New Update Available!

Search This thread

navtey

Jan 15, 2017
Gorakhpur
Hey guys new update is Available on non-pie beta user ! share your experience
*changelog*
1. Fix Touch FW (probably the Ghost touch issue).

2. Improvement in Front Camera quality.

3. Improvement in status bar (probably the notch area issue which we all reported earlier)

and

4. February Security Patch.

Last edited:

yakub234go

Sep 9, 2011
Mumbai
My phone is rooted.
Must unroot before ?
Will this erase all my data ?
New TWRP for htis ROM ?

You need to unroot.
No it will not erase your data.
Stock recovery is needed if you are updating via FOTA.
Also make sure your system is not modified.
No need to relock your bootloader.

Last edited:

carabaothai

Dec 14, 2008
You need to unroot.
No it will not erase our data.
Stock recovery is needed if you are updating via FOTA.
Also make sure your system is not modified.
No need to relock your bootloader.

Need to unroot with the modified firmware updater-script file ?
Just this

No need to lock again if i want to keep twrp and to keep my phone rooted ?

kanwaljeetsm

Dec 26, 2015
Noticed slight improvement in battery backup, previously it used to give 1hr of SOT/10% of battery but now it has improved to 1hr20mins/10% of battery!
I feel some improvements in dt2w are done,reducing standby drain

navtey

Jan 15, 2017
Gorakhpur
Noticed slight improvement in battery backup, previously it used to give 1hr of SOT/10% of battery but now it has improved to 1hr20mins/10% of battery!
I feel some improvements in dt2w are done,reducing standby drain
I noticed it too , I am getting more screen on time I think notch area still isn't handled properly

damole

Dec 13, 2012
Thanks ! Still I feel like Asus misguiding customers into buying their new phone , that's seriously sick!

Can you be spefiic about this? Please don't say delayed Pie rollout is misguiding. Maybe it would be better for them not to annouce an expcted date for updates but then people would still keep asking.

I have had my phone for 2 weeks and I am very happy with it. It does everything I need from a phone and is a decent upgrade from my K8 Note. I am happy to have the Feb security patch in reasonable time.

I had a problem with the DND icon not being removed after turning off DND but that seems to be fixed in this update. I use System UI Tuner to remove mobile data icons so I have more space in the status bar for notifications.

navtey

Jan 15, 2017
Gorakhpur
Can you be spefiic about this? Please don't say delayed Pie rollout is misguiding. Maybe it would be better for them not to annouce an expcted date for updates but then people would still keep asking.

I have had my phone for 2 weeks and I am very happy with it. It does everything I need from a phone and is a decent upgrade from my K8 Note. I am happy to have the Feb security patch in reasonable time.

I had a problem with the DND icon not being removed after turning off DND but that seems to be fixed in this update. I use System UI Tuner to remove mobile data icons so I have more space in the status bar for notifications.
Hey See when you know you can't roll out update soon just don't promise it? I am not asking them to roll it out soon am asking them to be honest ! Because that's what makes company credible . I bought this phone with a hope that am getting pie which I wanted to explore but then from January it's been March but still we haven't got Pie . If Asus knew it can't roll out update that soon it probably shouldn't have started promising that ( and that would have cause them to lose customer) . Its not about you being happy with your phone it's about if you lied your words lose credibility!!!

Top Liked Posts