Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ephraim

Oct 6, 2010
Cebu City
@ emphraim

dude new one is good but old one was quiet better

It's ephraim mate :D long time no see, i like the old one too. I think they should make a new one, they should combine the fun part of the old one and the informative part of the old one to make it better. Anyway, mods say that they will use both videos.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

M3ntalPurg3

Jan 18, 2012
Tacoma, Wa
I still like the old one better, i think it portrays the right message which is basically learn how to research and find answers for yourself. This is a very technical forum with a lot of existing asked questions and answers so don't be lazy and just post to get an immediate answer. Its like showing up halfway into a conversation and asking "what are you talking about" and everyone awkwardly stares at you, when you could have just listened for a little while and figured it out yourself. "Learn to Search to learn." Everyone had to start off as a NOOB, its your turn.:D

Sent from my Precious E4GT using xda premium

SXUsr

Jul 11, 2010
Here =)
I also like the old one better, but this one is made to welcome new users instead of scaring them away.
The old one is fine as it is imo...
The video is excellent and anyone who takes offence to it (a few People I've referred to it have done) doesn't grasp the point in the same way they don't know how to use Google. I also think it should be embedded in to the sign up page so all new members have to watch it all before completing registration.
...if People are put off let them go join another site. The point always seems to be rammed home that this is a "Developer" website but yet when it comes to doing anything about restricting ridiculously noobish activity it's like "well we can't do that unless it scares People away" etc. People joining this site should be of a particular mindset, aptitude to begin with and not joining to start new threads asking "how to" do what's right there in the Stickys, or on the very same page...

2md0xt1.png

...and it's been said on different Android forums is that it's the attitude here that is what puts People off because they don't get the reassurance, assistance or molly coddling they're looking for here.

So I'm all for anything that separates the wheat from the chaff.

T

The_Blue_Waffle

The old one is fine as it is imo...

...if People are put off let them go join another site. The point always seems to be rammed home that this is a "Developer" website but yet when it comes to doing anything about restricting ridiculously noobish activity it's like "well we can't do that unless it scares People away" etc. People joining this site should be of a particular mindset, aptitude to begin with and not joining to start new threads asking "how to" do what's right there in the Stickys, or on the very same page...

2md0xt1.png

...and it's been said on different Android forums is that it's the attitude here that is what puts People off because they don't get the reassurance, assistance or molly coddling they're looking for here.

So I'm all for anything that separates the wheat from the chaff.

You sir have put into words what I have been saying for years on this site ignore join date lol I got an infraction for a reason

sent from the only phone running paranoid xperiance

BangsLiekWhoa

Mar 28, 2012
I personally like the old one much better. I think it is more informative even if it is a bit hostile. I think the tone of it does a better job of giving people the right impression about posting nonsense and I never took offense to it when I joined the site.
This is the first I have seen the new one (somehow I missed it) but I still think the old version is better.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What do you think about the new XDA welcome video guys?

Here is the link for the NEW video.

Here is the link for the OLD video.

I added a poll to gather the opinions of other members.:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    http://u18chan.com/uploads/data/13325/pauad-meme-generator-excuse-me-wtf-is-this-****-3ae845_u18chan.jpg\

my humble opinion. feel free to flame
    Yeah man. I should have posted this around 15mins before the actual post time but my damn youtube app crashed when i hit the share button (i forgot the copy url wasn't there). I forgot you need to press menu then copy url :D

Great minds indeed think alike :D
    That's weird, I had the same thing happen. Since yous is in a different section, you should add a poll. Take a look at my thread. Yours here is for a mach larger group:eek:
    The old one is much better... maybe they should just have someone stand in front of a camera and record them reading this >>> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=16682226
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone