New Windows Mobile Bing App! Updated 04/14/2010 Cab Inside.

Search This thread

masterg0g0

May 4, 2010
the bing application is slow, doesnt work for indian navigation, its just not detailed :(( and i think will need some more time to be practical like the google maps.. meanwhile i am waiting for google maps to get some more features :)

cheers

DotheTP2

Sep 16, 2009
Seattle
Bing navigation works on my HD2 but phone keeps turning off. I can't find the setting or something to keep it on while using Bing apps.:(

Anyone has suggestion besides setting on all the time with battery power?

MHatter469

Mar 18, 2008
Wonderland
Google Pixel 6
If its any help this is version

Bing Mobile 5.1.2010.3290

Previous was

Its alot quicker than the previous version and they have moved the menus to the bottom. I cant see much change.

I dunno... I am on Verizon with a TouchPro2 running MightyROM, and NEVER has any version of Bing worked...

I heard about this new one and went to m.bing.com/download and it said unidentified device. Then I clicked "Try anyway" and downloaded the WM6.1/6.5.

1. It works, everything I have tried works... surprises me.
2. mine says Bing Mobile Version 5.1.2010.5040 T7380

I think the best feature is the Navigation, I was running an Android dualboot to run Google Maps Navigation, but Bing is better in my testing.

Since I could not run any previous versions of Bing I don't know what the discussions of the "old" layout is or what the functionality was compared with this one.

chikoo

Nov 19, 2009
Dallas, TX
If its any help this is version

Bing Mobile 5.1.2010.3290

Previous was

Its alot quicker than the previous version and they have moved the menus to the bottom. I cant see much change.

The latest one is Bing Mobile 5.1.2010.5040 and it is awesome.

It has voice navigation that can multitask with other tasks. What it means that the app keeps on running in the background keeping gps lock while you are talking to somebody.
It is also very fast at re-routing. better than the "Garmin Nuvi navigation" that I have in my car.

2 thumbs up!!
1 up Google maps and 1 up the iphone Bing app (it does not have the voice navi yet)

pickpocket

Apr 19, 2006
Lemon Grove, Ca
chefsroll.com
My 24hour Bing experience

Works ok on my Touch HD. Kind of disappointing really. You would think a company like Microsoft would come out with a product to give Google Maps some serious competition.

The biggest benefit I get from Bing is the voice navigation. I sync my phone to my blue tooth car stereo and it works pretty good. The voice isn't as clear as I'd like but I read somewhere that it's optimised for the phone's speaker so I'll deal with it. I can still understand what she's saying. She even talks to me while I'm listening to music via bluetooth from my phone. GPS initializes faster with Bing than Google, which is a plus, but you don't get any indication of how many satellites you're synced to or anything like that. You just have to take Bing's word for it.

Working in the program is a pain. For instance, if you save a location as a favorite (providing Bing can find it) you have one chance as far as I can tell to give that location a name. Otherwise it gets a default Map Location number and you're stuck with it unless you want to delete it and save it again. With Google Maps you can edit your favorite locations any time. Sometimes the menu buttons and keyboard are very slow to react. Ok not sometimes, most of the time. And there's a setting to block sexually explicit content when you search for locations or directions. I turned it off hoping for the best but it didn't make a difference :mad:.

The maps load a bit slower and you don't get any valuable layers like with Google Maps.

If it wasn't for voice navigation this app would be totally useless in my opinion.

stcardinal

Jun 27, 2010
Works ok on my Touch HD. Kind of disappointing really. You would think a company like Microsoft would come out with a product to give Google Maps some serious competition.

The biggest benefit I get from Bing is the voice navigation. I sync my phone to my blue tooth car stereo and it works pretty good. The voice isn't as clear as I'd like but I read somewhere that it's optimised for the phone's speaker so I'll deal with it. I can still understand what she's saying. She even talks to me while I'm listening to music via bluetooth from my phone. GPS initializes faster with Bing than Google, which is a plus, but you don't get any indication of how many satellites you're synced to or anything like that. You just have to take Bing's word for it.

Working in the program is a pain. For instance, if you save a location as a favorite (providing Bing can find it) you have one chance as far as I can tell to give that location a name. Otherwise it gets a default Map Location number and you're stuck with it unless you want to delete it and save it again. With Google Maps you can edit your favorite locations any time. Sometimes the menu buttons and keyboard are very slow to react. Ok not sometimes, most of the time. And there's a setting to block sexually explicit content when you search for locations or directions. I turned it off hoping for the best but it didn't make a difference :mad:.

The maps load a bit slower and you don't get any valuable layers like with Google Maps.

If it wasn't for voice navigation this app would be totally useless in my opinion.

Voice Nav is really the only reason I'd use it.

Antinee

Oct 19, 2010
i hate the new bing! i use to love how easy it wasy to text movie info with the touch of one button, or textthe resturant info i was at with the touch of one button!1!1 :-(

does anyone know if there is a way we can still use the old 2009 bing/live search??? PLEASE