[News] Paranoid Android is back.

Search This thread

hawkstwelve

Jun 13, 2013
Seattle
Very happy to see PA back in action - was always a favorite of mine back in the day. Flashed the 6/6 build on my shamu and have had zero issues so far. Flashed build, flashed Banks newest Gapps, flashed Blackbird kernel and reboot. It did sit on 'patching system unconditionally' for a second but eventually went through. Like others have mentioned, fairly bare-bones at the moment besides CMTE but it's the first build in a long while so I'm not worried. I'm sure they will get this baby back up and running with all the features we came to love from PA!

fguerra024

Aug 2, 2012
Toronto
I'm having issues with cmte. I flashed a theme that changed the icon pack and now I cannot change the icons again. The same ones keep sticking no matter how many times I try to change the icon pack.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ilatimer1

Jan 29, 2014
I am running the 6/17 build of PA on my Nexus 6 and I used the Stock Opengapps without issue. Most of the problem is that people who flash Opengapps with the Google dialer (I believe full and up have the dialer) didn't go into settings and set the Google dialer at default. If you do not do this the phone will reboot if you make or receive a call.

ixnfs

Jan 31, 2013
I am running the 6/17 build of PA on my Nexus 6 and I used the Stock Opengapps without issue. Most of the problem is that people who flash Opengapps with the Google dialer (I believe full and up have the dialer) didn't go into settings and set the Google dialer at default. If you do not do this the phone will reboot if you make or receive a call.
can i flash open gapps on top of banks gapps? or a fresh rom flash is required?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original source: https://plus.google.com/+ParanoidAndroidCorner/posts/WcCp3J7Vj1A

Paranoid Android 2016 Launch

We are launching brand spanking fresh. All new features. New team members. New everything and we have made sure that everything that we are releasing has been polished to our best.

The main features and enhancements that you will probably end up noticing are our custom Quick Settings tile reordering functionality, floating window support, immersive mode, the new on-the-spot interface and CM Theme Engine.

Quick Settings tiles can be managed with ease - you can reorder the tiles by simply long pressing them, remove them by dropping them in the trash bin and add them back in from the add panel. The hidden tiles will be out of your way when checking the notifications but will still be usable from the add panel without any hassles if you want to do that all of a sudden.

You can make an application float either by long pressing a notification and tapping the floating button or by tapping the floating button for the application in the recents list. Additionally, you can make peeking (heads-up) notifications open floating windows by enabling that behavior in the "Floating peek" tile.

Those are not the only changes and features we have added. There are a variety of improvements to CAF devices (OnePlus, OPPO and others) which add custom kernels, advanced gesture and buttons control and more to provide a great experience on those devices. Of course we have spent a lot of attention on making all the visual details look right and on making all the functionality work right.

Over the months we have gained a bunch of new team members. We are now ready for all varieties of work - be it low level, aesthetics, user experience, motion design, testing or anything in-between. What we strive for is the best and we are stronger than ever to reach that.

On Paranoid Android 2016 launch we are supporting popular Nexus devices (6P, 5X, 6, 5, 4, 7 2013, 9) and the OnePlus family (One, 2, X) along with some Sony devices. The lineup is this way to make sure we release the best possible experience on all the devices we release for. No compromises, pure greatness.

We highly recommend everyone to use OpenGapps full version (do not use stock). Nexus 6P users need to make sure their vendor partitions are up-to-date (6.0.1). Our Nexus 5X builds come with a prebuilt vendor image so no worries for you folks!

There is more to come in #aospa2016 but for now, grab your builds at http://get.aospa.co/ and #stayparanoid!
    best rom for nexus devices, i used this rom from nexus 4, nexus 5, now it avalible for my nexus 6, so nice
    Very happy to see PA back in action - was always a favorite of mine back in the day. Flashed the 6/6 build on my shamu and have had zero issues so far. Flashed build, flashed Banks newest Gapps, flashed Blackbird kernel and reboot. It did sit on 'patching system unconditionally' for a second but eventually went through. Like others have mentioned, fairly bare-bones at the moment besides CMTE but it's the first build in a long while so I'm not worried. I'm sure they will get this baby back up and running with all the features we came to love from PA!
    ok, a simple question.. so what?

Seems to be a popular ROM and people are excited to see it back in action. That's what.
    ok, a simple question.. so what?