New update?

Search This thread

srimay

Dec 10, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I'm all stock so I upgraded.

It is in fact D85110m

I've only had it up and running for a few minutes and I already noticed two things.

- There is a slider feature added to the lock screen to instantly open the camera.
- I didn't think the phone was sluggish or laggy out of the box but I immediately could tell it runs smoother now with transitions between screens/apps. e.g. There used to be a bit of lag when opening the Recent Apps. Not anymore.

We'll see how it goes.
Can you posta screenshot of this new slider? The changelog only notes wifi calling upgrades. I flashed zoneroms 10m version and dont see any new lockscreen camera slider

Zachary droid

Aug 22, 2011
baltimore
Since im just rooted, with no twrp, can i still get this update, when i did it last night, it went thru, but it dident change from C to M, and i rebooted, and dident get any bootloops, any way i can see if it went thru, or anyway i can try it again

Swizzle82

Dec 20, 2013
Texas
Since im just rooted, with no twrp, can i still get this update, when i did it last night, it went thru, but it dident change from C to M, and i rebooted, and dident get any bootloops, any way i can see if it went thru, or anyway i can try it again

Most likely your not going to be able to ota with out unrooting and returning system mods back to original.

GB1978

Sep 11, 2014

I was rooted with stumproot and got the update today. I had to unfreeze everything in titanium backup, uninstall all xposed modules, then I unrooted via supersu. After I got terminal emulator from play store. Type in "su" without the quotes. If it errors you should be unrooted. Check with root checker basic

zayneeinzbern

Jan 9, 2011
if you have twrp installed or have modified /system you should not take this OTA. if on twrp things will get weird(as evidenced above..) and if removing/modding any default files in /system the zip will most likely fail.. as it checks for all original files first before the OTA update gets patched in.

as for the twrp issue.. I can only assume that it's due to the update/phone expecting stock recovery... and not getting it. there are flags set in the phone that tell the phone what mode to boot into... since you dont have stock recovery the phone is confused. check out this thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696
the fota and misc partitions are tied to this... try to zero out fota first. if that alone doesnt let you out of twrp... you may need to wipe misc. be sure to backup any partition to computer(dont just save on phone sdcard.. never know when it could get wiped..) before erasing anything.

as for this update(10m)... anyone taking it should be careful that the bootloader/downgrades have not been locked/blocked. I'll be waiting for others to take that risk first before even considering taking the ota.
*update* can confirm update is safe.. bootloader is not locked.. still rootable.

as for root... I doubt purple drake is blocked.. but is possible. I'm very sure Stump is still available as an option(tho app may need update).

if you got the update and dont want to take it.. and want the notification gone you should be able to use a file explorer to delete the update zip from the the /cache directory... as well as rename the LGFOTA.apk file in /system to LGFOTA.apk.bak.

I can also confirm that disabling OTA updates in the hidden menu works. the moment I set it back to "on" (i set mine to off day 1) and rebooted the update came in.
d851 hidden menu > wlan test > ota setting > off > reboot (if you have been notified of an available update do NOT reboot until you have deleted the ota zip first)

What is the update called? Ive got backup, fota, lost+found, recovery, and one with a bunch of random characters.

Zachary droid

Aug 22, 2011
baltimore
So i went back to stock, but how do i make the update come back, i took it once but i dnt think it went thru because i was rooted, is there a way to make it come back, or just wait for it to show up again..

spierce617

Nov 25, 2011
How I updated and re-rooted my LG G3

Here is how I update my LG G3 to the new M software. I was rooted, had TWRP installed, and some tweaks to the build.prop file and the system files.

Please read before you proceed. You will lose all of your files on the internal drive!

1. Do a back up in Titanium Backup. If you do not have that is fine. This is just in case the LG Back Up does not work.

2. Do a back up in LG back up (this will re-install all of your apps and screens that you have set now). Make sure you have this stored on an SD card not the internal drive

3. Copy all of your internal drive to your computer. This helped me out with some of the files that I needed after the update.

4. I used LG Mobile Support Tools to take me back to stock. Here is the web site for the software: http://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/TMUS_Update
In this program, you need to go to the Options- Upgrade Recovery

5. Allow this to work when this is done you will have lost all of your files on the internal drive. This will take your phone back to the day that you got it.

6. Update the software with the OTA update.

7. Install Stump Root (this worked for me) I had to use the brute force to get the root to work. It took about 2 minutes.

8. After that worked I rebooted and then did a restore with LG Back Up Tool. This restored all of my screens and programs.

9. I then installed Super U

10. Install TWRP and Busy Box.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For anyone else that took the update and is boot looping WTRP heres the fix that worked for me.

Originally Posted by brentkhack in G2 Forum. Thanks Brentkhack

Open Terminal Command in TWRP. On first page just hit The Advanced Button, Terminal Command, Select Current Folder, Then type the following.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

then hit enter

type

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/misc

then hit enter and reboot.

And then I used the method described by Autoprime to disable OTA updates in the hidden menu. Heres what I did.

1) Open Dialer and dial 3845#*851# for hidden menu.
    2) wlan test > ota setting >Disable
    3) Reboot

So far no new update message. Thanks Autoprime and Brentkhack
    if you have twrp installed or have modified /system you should not take this OTA. if on twrp things will get weird(as evidenced above..) and if removing/modding any default files in /system the zip will most likely fail.. as it checks for all original files first before the OTA update gets patched in.

as for the twrp issue.. I can only assume that it's due to the update/phone expecting stock recovery... and not getting it. there are flags set in the phone that tell the phone what mode to boot into... since you dont have stock recovery the phone is confused. check out this thread - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451696
    the fota and misc partitions are tied to this... try to zero out fota first. if that alone doesnt let you out of twrp... you may need to wipe misc. be sure to backup any partition to computer(dont just save on phone sdcard.. never know when it could get wiped..) before erasing anything.

as for this update(10m)... anyone taking it should be careful that the bootloader/downgrades have not been locked/blocked. I'll be waiting for others to take that risk first before even considering taking the ota.
    *update* can confirm update is safe.. bootloader is not locked.. still rootable.

as for root... I doubt purple drake is blocked.. but is possible. I'm very sure Stump is still available as an option(tho app may need update).

if you got the update and dont want to take it.. and want the notification gone you should be able to use a file explorer to delete the update zip from the the /cache directory... as well as rename the LGFOTA.apk file in /system to LGFOTA.apk.bak.

I can also confirm that disabling OTA updates in the hidden menu works. the moment I set it back to "on" (i set mine to off day 1) and rebooted the update came in.
    d851 hidden menu > wlan test > ota setting > off > reboot (if you have been notified of an available update do NOT reboot until you have deleted the ota zip first)
    How would I go about this? I thought people who installed the update were stuck in boot loops?

bootloop is due to taking the official OTA method while TWRP is installed... the proper OTA zip needs stock recovery.

I edited the OTA zip.. this should be flashable in TWRP now. (i havent tested it personally.. so if anyones willing ;) )

should update bootloader, kernel, system... not touch twrp and not touch root.

This zip is ONLY for those using TWRP.. on 10C(stock odex). This zip will still check for removed system files etc.. so zip will fail if youve removed/edited any system files (minus some carrier bloat which is fine).

If you've messed with /system too much and the zip fails due to your /system edits... you'll have to either revert all changes made.. or take the simple route and flash stock firmware (kdz/tot). tot will wipe user data so if going that route you may wanna backup data with titanium backup then move everything off /sdcard to restore after stock flash.

if you DO flash the stock kdz/tot... u shouldnt need my custo-twrp.zip anymore... the official OTA should work just fine now.

*edit*
    custom zip was fail. nothing to see here.
    Yeah, oh well I'll just wait for a flashable zip
    Did someone say flashable zip?
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2827304

[ROM] - ZoneROM - 09.10.14 - DeODEX - ODEX - D85110M
    So this isnt exactly a cry for help or anything, just to inform. I installed the update and now I have a boot loop. Will have to flash the ROM back on my phone when I get home. Swizzle82 Ill try yours out.

Bro, do you even read? :D