[NEWS] Mi A3 Android 10 [Re-released](4th Time) (With Analysis and Discussion)

Search This thread

sensig

Feb 8, 2019
Yes then saying mid Feb is them refering the time that we get our monthly updates each month which is between 15th and 20th

Let's all be patient. It will definitely be release mid of February. Hey, they didn't say what year right? February 2021 is still too far so technically they have a full year to build the update.

RikLIjkendijk

Apr 14, 2010
Life on hold?

Mi A3's life is on hold until Android 10! Xiaomi should have just launched the device with Android 10, atleast it would have attracted the customers who ran away bcos 720p.

Funny enough, i am seeing some other companies launch midrangers with 720p!

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Mi A3's life is on hold until Android 10! Xiaomi should have just launched the device with Android 10, atleast it would have attracted the customers who ran away bcos 720p.

Funny enough, i am seeing some other companies launch midrangers with 720p!

If your life is on hold because of an android update coming late...........
Maybe you don't have a life anyway....

frandmnc

Dec 12, 2018
Why this topic is soo huge.., what will u guys do after update, same stuff as u do on ur phone now and nothing will change after update more or less the ui will be same with just some extra tweaks very miner
I'm doing the same things now as I did with Android 5, what's your point?

solimanhossain

Apr 15, 2019
after watching some people behavior.. they are too much hardcore fan of MI A series that if mi downgrade them Android 9 to 8, they will take it very positively and will say that mi done it for a good reason and now app works fine than before. We are very happy for it.. LOL

Q4fulhO

Last edited:

czar1212

Sep 18, 2017
Ahmedabad
Why this topic is soo huge.., what will u guys do after update, same stuff as u do on ur phone now and nothing will change after update more or less the ui will be same with just some extra tweaks very miner

Getting faster Android updates and security patches was a point for a lot of people who bought this phone. But Xiaomi is not releasing timely updates which is the reason so many people are furious and if they can release so many products and new mobile devices the can sure as hell provide a nearly stock ROM for its android one series

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

The point is that everyone is making this a bigger problem than it really is. There isn't much of a difference between Android 10 and 9, and the update won't be released quicker by spamming in every mi a3 forum you find

Agreed that it won't make the update faster but we are just criticizing the company over its failures and I think it's justified. There are quite a lot of features that are expected from android 10 update which are not in 9 :
- AOD
- Dark mode
- More Gestures (Xiaomi has only given a couple of gestures in mi a3 while there are many gestures available for stock android)
- Enhanced privacy settings
- Android 10 also allows new file types for images (.heic)
Also, we want the February security patch before the google devs release march patch

And getting faster updates was a selling factor for the phone and they haven't kept their end of the promise. Not everyone is as patient as you.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Global Rollout:
    Android 10 was rolled out on 29th Feb as 11.0.7.0 with Feb security patch but pulled back due to Fingerprint issues, among others.

Later it is rolled out again as 11.0.8.0 on 18th March with March Patch fixing the fingerprint bug among other optimizations. But yet again pulled back.

Then there was a march update based on pie.

On April 7th a stable build of Android 10 with April patch as 11.0.11.0 rolled out, weighing at around 1.33GB. But yet again pulled back.

On April 24th a stable build of Android 10 with April patch as 11.0.14.0 rolled out, weighing at around 32MB for users already on the previous A10 while 1GB+ for pie users. With this update, fingerprint seems to be working well and EIS while video recording is back. The rollout is staged and is publically disclosed. The availability of builds is as follows:
    1. As on 26th April, 1% availability excluding India.
    2. As on 27th April, 5% availability excluding India, will be made 10% availability excluding India.
    3. As on 30th April, 30% availability excluding India.

EEA Rollout:
    As on May 5th, EU handsets are receiving Android 10 as v11.0.1.0 with April patch.

Share ur experience with Android 10 and the rollout and if u face any bugs or issues post it on bugs and issues thread

Hit the Thanks button if this was what you were looking for
    I think that people complaining about Xiaomi A3's costumers –us–being disappointed because our phone isn't updating to Android 10 on time are not aware of the real trouble this suppose.

We understand that an update can be delayed due to various problems, but I think we have PAID for this phone with Android One and that means regular and quick updates before any MIUI phone, for example. And in relation to this, the cheap price of this phone is not an excuse for Xiaomi to disregard our phone, neither a valid argument for all of you to support the company on its delaying.

Nevertheless, now this is more than a matter of a simple delaying of the updates. Xiaomi has been playing with us and that's not okay. When they were asked about the update, they always said a date and when that date arrived, the update never came. For me, that's not serious for a big company like Xiaomi. If there are problems involving the Android Q update it's okay, take your time, but what is the point of lying to us?

It's clear that the update is around the corner. Maybe it will come early next month but for me, I feel disappointed and cheated as a Xiaomi's costumer, and the update won't fix that.

That's my point of view.
    This thread is hilarious.

Getting faster Android updates and security patches was a point for a lot of people who bought this phone. But Xiaomi is not releasing timely updates which is the reason so many people are furious and if they can release so many products and new mobile devices the can sure as hell provide a nearly stock ROM for its android one series

---------- Post added at 06:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 AM ----------

The point is that everyone is making this a bigger problem than it really is. There isn't much of a difference between Android 10 and 9, and the update won't be released quicker by spamming in every mi a3 forum you find

Agreed that it won't make the update faster but we are just criticizing the company over its failures and I think it's justified. There are quite a lot of features that are expected from android 10 update which are not in 9 :
    - AOD
    - Dark mode
    - More Gestures (Xiaomi has only given a couple of gestures in mi a3 while there are many gestures available for stock android)
    - Enhanced privacy settings
    - Android 10 also allows new file types for images (.heic)
    Also, we want the February security patch before the google devs release march patch

And getting faster updates was a selling factor for the phone and they haven't kept their end of the promise. Not everyone is as patient as you.
    February Mid is gone, i don't think we will receive update in this month. Mostly they 'll push in March [just a guess]
    Technically speaking, it's still middle of the month. This term doesn't mean 15th day of the month, but rather about 2 weeks in, well, middle of the month. :) So they still have around 7 days, then we'll be "at the end of the month".

Any conclusions about late update or abandoning (like seriously, what?) are too early.