New update B380 released

Search This thread

zinko_pt

Dec 26, 2006
Manchester
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
I already installed it and it works. The only thing is bootlooping is SuperSU. I have to do a clean restart and try different SuperSU versions.
But it´s not normal not to have a changelog.
Fixed after a rollback to LP , factory reset and update. Installed TWRP and SuperSU 2.78 zip without issues.
It´s more fluid than B190, haven't experienced any notification problem (facebook, 2 whatsapp accounts) and battery drain seems way better than B371.
Doesn´t seem to have fast charge but need to fully discharge to confirm. I will post a graph to demonstrate. There is no fast charge switch like in LP ROMs, but that doesn't rule out the existence of fast charge (automatically switched).

I will say this again, 1~2% constant and average is NOT fast charge. Fast charge as Honor7 had from B1xx ROMs was 1~2% average BUT the first minutes (didn´t measured though) from 0% produced more charge than 1~2% in average and the closest the battery got to 100%, the slowest it charged, thus resulting in the same 1~2% in average overall but not constant.

Last edited:

lybad

Mar 18, 2014
Forfar
Fixed after a rollback to KK , factory reset and update. Installed TWRP and SuperSU 2.78 zip without issues.
It´s more fluid than B190, haven't experienced any notification problem (facebook, 2 whatsapp accounts) and battery drain seems way better than B371.
Doesn´t seem to have fast charge but need to fully discharge to confirm. I will post a graph to demonstrate. There is no fast charge switch like in KK ROMs, but that doesn't rule out the existence of fast charge (automatically switched)..

You're getting a bit carried away - the rollbacks on the Honor 7 go back to L, not KK. :)

Ing.King

Jan 5, 2016
Rozenberg
so, when display is turned off with standard charger it is like with b190. With fast charger, icon with notification appear immediately, charging bolt is doubled and ampere shows more than 2,2A with display on. Turned off around 2,8A depends on battery % level and cpu load. So yes, B380 supports fast charging. Memory 2GB free after restart no reason going back to B190.

zinko_pt

Dec 26, 2006
Manchester
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
You're getting a bit carried away - the rollbacks on the Honor 7 go back to L, not KK. :)
True, already corrected it. Although KK was probably more stable than LP :p
so, when display is turned off with standard charger it is like with b190. With fast charger, icon with notification appear immediately, charging bolt is doubled and ampere shows more than 2,2A with display on. Turned off around 2,8A depends on battery % level and cpu load. So yes, B380 supports fast charging. Memory 2GB free after restart no reason going back to B190.
Have you measured from 1%~5% charge, with the phone on, screen off, what is the average charging rate for the first 30 minutes and the amperes rated?
Are you using Mate 8 charger?

Last edited:

Ing.King

Jan 5, 2016
Rozenberg
nope did not test such in detail. In the office I am using charger standard 2A HW-050200E01 and at home quick charge HW-059200EHQ 9V2A from Aliexpress. Probably it is mate 8 type, compatible with Honor 9 too.

lezoreole

Dec 27, 2010
Hi,
I'm now on mm+kang and would like to give a try to this update. Do i need to go back to stock or can i just wipe system, dalvik, cache and data and install it then?

Sent from my PLK-L01 using XDA Free mobile app

r4dd3

Oct 30, 2012
No need to rollback. Just flash stock recovery, flash b380, flash a custom recovery and root again if you want to. (I used Honor Multitool)
Best regards Matze

Reactions: WFree

ocali94

Sep 8, 2016
Has anyone installed dolby atmos on this rom yet? if so which one? app crashes after i flash it

WFree

Apr 19, 2014

PoedelPCS

Sep 14, 2011
Coesfeld
Xiaomi Mi 11
you can also extract the update.app and put it on your internal or external sdcard into a dload folder placed on root dir. Then dial * # * # 2846579 # * # * and choose software update. I guess you'd need original recovery for that. That worked for me. I'm on B380 now as well.

btw does anyone know how to make notifications always expanded? In a prior version the were. Now I have to tap, hold, pull down on them.

jfrog007

Sep 25, 2016
Hello guys,
I'm new to this forum.
Have been searching around & reading for a while now, but didn't find a solution.

I own a chinese Version (PLK-AL10) with b220 installed and want to update to the latest b380.
How's that possible ?
I live in Austria and the actual installed build I'd get OTA.

In the HiCare App there's the b380 mentioned for download. BUT I can't register to the Huawei ID, cause I live in Austria ;)
So I need a different way to get this official build version.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks for your responses !
jfrog

Last edited:

HonorCasper

Apr 2, 2016
Gilleleje
Nokia 7.2
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi,
I'm now on mm+kang and would like to give a try to this update. Do i need to go back to stock or can i just wipe system, dalvik, cache and data and install it then?

Sent from my PLK-L01 using XDA Free mobile app
I think u need to Go back to stock mate[emoji4] please correct me if im wrong[emoji4]

Sent from my PLK-L01 using XDA-Developers mobile app

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Currently i'm on B370 with root, TWRP and Xposed. What i need to do? Remove root? Remove Xposed? Some Rollback?
Thanks in advance :)
I think u need to remove root and xposed and i think u need to Flash b370 stock recovery, not sure about that cause i heard somewhere that Official updates can be flashed by twrp but again not sure[emoji4]

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Damn im so sorry, didnt see the last Page of post before i postet, seems u have been answered?

jerryhou85

Senior Moderator | Developer Committee
Staff member
Hello guys,
I'm new to this forum.
Have been searching around & reading for a while now, but didn't find a solution.

I own a chinese Version (PLK-AL10) with b220 installed and want to update to the latest b380.
How's that possible ?

In the HiCare App there's the b380 mentioned for download. BUT I can't register to the Huawei ID, cause I live in Austria ;)

Any suggestions ?

jfrog
If you want to register a HUAWEI ID, your IP has to be in China?! If that's the case, I can register one for you. :cowboy:

zinko_pt

Dec 26, 2006
Manchester
Redmi K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi Pad 5
Hello guys,
I'm new to this forum.

How's that possible ?

Any suggestions ?

jfrog
Get the Huawei firmware finder http://xdaforums.com/honor-7/general/huawei-firmware-finder-team-mt-t3469621

Top Liked Posts