NEWS: Gpad 8.3 Lollipop updates rolling out soon!

Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Sorry, the menu button should have been gone long time ago.
Unfortunately everyone kept it for no reason. All apps designed correctly have the three dots/bars as standard. Why keep an outdated button?
For the apps that aren't designed modern. It's all about choice, anyway. Nothing wrong with having it available, whether it's enabled by default or not.

CM12.1’s configurable implementation works for me:

7b1adbd7ab53b967ce53a3eb57d3a5c9.jpg

Impromark

Nov 28, 2013
Calgary
Do you have a source on this? Granted we have two days left in April, so having it in May would almost be a given at this point. I haven't heard of anything BAD with the 8.3 rollout in the other countries, has anyone?

Mark

iconicpaul

Jul 9, 2011
Timisoara
no, i have no source
i am just speculating but on some other related information like one received by a user who has a G2 Mini and received a reply from LG stating that the update for that particular phone will come in July although previous LG plans were for April also
based on the current silence from the other tablet models, the 7, 8 and 10, no update so far there....i am speculating that most likely the previous LG plans were modified

satamateur

Nov 3, 2009
Tuzla
no, i have no source
i am just speculating but on some other related information like one received by a user who has a G2 Mini and received a reply from LG stating that the update for that particular phone will come in July although previous LG plans were for April also
based on the current silence from the other tablet models, the 7, 8 and 10, no update so far there....i am speculating that most likely the previous LG plans were modified
G2 mini is not flagship device

Impromark

Nov 28, 2013
Calgary
I would agree that tablet updates are lower on the LG totem pole than their phones - especially with their G4 announced this week, most of their resources would be applied there over a bunch of relatively low-rent products like our beloved G-Pads.

At least we know they ARE getting this update. Patience is key after all. Anyone remember the length of time between the announcement that our G-Pads would be getting KitKat, and when it finally did?

Mark

DeanGibson

Apr 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
This is not Windows

Sorry, the menu button should have been gone long time ago.
Unfortunately everyone kept it for no reason. All apps designed correctly have the three dots/bars as standard. Why keep an outdated button?
Because there are lots of current apps that do not have the three dots.

This is not Windows, where I have to update all my apps because some bright-eyed developer changed the UI. Especially since the new UIs are not better in the opinion of many. Including the STUPID "floating buttons".

Brunoams

Jan 4, 2012
That's fine that not everyone agrees. I also like the cm's why of handeling this, you may or may not have the menu button and most of the apps adapt its interface to the buttons' existence. If LG gives the option of changing the buttons layout and so on, they could simply give both options of having menu and recents button.

What is strange right now is being May and we're still waiting for the official update...

iconicpaul

Jul 9, 2011
Timisoara
interesting that its now more than 30 days since the Korean rom has been released and since then, total silence on other regions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'll just leave this here: http://www.phonearena.com/news/LG-s...ollipop-updates-for-its-G-Pad-tablets_id67532

Looking at the google-translated source, 8.3 Lollipop update is slated for mid-April in Korea, and hopefully soon after the rest of the world. [emoji106]
    OK, I didn't know that the USA V500 tablets didn't have the update (because a lot of posters are not specific), but still, it's tiring to repeatedly visit the thread and see nothing but complaints (or, in some cases threats) about the lack of an update.

I'm not for eliminating the discussion, just re-titling it. Like "Some of us still don't have Lollipop". As it is, the thread title implies that it includes post-Lollipop updates, which it doesn't (they're fortunately in a different thread).
    I'm happy that your vk810 is already updated to lollipop.

But this Verizon version is just a small percent of the 3 (or more) 8.3 flavours.

Most of them are v500 (from which google derives its v510) sold all around the world.

XDA is not an US specific forum.

Please remember that there is an entire world just outside your door.

Maybe, since your already got lollipop, you can simply unsubscribe this thread and let us crying.

Inviato dal mio LG-V500 utilizzando Tapatalk
    V30a OTA is out for Korea : https://twitter.com/lg_firmware/status/585709480098299904

new firmware! LGV500 (KOREA, CKDX), version V50020D_00 -> V50030A_00, download : http://t.co/EOAoM0CWkx
    is this version flashable with LG Flash Tool 2014?

yes it is
    just select cse flash
    i did now and the pad is on korean
    i will post some screens when it finally boots
    @up
    How did You change to accuweather? Tried to look for it in build.prop as You told, but have found nothing...

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Free mobile app

EDIT: Resolved, if anyone has problem just change in build.prop somethingsomething.target_country value from KR to your country code (i used PL and now have accuweather ;))