• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Newbie to 5a - pardon the stupid questions

Search This thread

goodjuju

Jul 25, 2013
Capitol DC
  • Anyone been able to use H2O wireless SIM from the old phone in this phone? It does not even recognize there is SIM is present!
  • Anyway to hide or remove the g.pay from the top bar?
  • Show seconds on the top bar?
  • Shake to trigger flashlight?

Jun 2, 2018
West Allis
  • Anyone been able to use H2O wireless SIM from the old phone in this phone? It does not even recognize there is SIM is present!
  • Anyway to hide or remove the g.pay from the top bar?
  • Show seconds on the top bar?
  • Shake to trigger flashlight?
I know I tried to use an old sprint sim in my 3Xl once I upgraded to Barbet and TMobile said that the sim was still tied to the old device. It could be that you need a never-used sim if that is even a thing. I have figured out how to double-tap the back of the device to launch an app, you could google double tap back and then have that open a flashlight/routine of some sort maybe. I believe there is also a Magisk mod released for all google devices that changes some functions of the notification/time etc. Look around more and you'll find some of your answers either in the forum here or through google search.

Good luck!

goodjuju

Jul 25, 2013
Capitol DC
Solved!! H2O wireless problem. Got a new H2O starter SIM, the phone recognized it. Then I called H2O to swap my old number to the new number. Now I have both Fi (eSIM) and H2O SIM card working. If it did not work, the phone was going back.

Put the new SIM into the old phone it works there too.

Still looking for answers to items 2,3,4 from my first post.

Sep 25, 2015
Google Pixel 5a
Solved!! H2O wireless problem. Got a new H2O starter SIM, the phone recognized it. Then I called H2O to swap my old number to the new number. Now I have both Fi (eSIM) and H2O SIM card working. If it did not work, the phone was going back.

Put the new SIM into the old phone it works there too.

Still looking for answers to items 2,3,4 from my first post.
2 and 3 are build into LineageOS. Don't know about shake to trigger flashlight.

goodjuju

Jul 25, 2013
Capitol DC
Shake to trigger flashligh - Really missing the convenience. I think it was native Android feature wish Google would put it back in.

rdv291

Dec 5, 2010
Kolkata
I am from India, where Google missed Pixel 6 series, and Pixel 5a launch is coming soon. Should I buy 5a or wait for my brother to get it from Europe?

Top Liked Posts