaming on WiFI. Sometimes, very rarely I hit the 7 hours mark - but it's not typical usage.

Don't get upset seeing people posting 9-10 hours SOT. With most of the phone's features disabled, cellular off, min brightness on a stark black background, keeping the screen on 720p, browsing low refresh rate pages or youtube videos, even you can push yours to that level. And one can't even dream of opening the camera app or fire up a game.

It's sort of like a breath holding contest. Just gives you bragging rights, but doesn't serve any purpose. You can't sustain that kind of usage on a daily basis, it'll drive you mad! I've tried it on my previous phones, and you can really double your SOT - at the cost of your sanity, so I abandoned this rat race long ago. It's something like what automobile manufacturers claim is the car's mileage per gallon of gas "in test conditions" - it never actually performs the same on the road. Same with trying to milk "extra" SOT out of a phone by going out of your way to modify your usage just to get that SOT screenshot. It practically cripples your phone usage. 5 hours a day ending with 10-20% battery is pretty standard for a phone with the kind of screen and specs this phone has. As long as my phone gets me through a day of typical usage, I don't bother with disabling stuff to eke out more SOT.

If you poll a thousand S21 Ultra owners, what do you think the average reported SOT will be? 8-9 hours? Or 5-6 hours?

No offence to the SOT champions here, you may have a completely different take on this, and it's fine. It's your phone, do what you want with it. And if your battery lasts for 10 hours of screen usage, good for you! I'm just sharing my real world experiences here. YMMV.
      What a plethora of detailed information. Overwhelming lol
      For everyone facing lags / heating issues ,
      Try wiping cache from recovery .

For me it has done wonders.

My phone used to remain warm .
      But now its all smooth .

Btw on AUDA may build
      AUE1 is smoothest build yet. Scrolling feels amazing.
      C'mon boys, share some info on how they new update is performing...
      Had terrible scroll lag on AUDA. Downloading AUE1. Will update shortly.
      Ok so notes regarding the AUDA:

1- overall smoothness in gestures and transitions.
      2- camera AI might be a bit faster now....not sure tbh
      3- the biggest improvement to me personally is battery life, i immediately saw a difference in a day usage
      4- benchmark is still high and almost the same using geekbench i get 1036 and 3300

Still exploring but man if this keep on going, i think this will be the best S series Samsung ever made.
      E2100 here.
      Cheerz.
      Yup, I can surely concur with the battery usage. 25% battery usage = 3.34 hours of SOT FWIW.
      I'm still with the April update here is Israel, but I don't know how you guys are getting these SOT's..
      I'm getting 4-6h sot max..
      Same here. Even I get similar SOT with proper usage, using most of the features of the phone. 4 hours with heavy gaming and camera usage, 5 hours with moderate mixed use - 6 hours on a light day involving mostly browsing and video streaming on WiFI. Sometimes, very rarely I hit the 7 hours mark - but it's not typical usage.

Don't get upset seeing people posting 9-10 hours SOT. With most of the phone's features disabled, cellular off, min brightness on a stark black background, keeping the screen on 720p, browsing low refresh rate pages or youtube videos, even you can push yours to that level. And one can't even dream of opening the camera app or fire up a game.

It's sort of like a breath holding contest. Just gives you bragging rights, but doesn't serve any purpose. You can't sustain that kind of usage on a daily basis, it'll drive you mad! I've tried it on my previous phones, and you can really double your SOT - at the cost of your sanity, so I abandoned this rat race long ago. It's something like what automobile manufacturers claim is the car's mileage per gallon of gas "in test conditions" - it never actually performs the same on the road. Same with trying to milk "extra" SOT out of a phone by going out of your way to modify your usage just to get that SOT screenshot. It practically cripples your phone usage. 5 hours a day ending with 10-20% battery is pretty standard for a phone with the kind of screen and specs this phone has. As long as my phone gets me through a day of typical usage, I don't bother with disabling stuff to eke out more SOT.

If you poll a thousand S21 Ultra owners, what do you think the average reported SOT will be? 8-9 hours? Or 5-6 hours?

No offence to the SOT champions here, you may have a completely different take on this, and it's fine. It's your phone, do what you want with it. And if your battery lasts for 10 hours of screen usage, good for you! I'm just sharing my real world experiences here. YMMV.
      Screenshot_20210329-113730_Software update.jpg

Ok, so basically transition are smoother. Camera might be better and less noisy of my experience, i have to test some more. Need more time for battery test. Heating is no issue, i live in Kuwait btw. Performance test on geekbench seems less than before, need more testing. Will test games further today and let you all know. Selfie for me are much better and less noise (would have shared but I'm ugly af). Anything you guys need to know??
      Ok, so basically transition are smoother.

Camera might be better and less noisy of my experience, i have to test some more.

Need more time for battery test.

Heating is no issue, i live in Kuwait btw.

Performance test on geekbench seems less than before, need more testing.

Will test games further today and let you all know.

Selfie for me are much better and less noise (would have shared but I'm ugly af).

Anything you guys need to know??
      Syrian living in Kuwait.

Kuwait is fully covered by 5g now and it is super fast.
      Wow ,
      India is fully covered with 4g
      But as soon as you turn a lane , phone shows 3g and as soon as you enter your house it shows 2g ,

Haha just kidding 😄😄

We do have 4g but , the speeds are like 10 mbps .

But we do have a very good optic fiber broadband at dirt cheap prices. ( 10 usd for 200 mbps unlimited data for 1 month)
      For everyone facing lags / heating issues ,
      Try wiping cache from recovery .

For me it has done wonders.

My phone used to remain warm .
      But now its all smooth .

Btw on AUDA may build
      AUE1 is smoothest build yet. Scrolling feels amazing.
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone