New_RUU_Supersonic_3.30.651.3_Odexed & Deodexed_Stock_11-15-2010

Search This thread

MRFERRARI23

Jul 19, 2007
NYC AkA GOTHAM!
Hows this new kernel?? What are peoples opinions about it?? I'm currently using ziggy kernel from 11/13 thats overclocked to 1.19 ghz and it seems good but I'm always up for something else if it's better :D

Thanks guys!!!

marc.ientilucci

Dec 8, 2007
Rochester, NY
www.starvingmarc.com
Hows this new kernel?? What are peoples opinions about it?? I'm currently using ziggy kernel from 11/13 thats overclocked to 1.19 ghz and it seems good but I'm always up for something else if it's better :D

Thanks guys!!!

kernel is nice for my usage. im connected to 4G (at least 2 bars) all day at work from 8 until 5 and no need to charge at lunch. im not constantly on it but enough to check texts, facebook, email, twitter and some web pages. not to mention making update to fantasy (yup i got vick starting tonight lol)... i do have a car charger for the ride home, usually about a 25 min ride for me and that will juice me up for the rest of the night until i have to sleep. (im currently at about 45%) running setCPU with this kernel seems to suit me just fine. also i havent noticed any lag with this rom using this kernel so give it a test, if not nandroid

snovvman

Jun 6, 2008
I have 003 hardware and running stock 3.29, one-click rooted. I would like to go 3.30 deodexed, but don't want to reinstall all the apps and reconfigure everything.

Can I simply flash the 3.30 deodexed over my existing ROM? If not, what is the best way to go about doing it? I would really appreciate some pointers.

Cheers.

marc.ientilucci

Dec 8, 2007
Rochester, NY
www.starvingmarc.com
I have 003 hardware and running stock 3.29, one-click rooted. I would like to go 3.30 deodexed, but don't want to reinstall all the apps and reconfigure everything.

Can I simply flash the 3.30 deodexed over my existing ROM? If not, what is the best way to go about doing it? I would really appreciate some pointers.

Cheers.

its simple if you use titanium backup. there is also a way to backup your sms's with a free app from the market.

EDIT: check you private messages.

Last edited:

xHausx

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 5, 2010
Central Florida

Cheers.

As long as you wipe your dalvik and cache you *should* be good, I don't know how it will work with the one click but mine started back up fine. I think I had a couple hiccups with my widgets but it all straightened itself out.

Edit: Thanks for posting the kernel. There's a mirror for it http://www.multiupload.com/AZLIBI3PZN

Last edited:

snovvman

Jun 6, 2008
As long as you wipe your dalvik and cache you *should* be good, I don't know how it will work with the one click but mine started back up fine. I think I had a couple hiccups with my widgets but it all straightened itself out.

Edit: Thanks for posting the kernel. There's a mirror for it http://www.multiupload.com/AZLIBI3PZN

Thanks. If I recall, there are options to wipe the dalvik and cache in clockwork?

Will I need to go back and delete all the odex files after the flash?

Cheers.

Cy_n_ic

Sep 11, 2010
Yes clockwork has those options, dalvic hides under the advanced menu and iv noticed if i wipe it first i dont have the issue of it thinking so long before it asks yes or no to confirm wipe if anyone else is experianced that

You will not have to delete any odex files as they will not be there, they are put back into the apk. i believe that is where they go, im like 87% sure thats where they belong

snovvman

Jun 6, 2008
Yes clockwork has those options, dalvic hides under the advanced menu and iv noticed if i wipe it first i dont have the issue of it thinking so long before it asks yes or no to confirm wipe if anyone else is experianced that

You will not have to delete any odex files as they will not be there, they are put back into the apk. i believe that is where they go, im like 87% sure thats where they belong

Thank you. I was wondering about the odex files because I am planning on flashing from the stock 3.29 odexed ROM directly to this 3.30 deodexed ROM (without doing a full wipe). I didn't know if the odex files would stay behind as I imaging the flashing process will add or overwrite files but not delete the existing (odex) files? Thanks for any guidance.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Cy_n_ic

Sep 11, 2010
Idk if not doing the full wipe will cause problems, please report back im interested in your results

ericwgarza1

May 13, 2008
H-Town, TX
If I apply the kernel the way it is packed now, it will replace my entire boot.img (ramdisk + kernel) right? Is there anyway we can get just the kernel placed in Koush's kernel updater?? Gracias!

s4audi

Nov 3, 2008
How about a mirror of the flashable kernel?

EDIT***

Nevermind, I found it. Its on the 11th page..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I installed the Deodexed version and it seems like my phone is taking longer to reboot and sense is definitely taking longer to load.

Anybody else having this issue?

Someone please correct me if im wrong....Im prety sure thats the point. odexed roms start faster but cant be themed, or makes it very difficult. Where deodexed start slower but are easily themeable
    Titanium backup. Its in the market, theirs a paid and a free version. Both will back up all your apps, their data, and system data.