New Version MusicID Shazam 1.3.16 Tactile QVGA + VGA ( Fix Font)

Search This thread

crissg

Sep 21, 2007
Jackson, MS
Just got my bill. . .

Nothing about any subscriptions. :D

I know I've been using it over a month. I got the first version that used the hardware keys, and then upgraded to this touch version. So far so good.

mark_spector

Feb 4, 2008
uninstall ?

Hi,

Thanks for the QVGA version, but there is just a littke problem. I installed it on my cruise but now it's impossible to uninstall (there isn't showed in installed app list). The only way I found is to install the VGA version, uninstall it (it's possible with this version) and remove the link manually.

Any solution to correct this in the QVGA cab ?

Thanks,
Bye

NotATreoFan

Moderator Emeritus
Hi,

Thanks for the QVGA version, but there is just a littke problem. I installed it on my cruise but now it's impossible to uninstall (there isn't showed in installed app list). The only way I found is to install the VGA version, uninstall it (it's possible with this version) and remove the link manually.

Any solution to correct this in the QVGA cab ?

Thanks,
Bye

MusicID does not load any registry entries, so just browse to Program Files and delete the folder.

tkeating

Jun 30, 2008
Works Except Full Song feature

The app works great on my xv6700. Was using the old non-touchscreen.

only thing is that the 'Full Song' doesn't do anything. Should launch my browser with option to buy the song I assume. Clicking on or touching the Share ID button works.

Interestingly, the old non-touch screen version had "Wallpaper" option instead of "Full Song". But now it says "Full Song" as well. (I kept both version installed).

The old app does launch my browser and tries connecting to wap.att.napster.ericyhost.com/content/wap/dyn/track?id=625197&af=napster_att

ericyhost.com? seems like someone trying to stuff their affiliate ID in there.

Ah well, wouldn't buy the song on my WM anyway.

I wish the app would have a link to the lyrics. But it does what it is supposed to - find the name of a song. So 2 thumbs up!

but curious if anyone got the 'Full Song' button to work, so respond if you did.

medfcara

Jul 14, 2008
Hi! Thanx a lot for your work. Fine on my HTC Diamond. It works by wi-fi (home) and by internet connection with my provider (APN ibox.tim - Tim, Italy). But it doesn't work behind a proxy (wap.tim.it): i would like to use this apn because of commercial advantage of my profile (free 1024 MB/month through wap, only 30 MB/month by ibox). Any suggestion?
Thanx for your attention

chronster

Nov 9, 2008
DUDE YOU ROCK! This is one of the COOLEST apps I've downloaded for my touch pro.

I've tested it on some pretty obscure songs and it's found them all. This is awesome.

Dr4g0n75

Mar 6, 2008
Raleigh
The app works great on my xv6700. Was using the old non-touchscreen.

only thing is that the 'Full Song' doesn't do anything. Should launch my browser with option to buy the song I assume. Clicking on or touching the Share ID button works.

Interestingly, the old non-touch screen version had "Wallpaper" option instead of "Full Song". But now it says "Full Song" as well. (I kept both version installed).

The old app does launch my browser and tries connecting to wap.att.napster.ericyhost.com/content/wap/dyn/track?id=625197&af=napster_att

ericyhost.com? seems like someone trying to stuff their affiliate ID in there.

Ah well, wouldn't buy the song on my WM anyway.

I wish the app would have a link to the lyrics. But it does what it is supposed to - find the name of a song. So 2 thumbs up!

but curious if anyone got the 'Full Song' button to work, so respond if you did.

the links dont work for me either, but as far as which shows up depends on the song... i have seen wallpaper and full song choices on different songs...

p.s. any work on the full conversion to qvga? if a song title is long it takes like a minute to read it... heh... otherwise great mod for a great app

dropzone9540

Nov 14, 2008
Connection?

Okay, I've read through this entire thread and am still confused. If MusicID doesn't start its own data connection, how am I supposed to tell it to connect?

--

Finally got it... had to unplug the damn phone from the USB. Stupid.

Last edited:

coolguy949

Nov 4, 2008
Orange County, CA
VGA version works beautifully on Sprint HTC Touch Pro. No bugs or anything. The download wallpaper option looks like it's made to go through some ATT proxy.

I've been searching for this app for a while now, great work!

Quentin-

Apr 27, 2006
Q-Mobile MusicID QVGA

Not to steal your thunder but for those interested I have made a QVGA specific version as well (thanks for the idea lepsyfou). Check it out here.
Cheers,