Newest Smart Watch / Android Watch to look out! No.1 D5!

Search This thread

Lumatic

Aug 11, 2017
lumaticsoft.com
Watch Droid

Hello thanks for the interest in Watch Droid, at the moment I am working on some graphical aspects to improve on certain devices, soon I am going to release a new version with the possibility to resize the texts, translations in Russian, Italian, Polish.
I only develop in my free time so the improvements are going to go little by little. I hope you can enjoy these soon.
Greetings.

This is actually really good, if you disable the app that comes with the phone this app allows you to send text messages over blueooth if you are using the phone without a SIM, this adds some much needed functionality to this phone, i'd be happy to pay for this on the app store.

It would be pricesless if you could get bluetooth calling working, at present I can make a call but only have the conversation on my phone or reject and incoming call.

What are the changes of getting bluetooth calling working with this app do you think, are there other apps that allow bluetooth calling?

LC10K

Oct 3, 2017
Hello thanks for the interest in Watch Droid, at the moment I am working on some graphical aspects to improve on certain devices, soon I am going to release a new version with the possibility to resize the texts, translations in Russian, Italian, Polish.
I only develop in my free time so the improvements are going to go little by little. I hope you can enjoy these soon.
Greetings.

Hi there! First and foremost, thank you for taking your time making this!
I've got a Finow X5 Air in the mail, and have been searching for something like this. Really pleased to see what you are working on, and i am very much looking forward to trying it out.

I don't know if you are interested in feature-suggestions. But with dual sim in mind, what i have been wishing for, is to be connected to my phone and whenever the connection to the main phone would break or engage, an app would enable/disable cellular/sim in the watch. Like if i where to do a short trip to the grocery-store or whatever. I'm thinking that would be an awesome battery saving feature. As far as how to achieve that, i'm not sure... I know there are apps out there to singularly disable cellular radio power, but they all require a rooted device from ver.lolipop and above.

Therefore.. My mental suggestion was initially:
Whenever the app connection breaks, the assistant disables airplane-mode.
When the app regains connection again, the assistant enables airplane-mode, then quickly enables bluetooth.
I realised that this would mean the bt-connection would be lost again and that could create the posibility of a neverending loop, perhaps if there was no way to ensure that the bluetooth-poll halts for 10 to 30 seconds after it's initially regained connection. (?) (Really, i'm out fishing here, i have no idea.)

Perhaps the easiest would be to support that spesific feature only for rooted devices. (I know i would root mine, In fact, i will root it anyways, just to be able to do that one-button press to halt cell-power.)

Either way, thank you! I'm looking forward to testing out your work. :)

zabique

Jan 12, 2009
milton keynes
Lunatic thanks for great app, it fixed Amazfit Pace biggest issue with notifications. I wish you could include change log somewhere for each new version.

Keep up great work, I'll be donating today

Ibromish

Apr 11, 2016
Greetings.

Good job Lumatic :good:
I have installed; the watch assistant on D5 (smartwatch), and watch phone on Ulefone power and the experience has been superb!
With D5 connected to Power and Bluetooth headset (ability to connect to two devices at once) connected to both as well, I am able to answer/initiate calls across the devices:D.

Another addition I would love to see is a remote capture (camera ). lest I forget, the "watch phone" app on the phone is frequently crashing my system UI (don't know if it's generic or specific) other than this particular issue, it works just fine!
Kudos and thanks

Jequan

Aug 30, 2012
Greetings.

Thank you so much for Watch Droid. Your app is a lot better than the app provided by No1! You managed to make this watch usable in your freetime. This is pretty incredible.
I had my No 1 D5 lying in a drawer for almost a year now. I never wanted to use it as a phone. I only wanted a watch that notifies me. The D5 did not do that or at least not in a way that it was useful.
Now I can see what mails I got and even read the whattsapps. This is what I wanted.
The D5 is in daily use again now. :good:

Reactions: paulojorjealmeida

zafrix8

Oct 29, 2011
Goodbye, my No.1 D5

My No 1 D5 has been great. Been using it as a daily watch. But today marks the "death" of it. The straps finally "broke", fell out exposing the anthenas, which also disconnected them in the process. I wonder if I can just snap off the straps entirely, and replace with normal straps. Since I will not be using the wifi and gps anyway.

Attachments

• IMG_20190212_153705-02.jpeg
    IMG_20190212_153705-02.jpeg
    113.5 KB · Views: 139

zafrix8

Oct 29, 2011
Change straps, goodbye gps and wifi

I finally did it. Tried to fix the broken strap by glueing together, but no used. The wire also seems difficult to re-solder since it is too short and too far inside the strap. So, with minimal force applied, I peel off the leather strap from the plastic piece, and the wires "unplugged" it self. Removed the plastic pieces, and there you go. Good bye wifi and gps anthenas. I bend the excess wires and shove it back into the holes.
I tried to use another leather straps, but it is so difficult to attach due to the strange shape of no1 d5 at the connectors. Finally I managed to fit in a rubber strap. Barely fit, but so far so good. However, the wire holes are still visible though.
The wifi still works, but only if you place the watch beside the router or your hotspot phone hahahaha. Bluetooth works fine I think. GPS never work properly for me even before this.
Well, looks like D5 going to served me again, until it totally dead hahahaha.

