General New Update / Xperia 1 III / 61.1.A.4.78

Search This thread

akitomartin

Apr 12, 2016
I just received the update via OTA for the UK version. For now, no obvious change, other than Google's March security patch, 358 MB... I'm going to do more testing.

Attachments

• Screenshot (4 Apr 2022 08_58_26).png
    Screenshot (4 Apr 2022 08_58_26).png
    221.1 KB · Views: 192

Coleh

Oct 15, 2016
Nothing new so 😬. I need to check has this solved my Vodafone SIM issue too.
Hi mate, i'm on XQ-BC72 on Vodafone as well - what issue(s) are you referring to? I don't have Wi-Fi calling and Volte but never have, always assumed it's a firmware thing. Is there anything else wrong on Vodafone with this version of the phone?

Frederick888

Dec 14, 2012

defsix

Aug 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
Hi mate, i'm on XQ-BC72 on Vodafone as well - what issue(s) are you referring to? I don't have Wi-Fi calling and Volte but never have, always assumed it's a firmware thing. Is there anything else wrong on Vodafone with this version of the phone?
Its a strange fault I have with Vodafone Ireland only. Basically the device rejects the SIM card.

tomo100brt

Feb 25, 2011
There is less YouTube lag in scrolling. It is not fully fixed, but it is better than before.

Last edited:

Evil_Sephiroth

Nov 4, 2010
Italy
Sony Xperia 1 III
Tested on italiano phone and 4k HDR also solved here.

I was having lot of problem with fingerprints sensor after the update (never had before) but i solved registering new one.

Never had other issue (no 5G coverage and nothing good using It right now here)

LaceeWearsPrada

May 31, 2012
Budapest
The gentleman by my network provider had told me that it does not have to be supported by a specific network, but must be supported by at least one network in the country; which isn't the case with me.
So yesterday, I went to one of their shops, they said there's nothing wrong, gave me a new SIM and it still didn't work. Today morning I called their "tech support team" and volte was disabled. They enabled and it's working fine now.

Another news:
As I said with T-mobile HU the VoLTE worked fine by the first minute, voWifi works fine too and yesterday I was in another district where the 5G is available and the call was voNr (5g calling). I didn't believe my eyes :D

akitomartin

Apr 12, 2016
After several days of use I have found "Strange behaviours" with this new update:
- After a voice call the LED has turned red and does not turn off. I had to turn off the phone to get it back to normal.
- Widgets (from google, at glance for example) disappear from the add widgets menu on the home screen. I fixed it by restarting the phone and they reappeared.
- The app icons or their texts on the home screen are misaligned or crooked when you place them on the main screen.

I already did a clean install from Xperia Companion from scratch. And the behaviours are pretty random. I'm sharing this to see if anyone has had the same thing happen to them, otherwise I'll reformat the phone with the Xperia Companion again...
Thanks!

defsix

Aug 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
I've had a couple of random screen locks. Whilst looking at the phone and scrolling, I get a double vibration, screen goes of and locks device. Pin or fingerprint to unlock as usual.

KillSkill

Mar 12, 2020
Oh god, I want to downgrade so badly but I can't get the "fastboot --disable-verity (and/or) --disable-verification vbmeta vbmeta.img" command to work. Seems like fastboot thinks these aren't valid command. I tried fastbootd, flash mode and bootloader mode.

MrZippo

Oct 28, 2008
London
I don't know if anyone else is having this, but since the update I noticed that when I am in a call and the screen is locked and off, it keeps turning on when I have the phone pressed up to my ear. It's never done this before and only started after the new update.

Reactions: decomposed

defsix

Aug 18, 2011
Sony Xperia 1 III
Hi, I have WiFi Calling but no VoLTE. The SIM error was down to the SIM card profile that is stored on the phone after a different SIM is inserted getting corrupted.

New update released fw 61.1.A.7.35

According to information found it online -
-Security update (security patch level will be April 2022.)
-Fixed Dolby atmos settings.
-Fixed the care charging function.
-Changed the communication method of Game Enhancer related subsystems.
-Updated the application. (Game Enhancer, Music)
-Fixed other minor bugs.

Reactions: bountyman334

kevinmcmurtrie

Aug 22, 2015
It's almost not worth mentioning. All of Sony's phones have out-of-sync releases. The US model XQ-BC62 got an update that was two months old.

Top Liked Posts