New voicemail but no new voicemail

Search This thread

KidTech

Apr 14, 2010
When ever i turn on my HD2, i get the notification i have a new voice mail. but when i check to see i do i have no new ones it just the old one this is even happing when i switched to SPB shell. Is this hardware issue or something with my Sim or T-mobile? This is really getting annoying.

zatara50

Apr 17, 2010
I have noticed the same behavior. In my case i had one saved voicemail and everytime I restart my device, i get notificarion of a new voicemail.

KidTech

Apr 14, 2010
I also deleted my saved voice mail. Does this have to do with the software or hardware issue of HD2. Tomorrow i'm going go get my sim replaced. T-mobile needs to get on these issues and send a new update.

ministersin

Aug 25, 2008
I called Tmobile. They even went so far as to completely delete and reset my voicemail account. Didn't fix this. I switched to visual voicemail. Didn't fix this.

Tmo said they created a "trouble ticket" but I never heard anything again.

Obviously not everyone i having this issue...but us select few are. We need to determine what we have in common and then we'll know what is causing it.

Mine happened from Day, the very first time I put the SIM in. I had a Tmobile number already from a G1 that died. There were no new voicemails when I switched the Sim so it came up wrong from the very beginning.

alfaro58

Apr 2, 2010
i was having the same problem then i call tmobile and activate the new sim that came whit my hd2 and did a soft reset and my problem was gone (sorry for my bad english)

superchuck333

Sep 2, 2009
I figured out a fix for this!!!

I was said to be the first coustomer to notify tmobile about this problem.. I dealt with it for 2 weeks and even got a replacement phone...finally I suggested that they switch out my sim card.. IT WORKED.. this is now a known issue it is caused by visual voicemail on the HD2. the ONLY fix is to switch out your sim and disable Visual Voicemail for good...:confused::confused::confused:

KidTech

Apr 14, 2010
I dont even have visual voice mail on..But i do have a a sim card from last year..So tomorrow after work i will stop by my T-mobile corporate store and see if they can fix it.

shawn10

Apr 16, 2010
Whenever I try to set up the visual voicemail, it directs me to the website, and prompts me to add it to the package/bundle, and I do so, but it says that there is an error. Any ideas?

sirphunkee

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2009
Austin, TX
Whenever I try to set up the visual voicemail, it directs me to the website, and prompts me to add it to the package/bundle, and I do so, but it says that there is an error. Any ideas?

The service has to be active on your account for the app to work. If you're having trouble doing it through the website, you can just call up 611 and have a service rep add VVM to your line, it takes them all of 5 seconds.