Attachments

• IMG_20190215_194101-01.jpeg
    IMG_20190215_194101-01.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_20190215_201003-01.jpeg
    IMG_20190215_201003-01.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

ghino

Oct 25, 2008
hi, i'm using this watch but i wuold like to have wifi ever on while after some minutes that screen goes down wifi goes down also.
There is some way to enable wifi always on ?

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 AM ----------

hi, i'm using this watch but i wuold like to have wifi ever on while after some minutes that screen goes down wifi goes down also.
There is some way to enable wifi always on ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Watch Droid Assistant

Some time ago I bought a smartwatch with Android and I was not satisfied with the applications that I found to handle it, for that reason believes:

Watch Droid Assistant - (Smartwatch version.)

Watch Droid Phone - (Phone version.)

Both use bluetooth directly to communicate.
    The applications are under test and may have errors, if so do not stop contacting me I will try to solve them as soon as possible.
    I clarify that the English is not my native language so I passed the application by a translator, for aids in the translation since already they are grateful.

Connect your Android watch to your phone so you can receive notifications of your selected applications, incoming call information, make a call, manage music playback, turn up or down volume, and more.

Notifications:

After giving permission to manage the notifications of the phone and select the applications you want to control you can respond the same from the watch.
    In the options of the application of the phone you will have the possibility to modify your predefined answers, to eliminate or to add.
    If the notification has the possibility of being answered the button will appear to be able to select one of your predetermined answers or the possibility of doing it by keyboard.

Call

When you enter a call to your phone the watch shows you the data of the call, with the possibility of rejecting it.
    After setting the fast call buttons, from the watch you can dial the number for a call from your phone in the following ways:
    * Select the configured contact.
    * Dial a number with a keyboard.
    * Select a watch contact and dial the number.

Music:

In the music option you can:
    * Open the default player on your phone.
    * Skip the theme, pause or play it.
    * Raise or lower the multimedia volume of the phone.
    GO HERE for all info etc: https://plus.google.com/communities/109827242607524552712

Before Asking Anything att all Watch / read / Learn This:
    http://youtube.com/smartwatchticks
    There is a lot of info on the channel.

Secondary: Before asking use the SEARCH function..
    Almost all questions are asked here already...

-- Will put summary here of all info--
    -- Contribution: Please send PM--

- Root:
    Flash TWRP and flash SuperSU Root.

- Alternative ROM : here

- Original Firmware: here

- Launcher: here with picture !

- Changing watch face : here

- For GPS issue (0/0 satellite) : here

- Internet over Bluetooth tethering (Android): Enable Bluetooth on watch. Connect Phone to Watch. Goto Bluetooth setting in smartwatch and tick the settings icon on connected device. Enable Internet over Bluetooth there. (check on your phone, it should be ticked there too automatically after setting your watch)

- MAC address fix (dynamic Wifi MAC (requires root)): here

- USB dock issue :
    - Open dock and check if all pins are nicely lined up. If not try to wiggle them or pull carefully out.. should work...
    - Or see here
    - Repair watch dock / spring return pins: Here

- Testing video : here

- Review of D5: here

- Different keyboards tested on D5: Here

- Uninstall apps that have admin previleges: Here

- Go to "Hidden" settings easy install Settings search: Here

- Apps for Smartwatches with Mt6572: Here

- Disconnecting battery after booting problems: Here with picture

- Threads of "the same" watches with different name but lot of usefull info and roms: Here
    I made keyboard for round display

And now work voice find from Google

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jbak2.JbakKeyboard#

Script upload later
    TWRP Recovery for K8 Mini and D5

Now that @Lokifish Marz has published this http://forum.xda-developers.com/sma...d5-k8-mini-t3313788/post65293239#post65293239
    for the D5, K8 Mini and X1 - here is the SP Tool flashable TWRP recovery image by @cyrux75 so all credit is to him for this. :good:

An incredible amount of time and work went into this and I think you will agree that the resulting touch format is fantastic - he has made something special here !!
    This recovery is suitable for D5, K8 Mini and X1 and possibly K9 - depending on screen resolution.
    Attached a pic of new format

The install is the same procedure as described in the K8 Round custom rom thread so refer to it if in doubt.
    Usual disclaimers apply - we are not responsible for anyone's issues here. Use this at your own risk !!
    1) Install MTK drivers required - there are many tutorials available for this so please ask me how to do this.
    2) Use the supplied scatter file and just select "download" and only tick the recovery image in the list within SP Tool.
    3) Make sure watch is powered off and then connect your watch to your pc and it will flash in a couple of seconds. Job done :)

I have also included a copy of MobileUncle.apk - useful for rebooting to recovery amongst other things.
    I strongly recommend that you use this in conjunction with the SP Tool flashable rom which Lokifish posted and I linked above - they were made for each other and would have been released together in an ideal world...[/QUOTE]
    I don't have the possibility to solder here, so I tried to let the battery discharge completely. But as I wrote in my last post I seem to have made it even worse by trying to flash the custom rom. Now the watch doesn't do anything, isn't recognised by the sp-flash tool and doesn't even show the battery status when connected to the charger. When connected to the pc I hear the connecting sound.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough before.

Once you have removed the back cover of the watch you will see a metal shield covering the pcb.

Carefully remove this taking note of how it presses back into place.

Under here you will find cables which are very tiny but actually have little plugs on them to allow removal without soldering anything.

You just need to determine which are the power cables and which are speaker - antenna etc etc..

I did this with the K8 and as long as you are extremely careful it should be ok.

It saved my watch several times when trying to get TWRP working in the early days.....