Newest Smart Watch / Android Watch to look out! No.1 D5!

Search This thread

FileFixer

Sep 30, 2007
XDA Developers
Hello all,

I just got myself an No1 D5, and I have a problem with a massive Battery drain.
If I charge the battery 100%, and only use Bluetooth + Tethering (GPS, WIFI disabled) the battery will be empty within the 4 hours.
However if i turn on Power savings , the battery will last with easy over one day.

So some kind of process is draining the battery, I really would like to know what is draining the battery, anyone who maybe give me some advise?
The phone has the latest firmware version 160928.

Any advise is highly appreciated.

Leave watch to power off itself then charge to 100% when is watch off. After then power on watch and see what happen.

Verbas

Jun 28, 2017
Conspire screen not working

My conspire screen stopped working when pointing the smartwatch to face, even turning the function on. I tried reset, but unsuccessfully.
Anyone with the same problem?

leonam72

Jun 10, 2015
W812A Kit Kat version

Hello everybody, i was reading about my -not too mutch- new smartwach and found this post, now, i have some questions about the one, is there available update to > 4.4 using some rom, and how can i use this to answer whatsapp notification seein that it isnt android wear version, or any way to convert it to android wear?

some screenshots:

19601172_1793840010632219_518112757923465027_n.jpg

19510376_1793840013965552_1511852044417489974_n.jpg

19553839_1793840017298885_5553731066891445601_n.jpg

19598995_1793840020632218_4215624029383778635_n.jpg

19511195_1793840067298880_4680452794866363655_n.jpg

19598846_1793840070632213_3616541778718666866_n.jpg

Lumatic

Aug 11, 2017
lumaticsoft.com
Watch Droid Assistant

Some time ago I bought a smartwatch with Android and I was not satisfied with the applications that I found to handle it, for that reason believes:

Watch Droid Assistant - (Smartwatch version.)

Watch Droid Phone - (Phone version.)

Both use bluetooth directly to communicate.
The applications are under test and may have errors, if so do not stop contacting me I will try to solve them as soon as possible.
I clarify that the English is not my native language so I passed the application by a translator, for aids in the translation since already they are grateful.

Connect your Android watch to your phone so you can receive notifications of your selected applications, incoming call information, make a call, manage music playback, turn up or down volume, and more.

Notifications:

After giving permission to manage the notifications of the phone and select the applications you want to control you can respond the same from the watch.
In the options of the application of the phone you will have the possibility to modify your predefined answers, to eliminate or to add.
If the notification has the possibility of being answered the button will appear to be able to select one of your predetermined answers or the possibility of doing it by keyboard.

Call

When you enter a call to your phone the watch shows you the data of the call, with the possibility of rejecting it.
After setting the fast call buttons, from the watch you can dial the number for a call from your phone in the following ways:
* Select the configured contact.
* Dial a number with a keyboard.
* Select a watch contact and dial the number.

Music:

In the music option you can:
* Open the default player on your phone.
* Skip the theme, pause or play it.
* Raise or lower the multimedia volume of the phone.

Lumatic

Aug 11, 2017
lumaticsoft.com
Hello all,

I just got myself an No1 D5, and I have a problem with a massive Battery drain.
If I charge the battery 100%, and only use Bluetooth + Tethering (GPS, WIFI disabled) the battery will be empty within the 4 hours.
However if i turn on Power savings , the battery will last with easy over one day.

So some kind of process is draining the battery, I really would like to know what is draining the battery, anyone who maybe give me some advise?
The phone has the latest firmware version 160928.

Any advise is highly appreciated.

Hello I had enough battery consumption when I activated the gesture on screen. It is disabled and the battery started to last more than 20 hours. Check what happens in your case.

Reactions: Cristallx

LJPENL

Some time ago I bought a smartwatch with Android and I was not satisfied with the applications that I found to handle it, for that reason believes:

The applications are under test and may have errors, if so do not stop contacting me I will try to solve them as soon as possible.
I clarify that the English is not my native language so I passed the application by a translator, for aids in the translation since already they are grateful.

Connect your Android watch to your phone so you can receive notifications of your selected applications, incoming call information, make a call, manage music playback, turn up or down volume, and more.

Notifications:

After giving permission to manage the notifications of the phone and select the applications you want to control you can respond the same from the watch.
In the options of the application of the phone you will have the possibility to modify your predefined answers, to eliminate or to add.
If the notification has the possibility of being answered the button will appear to be able to select one of your predetermined answers or the possibility of doing it by keyboard.

