new App Icon

new App icon

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u1AGIv38Dsl54hsbYhulU_qZGHh5AF7b/view

Icon%20212.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New type of wallpaper adds a personalization twist
    Ing31.jpg

Wallpapers have been around forever, in smartphone terms. There are two tribes to the species: Static and Live wallpapers. The static ones don't do much besides simply being aesthetically pleasing. Live Wallpapers on the other hand tend to be busy continuously running animation loop to entertain–or perhaps distract–the phone owner.
    I felt that something was missing here with choices available, hence Why I developed this concept of a Wake-Animation wallpaper.
    The idea in a nutshell is to have something greeting you everytime you unlock your phone–think of a dog eager to show 'I am your friend, here at your service! –yet won't distract with continuous animation loop.

To built my first WAW I used original art by Stephen Najarian, a talented illustrator working in the Fantasy genre.
    The way the app works is: you would set it to both Lockscreen and Homescreen in Settings->Live Wallpapers. When the phone is Locked, you will see lockscreen image that may appear like a puzzle with some ambiguity to interpretation. Once the phone gets unlocked though, the wake animation starts playing, and the pieces to the puzzle fall in place, finally revealing an image from Najarian's series. This short story visually unfolds in under a second, while your Launcher dishes out the icons.

For illustration, here the Locksceen on the left shows fragment of a beast up-close, which may not be that obvious at a first glance.
    As you unlock the phone and beast comes to life shooting lightnings all over, it becomes clear this is another one of Najarian dragons awakening.
    Comp_whi_circl_blu_out_levl1p16.jpg

How well it works in practice? I share a few screen-action videos I took with app prototype at wakeanimation.org, take a look at it.

Beta APK available now: GooglePlay Beta download link

Please share feedback/your experience.
    Thanks!
    APK available

News update: beta APK available on GooglePlay
    Install is pretty straightforward; after completing, navigate to Settings->Live Wallpaper, it should show there as Najarian's Myth with an icon.
    Choose it, and make sure to set it both to your Lock- and Home- screens. Then enjoy!
    Please share feedback/experience.