• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

New xperia z water damaged...

Search This thread

squall0833

Apr 7, 2012
Hahaha,

but still, feel bad for you bro :(

anyways, thank you for the info, thats exactly what I wanted know how if I forgot put the seal back in

a charging dock is a must, I wouldn't want keep open the seals

good to hear that you got insurance for that :D

waveloom

Sep 18, 2009
Rome
Weird story...i dont trust it much as long as i put my z in water with the charging port forgot open...anyway i was very quick to take it back from the watertub when i've seen the port opened...frankly...nothing of what is described happened to me, just, still after one hour..the charging port was still unoperative on usb connection...but in the evening when everything dry well...everything back normality.

Even if a major damage coult occur if the device stays longer in the water with the port opened... I doubt the water could ever reach the lcd panel as described as it should be sealed between a sensor frame and a connection frame displaced.

Also you said that the phone fallen on concrete and hit wall several time..and also the antishatter film didnt scratch?? That sounds like a bs to me as many on several forums already reported that the asfilm is very easy to scratch also with a penny and several videos have been reported yet..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GzYnDnZDRg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Last edited:

nickandre21

Mar 10, 2013
and that is why i haven't turned the warning notification of. Comes handy in reminding me to ensure the seals are shut. Dropped it once but that was from my bed side table no dents luckily. The under water photography is cool but i haven't managed to click one good pic as yet.

eniux

Mar 26, 2011
Enschede
Also you said that the phone fallen on concrete and hit wall several time..and also the antishatter film didnt scratch?? That sounds like a bs to me as many on several forums already reported that the asfilm is very easy to scratch also with a penny and several videos have been reported yet..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GzYnDnZDRg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Agreed, IP57 does not mean damage resistance. The first number means dust resistance, the second water resistance.

if you really want a durable phone try these.

http://www.sonimtech.com/products/xp3400_techspecs.php

Ryland Johnson

Feb 28, 2012
So i bought my xperia z on friday, (well thursday night as i working in the phone industry) and decided to test the hype....

So i had my phone im and out of bowls of water (about 15 times) bounced off walls, dropped from above my head several times onto wooden /tiles/concrete etc.

And to my surprise the phone with stood all of the attempts to break/water damage it.

But i noticed the phone needed to be charged so i unplugged the rubber seal to charge it and once finished decided to show off again to my friends( forgot to mention that i was at a birthday party drinking heavily) dunked the phone back into the water and it went crazy.

I FORGOT TO PUT THE SEAL BACK IN.....

. So my phone was water damaged..

As i was able to do an insurance.

So all in all, i have never attempted this with any other phone in my life (this was a first) but i was highly impressed with the resilience of this flagship from sony the xperia z....

There wasent even a mark on the anti shatter film that is on front and back of the handset.

So bottom line is that if you are prone to accidents or just not good with phones in general. THIS IS THE PHONE FOR YOU AS TESTED TO THE MAX BY ME...

Just to note that the camera was perfect the whole time leading up to the forgetting to put the seal in...

I also got a few cool photos from under water... :D

So thats my story.......

Sent from my C6603 (Sony Xperia Z round 2) using xda premium

If something smells odd don't eat it! Something here is simply.......well an owner of the SXZ can soon work it out.

I am not suggesting you are not telling the truth I am suggesting you had too much to drink and got mixed up.

Caution.

Ankush495

Feb 9, 2013
Vellore
Same here

So i bought my xperia z on friday, (well thursday night as i working in the phone industry) and decided to test the hype....

So i had my phone im and out of bowls of water (about 15 times) bounced off walls, dropped from above my head several times onto wooden /tiles/concrete etc.

And to my surprise the phone with stood all of the attempts to break/water damage it.

But i noticed the phone needed to be charged so i unplugged the rubber seal to charge it and once finished decided to show off again to my friends( forgot to mention that i was at a birthday party drinking heavily) dunked the phone back into the water and it went crazy.

So all in all, i have never attempted this with any other phone in my life (this was a first) but i was highly impressed with the resilience of this flagship from sony the xperia z....

There wasent even a mark on the anti shatter film that is on front and back of the handset.

So bottom line is that if you are prone to accidents or just not good with phones in general. THIS IS THE PHONE FOR YOU AS TESTED TO THE MAX BY ME...

Just to note that the camera was perfect the whole time leading up to the forgetting to put the seal in...

So thats my story.......

Hello...I had put my Xperia Z in charge,then forgot to close the port fully....and as always decided to show off with Water....then when i realised that the port was open, immediately i took out of water and then saw that the phone kept restarting,..
After sometime it stopped but the phone was very very HOT..
i saw that some water was inside the Front camere...i was worried :crying:
Then next day it was a miracle the water was gone from the front camera,BUT
the DISPLAY became dull....i wasnt able to increase the brightness....
I donno what to do,Sony center said that it was WATER LOCK and they wouldnt repair it but only REPLACE it,Out of Warrenty:crying:
Still the display is dull....i donno what to do ..
They are asking about 31000 rupees for the replacement,i.e 80% of the cost :(
What should i do ??

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
What should i do ??

Pay the money, then don't mess around putting your phone in water ever again?
The phone is obviously beyond the point of economical repair if they're refusing to do so. I would personally accept the offer of a reduced price replacement in that case (assuming I had the money, that is :) )

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk 2

Imdking

Apr 23, 2009
Columbus, OH
Hello...I had put my Xperia Z in charge,then forgot to close the port fully....and as always decided to show off with Water....then when i realised that the port was open, immediately i took out of water and then saw that the phone kept restarting,..
After sometime it stopped but the phone was very very HOT..
i saw that some water was inside the Front camere...i was worried :crying:
Then next day it was a miracle the water was gone from the front camera,BUT
the DISPLAY became dull....i wasnt able to increase the brightness....
I donno what to do,Sony center said that it was WATER LOCK and they wouldnt repair it but only REPLACE it,Out of Warrenty:crying:
Still the display is dull....i donno what to do ..
What should i do ??

Haaa!

So, you put your phone in the water to show off! Did you earn yourself some cool points? Are those cool points worth 31000 Rupees?!
Ha!

"What should I do?" he asks?
Buy another phone. And this time, use it for a phone, not a donut. (Dunkin!) Haaaaaaaa! :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryland Johnson

julianalexander

Mar 27, 2013
Haaa!

So, you put your phone in the water to show off! Did you earn yourself some cool points? Are those cool points worth 31000 Rupees?!
Ha!

"What should I do?" he asks?
Buy another phone. And this time, use it for a phone, not a donut. (Dunkin!) Haaaaaaaa! :laugh:

thats what he got when showing off.. xpensive phone is worth handling with care.. hahaha.. right man??..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So thats my story.......

Moral of that story - get a charging dock ;)
    There was the aftershot when i found out it was wrecked...

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium
    Wish if I could c ur face after the failure brank?
    Anyway nice story

Sent from my C6602 using xda app-developers app
    That possibly could have helped. Haha.

Funny enough it didn't die.

I was still able to turn it on and bluetooth my photos that i had taken from the party to the new phone..

It did restart a few times and had like water marks on the underside of the screen near the charge port..

So presently suprise it still worked.

But i wont be doing this in a hurry again. :eek:
    But good to know that if i spill a drink/use it in the bath and drop it down the toilet it would be fine.

Sent from my C6603 using xda premium