• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ NEW UPDATE ] Xperia ZR C5502 INDIA 10.3.1.A.2.67 firmware Rolled Out

Search This thread

Mahesh124

Oct 15, 2013
Pune
Hi guys, I own an Xperia ZR C5502 too and recently unlocked my bootloader without knowing that my DRM keys and BE2 will be lost. Plus when I read the website with tutorial telling me to backup my TA I thought it was the ROM it was talking about and I didn't care. So now is there any way I can restore the TA partition. Can I use someone else's backup of the TA partition? Will that work? If yes, can someone please upload or send their TA partition backup to me.

PS - Thanks for the C5502 10.3.1.A.2.67 .ftf file. Really appreciate it :)

Thanks,

Gurinder Hans

You can give a try by following the procedure on Sony's site for unlocking bootloader..by that you can atleast get the unlock key to your email, then you can relock the bootloader via flash tool

gurinderhans

Jul 28, 2013
Surrey
1. As you have already Unlocked bootloader without taking TA partition backup there is no way to restore your DRM keys back, they are gone forever.
2. If you try to restore someone else's TA partition it will HARD BRICK your phone and it will be completely unusable.
3. Use your mobile as it is :)

Ight thanks! I was able to flash CM11 on the ZR and am happily running it.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 PM ----------

You can give a try by following the procedure on Sony's site for unlocking bootloader..by that you can atleast get the unlock key to your email, then you can relock the bootloader via flash tool

Thanks for the help! But now I have Cyanogenmod 11 on my ZR and I do not care about the TA partition anymore.

gurinderhans

Jul 28, 2013
Surrey
Last problem

Ok Man!! That was for in case you required to roll back to stock rom incase....:) Enjoy CM 11 kitkat

Hi guys, one thing I noticed. Even if I flash stock rom on my phone and then try to update phone OTA or using Sony PC Companion or Sony Update Service, it wont let me install, it says my phone has modified software installed. Even with locked bootloader stock firmware it returns the same message. Any way I can get back to stock and still receive OTA updates. Just want to know in case I want to be able to get back to stock. I am happy with CM11 right now but was just curious.

nikhilkaushik

Dec 12, 2011
New Delhi
Samsung Galaxy S9+
iQOO 7
Hi guys, one thing I noticed. Even if I flash stock rom on my phone and then try to update phone OTA or using Sony PC Companion or Sony Update Service, it wont let me install, it says my phone has modified software installed. Even with locked bootloader stock firmware it returns the same message. Any way I can get back to stock and still receive OTA updates. Just want to know in case I want to be able to get back to stock. I am happy with CM11 right now but was just curious.

Yes there happens to be only one method...

Remember you might have taken the backup of your TA partition, you need to restore that backup, then only even PC companion would let you upgrade or update your phone....
I happened to have faced the same thing but when I restored the backup of the TA partition then everything went back to normal....

soupaman

Dec 29, 2013
Sorry I ask here

Hi, I'm a newbie here ... I am trying to figure out how to install the 4.3 nordic ftf on my sony ZR but in the flashtool drivers apps cannot find Xperia ZR driver ... which driver I should use for Xperia ZR ..I've been searching the forums but none avail... thanks

Mahesh124

Oct 15, 2013
Pune

Yes the notification is because of unlocked bootloader So get the unlock key by following unlock bootloader procedure from Sony's website "I don't remember the link', The via flashtool you can relock boot loader and can get the OTA updates < I did the same to get Android 4.3, You need to click Boot loader unlock button and connect your phone in fastboot mode and click relock ; you will be able to relock your boot loader. All the best

Top Liked Posts