[NEWS] Required firmware for custom roms

Search This thread

sunnyraj84348

Recognized Developer
Nov 11, 2016
Purnia
Hello everyone,

We all know that Redmi 5A(riva) officially shifted with Android Nougat and it got good development with various custom roms. Later riva got Android Oreo update and users who were flashing custom rom at the top of oreo firmware was facing bootloop or several issues if it boots.

To prevent such issues, i enforced Nougat Firmware V10.1.1.0.NCKMIFI and it will be necessary to flash that firmware before flashing the rom (once only) else it will show error. Currently, Lineage OS 16.0 comes with enforced firmware and upcoming rom will have that too!

Note : Users who are on MIUI Oreo and if they want to rollback to nougat firmware for flashing custom rom, they are required to flash nougat fastboot rom or follow this post .

Related Download Links
Fastboot Rom: V10.1.1.0.NCKMIFI
Rollback without using MI Flash Tool: Post
Firmware: V10.1.1.0.NCKMIFI

Last edited:
Reactions: elemefaaoo

Balkan99

May 7, 2015
Can I use this method on Xiaomi.Eu Miui 11?

I got Xiaomi.Eu version and twrp oreo right now
Can I flash this fw and recovery over it and then flash custom rom?

Danisp

Mar 14, 2018
Semarang
Hello everyone,

We all know that Redmi 5A(riva) officially shifted with Android Nougat and it got good development with various custom roms. Later riva got Android Oreo update and users who were flashing custom rom at the top of oreo firmware was facing bootloop or several issues if it boots.

To prevent such issues, i enforced Nougat Firmware V10.1.1.0.NCKMIFI and it will be necessary to flash that firmware before flashing the rom (once only) else it will show error. Currently, Lineage OS 16.0 comes with enforced firmware and upcoming rom will have that too!

Note : Users who are on MIUI Oreo and if they want to rollback to nougat firmware for flashing custom rom, they are required to flash nougat fastboot rom or follow this post .

Related Download Links
how to upgrade again to oreo? i have flashed miui global firmware via recovery, after boot into setup, device is reboot back to recovery mode. do i need to flash with miflash?

sunnyraj84348

Recognized Developer
Nov 11, 2016
Purnia
how to upgrade again to oreo? i have flashed miui global firmware via recovery, after boot into setup, device is reboot back to recovery mode. do i need to flash with miflash?

Just flashing nougat fw from recovery won't work, flash is from miflash tool or follow the post and if you want to upgrade it to oreo fw then you can directly flash from recovery or flash from miflash tool.

Danisp

Mar 14, 2018
Semarang
Just flashing nougat fw from recovery won't work, flash is from miflash tool or follow the post and if you want to upgrade it to oreo fw then you can directly flash from recovery or flash from miflash tool.
am already on nougat firmware, now i'm use your los-17.1, and i want to be back to miui oreo, i have installed oreo firmware and oreo recovery, but when i flash the miui global oreo, it stuck on setup and boot back to recovery.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

Related Download Links
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone