Newbie Urgent help last day to return

Search This thread

Sbennett79

Dec 9, 2022
Google Pixel 4 XL
Afternoon everyone i urgently need opinion i have a perfect black round dot that i thought was a sensor or selfie camera or notification i cant screen shot it as it goes and disappears but is is permanently there other than that films screens on black backgrounds but wierdly not on screenshots anyone know hwta it is? it doesnt look like a pixel more like a notifcation or smomething telling me i have something switched on i have attached a picture from my iPhone thanks in advance

Attachments

• dot 1.jpg
    dot 1.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 19
  • dot 2.jpg
    dot 2.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 20
  • dot 3.jpg
    dot 3.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 19

#mcl

Hey!
When you make screenshots, does the dor appear?
As I see there are 2 options:
1. (Most common) you have dead pixels. This means those pixels are literally dead, and as a consequence, black permanently. The only way tk fix is it is by replacing the screen

2. (Very rare) a software problem. In this case by some reason those pixels aren't been rendered, though this is a remote possibility, but posible. For checking, if you capture a screenshot and the dot appear, then there may be a software problem. Otherwise, the phone is rendering that black dot, but by some reason the screen isn't showing it up.

So please let me know if when capturing a screenshot you see the dot.

Reactions: Arealhooman

Arealhooman

Hey!
1. (Most common) you have dead pixels. This means those pixels are literally dead, and as a consequence, black permanently. The only way tk fix is it is by replacing the screen

2. (Very rare) a software problem. In this case by some reason those pixels aren't been rendered, though this is a remote possibility, but posible. For checking, if you capture a screenshot and the dot appear, then there may be a software problem. Otherwise, the phone is rendering that black dot, but by some reason the screen isn't showing it up.

They say they can’t screenshot it. It’s a dead pixel. if the device is under warranty, use the warranty. If not, rlly nothing you can do, there are some yt vids that flash lights your screen, and that can potentially fix it.

There is a small possibility it’s a app overlay doing this, does still appear when you are in the settings app (settinsg does not show overlays unless you toggled the option in developer settings)

Sbennett79

Dec 9, 2022
Google Pixel 4 XL
It appears everywhere settings videos and anywhere else.. except a screenshot if i do that it goes. normally a dead pixel is quite blurry and you can tell the burn etc etc this is a exact round dot like its a notification or sensor initially i thought it was a camera or light ambient sensor lol i may have toggled something in developer settings lol its so exact and round i thought i may have mucked around with somthing in the settings

#mcl

Dead pixels don't need to be blurry. Dead pics and screen burning are different things. Dead pixels may happen by an impact to a certain region of the screen that was hard enough to kill those pixels. Maybe a shortcut as well. I don't really know. To me it seems dead pixels

Sbennett79

Dec 9, 2022
Google Pixel 4 XL
Dead pixels don't need to be blurry. Dead pics and screen burning are different things. Dead pixels may happen by an impact to a certain region of the screen that was hard enough to kill those pixels. Maybe a shortcut as well. I don't really know. To me it seems dead pixels
I wonder if anyone else’s 4xl is like it. Run the you tube fixes none worked wonder if it’s a setting

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey!