Newb questions regarding Oneplus 5T

Search This thread

virtyx

Jan 3, 2011
Hi

long time user of Huawei and Sammy
after waiting long for some sort of development for Huawei phones i have given up and im taking the plunge into the oneplus territory, after researching it seems like oneplus dont put obstacles in the way of development.

i have a few questions before i receive my oneplus and starting tinkering with it.
(disclaimer i know there is a tool for fact image twrp etc etc)

Firstly regarding stock image, is there only one firmware for the oneplus5T? i dont see anyone mentioning anything about branding or region stock ROMS.
also is there a download portal we can download the stock ROM / and extract .img files? (Huawei had a tool that lets you extract the .zip and within the zip the boot.img file could be extracted using another tool also to repack)
if not is there something similar (does TWRP let you backup boot.img and other important files? are they able to be modified and re-flashed?)

also what is the proper procedure in flashing ROM, Kernel, SuperSU and boot.img (which order)?
--i say boot image because i have some customisations id like to flash, if the kernel or SuperSU contains the boot.img i may be able to edit the changes and flash

on the huawei it was ROM>boot.img>kernel> supersu (Assuming supersu and kernel, bluspark in particular, doesnt flash stock boot.img just uses the one installed to modify - specifically id like to modify fstab in the boot img and keep my modifications)

when installing TWRP and wiping /data before first boot do any system applications get wiped? (on huawei some applications disappeared, themes, camera etc) or does all the good stuff reside somewhere else? (i.e i dont have to flash anything after wiping data as i did on the huawei to get some stuff back)

and finally, does root affect logging into snapchat?
on my mate 9 i had no problems but using the root method for the 10 caused problem

thank you!

Last edited:

Lu-USVI

Dec 3, 2017
To My knowledge the is one Global Rom.

For all your other questions, go here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-5t/development

Hi

long time user of Huawei and Sammy
after waiting long for some sort of development for Huawei phones i have given up and im taking the plunge into the oneplus territory, after researching it seems like oneplus dont put obstacles in the way of development.

i have a few questions before i receive my oneplus and starting tinkering with it.
(disclaimer i know there is a tool for fact image twrp etc etc)

Firstly regarding stock image, is there only one firmware for the oneplus5T? i dont see anyone mentioning anything about branding or region stock ROMS.
also is there a download portal we can download the stock ROM / and extract .img files? (Huawei had a tool that lets you extract the .zip and within the zip the boot.img file could be extracted using another tool also to repack)
if not is there something similar (does TWRP let you backup boot.img and other important files? are they able to be modified and re-flashed?)

also what is the proper procedure in flashing ROM, Kernel, SuperSU and boot.img (which order)?
--i say boot image because i have some customisations id like to flash, if the kernel or SuperSU contains the boot.img i may be able to edit the changes and flash

on the huawei it was ROM>boot.img>kernel> supersu (Assuming supersu and kernel, bluspark in particular, doesnt flash stock boot.img just uses the one installed to modify - specifically id like to modify fstab in the boot img and keep my modifications)

when installing TWRP and wiping /data before first boot do any system applications get wiped? (on huawei some applications disappeared, themes, camera etc) or does all the good stuff reside somewhere else? (i.e i dont have to flash anything after wiping data as i did on the huawei to get some stuff back)

and finally, does root affect logging into snapchat?
on my mate 9 i had no problems but using the root method for the 10 caused problem

thank you!