Call

When you enter a call to your phone the watch shows you the data of the call, with the possibility of rejecting it.
After setting the fast call buttons, from the watch you can dial the number for a call from your phone in the following ways:

Music:

Thank you for this version, it is working quite good, to say best up to now.
Found skip next pref with music doesn't work with selected player (Rocket player)
Would be nice :cool: if you could choose if watch screen light up on messages.
And if you could read to phone steps and hart rate would be great :cool:.

But for all it is my favourite companion app! :good::good:

I'm on Elephone P9000 and have Lemfo lem5 watch.

Regards

Bert

Reactions: Lumatic

Lumatic

Aug 11, 2017
lumaticsoft.com
Lumatic soft

Thank you for this version, it is working quite good, to say best up to now.
Found skip next pref with music doesn't work with selected player (Rocket player)
Would be nice :cool: if you could choose if watch screen light up on messages.
And if you could read to phone steps and hart rate would be great :cool:.

But for all it is my favourite companion app! :good::good:

I'm on Elephone P9000 and have Lemfo lem5 watch.

Regards

Bert

Thank you very much, it's my first application and it's a long way to finish as I really would like.
Of course I will take into account your suggestions for future versions.
At the moment you can only manage the Android music player by default, but I'm working to integrate it with other applications.

turronet

Sep 5, 2012
Thank you very much, it's my first application and it's a long way to finish as I really would like.
Of course I will take into account your suggestions for future versions.
At the moment you can only manage the Android music player by default, but I'm working to integrate it with other applications.

Thanks for your work, very helpful.
Which player is currently working? Could You kindly share the play store link?

da.trute

Jul 22, 2011
just picked up a D5+ one of these cheap for £30, the plan was to just use it as a smart watch, not an actual phone, leave the sim out. Is there any way to get this thing to properly sync with your phone to make calls, send texts etc without installing a sim and using it as a full phone, seems to me if all this thing can do without a SIM is display notifications this is a massive fault, even the £7 U8 smartwatch can take and make calls.

da.trute

Jul 22, 2011
think this thread is now dead but what the hell..... does anyone know how to disabled or at least turn down the annoying link loss notification, its doing my head in.

da.trute

Jul 22, 2011

Notifications:

Call

Music:

This is actually really good, if you disable the app that comes with the phone this app allows you to send text messages over blueooth if you are using the phone without a SIM, this adds some much needed functionality to this phone, i'd be happy to pay for this on the app store.

It would be pricesless if you could get bluetooth calling working, at present I can make a call but only have the conversation on my phone or reject and incoming call.

What are the changes of getting bluetooth calling working with this app do you think, are there other apps that allow bluetooth calling?

LJPENL

This is actually really good, if you disable the app that comes with the phone this app allows you to send text messages over blueooth if you are using the phone without a SIM, this adds some much needed functionality to this phone, i'd be happy to pay for this on the app store.

It would be pricesless if you could get bluetooth calling working, at present I can make a call but only have the conversation on my phone or reject and incoming call.

What are the changes of getting bluetooth calling working with this app do you think, are there other apps that allow bluetooth calling?

Look at this thread about this app.

https://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/other-smartwatches/watch-assistent-companion-t3658474

da.trute

Jul 22, 2011

i'm already using that, its already been posting here and ive commented on it too. Its the best available but its no proper tethering, you can send texts and dial but you cant actually phone anyone using bluetooth calling. Had a look into this, none of the china full android watches do proper tethering, its either full watch phone or limed usage, no idea why this is, i can pickup a U8 smart watch for £7 that does it.

very odd.

KilgoreT

Jan 10, 2017
Android Wear
i'm already using that, its already been posting here and ive commented on it too. Its the best available but its no proper tethering, you can send texts and dial but you cant actually phone anyone using bluetooth calling. Had a look into this, none of the china full android watches do proper tethering, its either full watch phone or limed usage, no idea why this is, i can pickup a U8 smart watch for £7 that does it.

very odd.

I don't know why all you guys buy it. It's like buying a car to swim across the river. I bought D5+ to have a separate phone. That's what it's meant to be and manuals state this as a matter of fact pretty clearly.

If you bought it because it looked nice (not very geeky) just try to leave your brick at home and enjoy the watch with basic connection to your family. It's a fun to walk and look at the world not your phone. And D5+ makes a decent phone.

da.trute

Jul 22, 2011
I don't know why all you guys buy it. It's like buying a car to swim across the river. I bought D5+ to have a separate phone. That's what it's meant to be and manuals state this as a matter of fact pretty clearly.

If you bought it because it looked nice (not very geeky) just try to leave your brick at home and enjoy the watch with basic connection to your family. It's a fun to walk and look at the world not your phone. And D5+ makes a decent phone.

i got it used for throwaway money, I wouldnt have bought it new, figured what the hell. Its actually ok, lack of bluetooth calling isnt the real problem, mine losing connection randomly and there is no way of turning off that stupid noise it makes that I can find.

I bought also bought a used gear s2 at the same time, the plan was to re sell the watch I wasnt going to keep.

Lumatic

Aug 11, 2017
lumaticsoft.com
Watch Droid

Hello thanks for the interest in Watch Droid, at the moment I am working on some graphical aspects to improve on certain devices, soon I am going to release a new version with the possibility to resize the texts, translations in Russian, Italian, Polish.
I only develop in my free time so the improvements are going to go little by little. I hope you can enjoy these soon.
Greetings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Watch Droid Assistant

Notifications:

Call

Music:

GO HERE for all info etc: https://plus.google.com/communities/109827242607524552712

Before Asking Anything att all Watch / read / Learn This:
    http://youtube.com/smartwatchticks
    There is a lot of info on the channel.

Secondary: Before asking use the SEARCH function..
    Almost all questions are asked here already...

-- Will put summary here of all info--
    -- Contribution: Please send PM--

- Root:
    Flash TWRP and flash SuperSU Root.

- Alternative ROM : here

- Original Firmware: here

- Launcher: here with picture !

- Changing watch face : here

- For GPS issue (0/0 satellite) : here

- Internet over Bluetooth tethering (Android): Enable Bluetooth on watch. Connect Phone to Watch. Goto Bluetooth setting in smartwatch and tick the settings icon on connected device. Enable Internet over Bluetooth there. (check on your phone, it should be ticked there too automatically after setting your watch)

- MAC address fix (dynamic Wifi MAC (requires root)): here

- USB dock issue :
    - Open dock and check if all pins are nicely lined up. If not try to wiggle them or pull carefully out.. should work...
    - Or see here
    - Repair watch dock / spring return pins: Here

- Testing video : here

- Review of D5: here

- Different keyboards tested on D5: Here

- Uninstall apps that have admin previleges: Here

- Go to "Hidden" settings easy install Settings search: Here

- Apps for Smartwatches with Mt6572: Here

- Disconnecting battery after booting problems: Here with picture

- Threads of "the same" watches with different name but lot of usefull info and roms: Here
    I made keyboard for round display

And now work voice find from Google

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jbak2.JbakKeyboard#

Script upload later
    TWRP Recovery for K8 Mini and D5

Now that @Lokifish Marz has published this http://xdaforums.com/smartwatch/oth...d5-k8-mini-t3313788/post65293239#post65293239
    for the D5, K8 Mini and X1 - here is the SP Tool flashable TWRP recovery image by @cyrux75 so all credit is to him for this. :good:

An incredible amount of time and work went into this and I think you will agree that the resulting touch format is fantastic - he has made something special here !!
    This recovery is suitable for D5, K8 Mini and X1 and possibly K9 - depending on screen resolution.
    Attached a pic of new format

The install is the same procedure as described in the K8 Round custom rom thread so refer to it if in doubt.
    Usual disclaimers apply - we are not responsible for anyone's issues here. Use this at your own risk !!
    1) Install MTK drivers required - there are many tutorials available for this so please ask me how to do this.
    2) Use the supplied scatter file and just select "download" and only tick the recovery image in the list within SP Tool.
    3) Make sure watch is powered off and then connect your watch to your pc and it will flash in a couple of seconds. Job done :)

I have also included a copy of MobileUncle.apk - useful for rebooting to recovery amongst other things.
    I strongly recommend that you use this in conjunction with the SP Tool flashable rom which Lokifish posted and I linked above - they were made for each other and would have been released together in an ideal world...[/QUOTE]
    I don't have the possibility to solder here, so I tried to let the battery discharge completely. But as I wrote in my last post I seem to have made it even worse by trying to flash the custom rom. Now the watch doesn't do anything, isn't recognised by the sp-flash tool and doesn't even show the battery status when connected to the charger. When connected to the pc I hear the connecting sound.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough before.

Once you have removed the back cover of the watch you will see a metal shield covering the pcb.

Carefully remove this taking note of how it presses back into place.

Under here you will find cables which are very tiny but actually have little plugs on them to allow removal without soldering anything.

You just need to determine which are the power cables and which are speaker - antenna etc etc..

I did this with the K8 and as long as you are extremely careful it should be ok.

It saved my watch several times when trying to get TWRP working in the early days.....