• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Newer update available

Search This thread

carnivalrejectq

Just wanted to inform people that there is a new minor update available. It didn't pop up on its own. I found it this morning by manually checking for one. Haven't tested improvement yet.

Attachments

• 1450101879508.jpg
    1450101879508.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 846
Reactions: NYLUVBUG

carnivalrejectq

Wtf.. How are you possibly gauging that your battery life is better? Patch just came out!! You need to cycle your battery a couple times before getting an accurate reading.

Sent from my SM-G920T using XDA Free mobile app

Because my battery would drain rapidly visible to the eye just by using it. I've had my phone in my hand a lot today and the battery by a 1% basis is just not going down the way it normally does.

Daedalus-420

May 19, 2014
Not sure if anyone else was affected, but this update bricked my modem. Bluetooth audio crashes the phone and the cellular radio will no longer connect to towers. I'm stuck on WiFi until my warranty replacement arrives.

DarkZal

Dec 17, 2015
Not sure if anyone else was affected, but this update bricked my modem. Bluetooth audio crashes the phone and the cellular radio will no longer connect to towers. I'm stuck on WiFi until my warranty replacement arrives.

I'm not totally sure if this will fix your issue, but try using kies or smartswitch to download stock firmware and wipe it and reinstall stock.

Reactions: Daedalus-420

Daedalus-420

May 19, 2014
I'm not totally sure if this will fix your issue, but try using kies or smartswitch to download stock firmware and wipe it and reinstall stock.
Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't get much grief on the warranty replacement, so I'll wait for that to arrive.

I've been running stock with package disabler on this for a long time (upgraded with everything re-enabled). Wanted to try a t-mobile version of xlite but it looks like the dev dropped support for that build in favor of the international one.

Haven't tried a factory reset yet since I've got a bunch of tokens I need to keep until I can move them and don't want to risk losing more functionality with a reset or image. [emoji28]

DarkZal

Dec 17, 2015
Thanks for the suggestion! I didn't get much grief on the warranty replacement, so I'll wait for that to arrive.

I've been running stock with package disabler on this for a long time (upgraded with everything re-enabled). Wanted to try a t-mobile version of xlite but it looks like the dev dropped support for that build in favor of the international one.

Haven't tried a factory reset yet since I've got a bunch of tokens I need to keep until I can move them and don't want to risk losing more functionality with a reset or image. [emoji28]

For what it's worth, I've been able to move tokens over by rooting and using titanium backup with great success. Just a recommendation if the warranty doesn't show up for a long while.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just wanted to inform people that there is a new minor update available. It didn't pop up on its own. I found it this morning by manually checking for one. Haven't tested improvement yet.
    My battery seems a little better

Wtf.. How are you possibly gauging that your battery life is better? Patch just came out!! You need to cycle your battery a couple times before getting an accurate reading.

Sent from my SM-G920T using XDA Free mobile app