Newroot for Z1 & Z1C

Search This thread

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Hi, since somebody requested my newroot tool. here is it, enjoy! Tool will root your phone and install cwm recovery, busybox, su, superuser, allso you can unroot at least ;)

Disclaimer:
- Do in mind rooting will modify your android, so you modifyind your android on your own risk, I am not responsible if tool is not working on your device or if tool make your android malfunction, you doing everything on your own risk! ;)

Pre-requirements:
- You must have installed usb drivers! Just simple install Sony PC Companion, if your windows device manager detect unknown device than probably you must point drivers installation to search for propertly driver C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony PC Companion\Drivers directory. When your windows device manager detect your phone propertly than you are ready for rooting/unrooting

How to install (Windows users):
1: Download and extract newroot.rar
2: Enable USB Debugging
-You can do this by going into Settings>About Phone and tapping the Build Number multiple times to activate Developer Options
-Then Settings>Developer Options and check USB Debugging
3: Plug in your phone your PC
4: Run the root software [Pay close attention to your phone]
5: A pop-up will come up on your phone. Allow it
6: Let it do its thing
7: It will reboot and you're rooted
8: Enjoy

How to install (Linux users):
0. First of all you need adb for Linux, I not gona explain where you can download adb for Linux since you need to search XDA and found them byself, everybody know about adb and I not going to explain adb basic things, you need to help byself on that since adb you will need in future for sure ;)
1: Download newroot and put to the same folder with adb binary
-You can do this by going into Settings>About Phone and tapping the Build Number multiple times to activate Developer Options
4: Run the root software [Pay close attention to your phone] a pop-up will come up on your phone. Allow it! Commands for runing root software is:
Code:
adb push newroot /data/local/tmp/
adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/newroot
adb shell /data/local/tmp/newroot doit
Allso there is a option for unrooting:
Code:
adb shell /data/local/tmp/newroot unroot

Newroot work with all kitkat firmwares but doesn't work with latest kitkat *after 108) .133, .157... firmware or with old JB firmwares!!!
If your running later kernels from out of 108 and newer firmware that you can achieve root following these steps:
1. download the .108 firmware or kernel only
2. flash only the .108 kernel using flashtool
3. Use newroot
4. Reflash back your newer kernel using flashtool

Download (for Windows):
- https://mega.co.nz/#!tFxmUArC!xRCF25Olnq1g228z0jrweytZDHk6M2A7-_RMIN7Dsaw

Download (for Linux):
- http://d-h.st/tBB

Credits:
- geohot libexploit library

Attachments

• 2014-07-06_170259.png
    2014-07-06_170259.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 32,828
Last edited:

kaushal7007

Nov 30, 2013
Rajkot
plus.google.com

kurtfhouse

Nov 22, 2006
Bristol
Thanks to the OP for this, looks like a great solution.

Is there any particular firmware you have to be running for this to work? Or do you need to downgrade?

Cheers

Kurt

L

LeParkour012

Sorry if I'm rude but I think we need some info like what firmware version works with this root or any prerequisite should we have before rooting like bootloader being unlocked etc. Also a simple tutorial would be nice for newbies to avoid confusion. Ill test this out on the latest firmware [.108] on an unlocked bootloader and I will report if this is working.

Last edited:

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
Its booth for locked on unlocked bootloaders but for no already rooted devices (except rooted by our tool), its tested on last 3 android versions. There is 2 things, it can work or not work, you can try in jellybean and let me know (probaly not working). No more words here since tool is very easy and anybody know what to do with them :) Enjoy if you found them usefull and easy! Anybody can post detail installation here if allready used my aplication, I am lazy sory!

Last edited:

munjeni

Jun 2, 2011
No need unknown source since usb debuging is enought! Is not easy? I think very easy :) Did you tried my recovery after rooting, I just want to know how its working on z1, (you need to press volume button after blue led blink to enter into recovery)

Last edited:
Reactions: Aegethir
L

LeParkour012

It's really easy to root now. Just 1 click. CWM works too. Here's more proof that it works. Good work man

Attachments

• screenshoot01.27.50.jpg
    screenshoot01.27.50.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 1,608
  • Screenshot_2014-07-07-05-41-36.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-07-05-41-36.png
    226.8 KB · Views: 1,609
Last edited:
L

LeParkour012

Anybody can post detail installation here if allready used my aplication, I am lazy sory!

Here's the instructions:

Also show them my video :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, since somebody requested my newroot tool. here is it, enjoy! Tool will root your phone and install cwm recovery, busybox, su, superuser, allso you can unroot at least ;)

Disclaimer:
    - Do in mind rooting will modify your android, so you modifyind your android on your own risk, I am not responsible if tool is not working on your device or if tool make your android malfunction, you doing everything on your own risk! ;)

Pre-requirements:
    - You must have installed usb drivers! Just simple install Sony PC Companion, if your windows device manager detect unknown device than probably you must point drivers installation to search for propertly driver C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony PC Companion\Drivers directory. When your windows device manager detect your phone propertly than you are ready for rooting/unrooting

How to install (Windows users):

How to install (Linux users):
    0. First of all you need adb for Linux, I not gona explain where you can download adb for Linux since you need to search XDA and found them byself, everybody know about adb and I not going to explain adb basic things, you need to help byself on that since adb you will need in future for sure ;)
    1: Download newroot and put to the same folder with adb binary
    4: Run the root software [Pay close attention to your phone] a pop-up will come up on your phone. Allow it! Commands for runing root software is:
    Code:
    adb push newroot /data/local/tmp/
    adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tmp/newroot
    adb shell /data/local/tmp/newroot doit
    Allso there is a option for unrooting:
    Code:
    adb shell /data/local/tmp/newroot unroot

Newroot work with all kitkat firmwares but doesn't work with latest kitkat *after 108) .133, .157... firmware or with old JB firmwares!!!
    If your running later kernels from out of 108 and newer firmware that you can achieve root following these steps:
    1. download the .108 firmware or kernel only
    2. flash only the .108 kernel using flashtool
    3. Use newroot
    4. Reflash back your newer kernel using flashtool

Download (for Windows):
    - https://mega.co.nz/#!tFxmUArC!xRCF25Olnq1g228z0jrweytZDHk6M2A7-_RMIN7Dsaw

Download (for Linux):
    - http://d-h.st/tBB

Credits:

Download:
    - https://mega.co.nz/#!odBXkSgY!D0d8heDxgqpdALBh3tliHrwO8LuUyjlaX-7unCUgG_U

Credits:
    upload devhost link plz!
    Its booth for locked on unlocked bootloaders but for no already rooted devices (except rooted by our tool), its tested on last 3 android versions. There is 2 things, it can work or not work, you can try in jellybean and let me know (probaly not working). No more words here since tool is very easy and anybody know what to do with them :) Enjoy if you found them usefull and easy! Anybody can post detail installation here if allready used my aplication, I am lazy sory!
    Linux version and instructions is now on first post! ;)
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone