Nexus 4 has LTE chip?

Search This thread

Jan 12, 2010
i read that a chip maker was going to implement LTE radio into one chip. also, tmobile's LTE deployment will be a newer version than what verizon has, so ive read. i think it makes use of some sort of all-in-one chip. not too sure on that...

Anubis007

Jun 15, 2012
i remember reading somewhere that the Verizon's HTC DNA worked with T-Mobile. i think this might confirm the S4 pro's built in LTE may be.

James.UBC

Feb 12, 2012
i read that a chip maker was going to implement LTE radio into one chip. also, tmobile's LTE deployment will be a newer version than what verizon has, so ive read. i think it makes use of some sort of all-in-one chip. not too sure on that...

Yup! Tegra/Qualcomm/Intel are all working on it!

Thoughtful

Oct 3, 2010
So, my main question is. How will we be able to use the chip if at all? Also why would Google have the chip in there and not use it?

abissel22

Aug 1, 2012
Lakeville, MA
He's right. It says it has Qualcomm LET chip. Maybe the newer Qualcomm processors have the radio implemented. Let's keep our fingers crossed

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

pack21

Dec 14, 2009
And also has a ANX7808 SlimPort® transmitter?

And also has a ANX7808 SlimPort® transmitter (HDMI output converter) ?

The ANX7808 is an ultra low power SlimPort® transmitter designed for portable devices such as Tablets, Smartphones, Media players, Camcorders, and Digital Still Cameras. As a member of the SlimPort family of products the ANX7808 works in conjunction with SlimPort receivers, such as the ANX7730 and ANX9832. The ANX7808 transforms the HDMI output of the mobile device’s application processor to SlimPort. External adapters can then convert SlimPort to VGA, DisplayPort, or back to HDMI so that the device can connect to any high definition TV, monitor or projector. The same connector on the device can be used for USB when a SlimPort receiver is not connected.

what that mean?

Jan 12, 2010
Yup! Tegra/Qualcomm/Intel are all working on it!

if this really is a LTE chip that can work, google just future proofed their phone, without telling people. i bet if they were to announce it, there would be a huge fuss by the carriers, and google would be in a bad position

greenie25

Feb 28, 2012
Ipswich
Future support for lte looks probable then.
But only if carriers across the world can sort out the damn mess that's become of lte

Tomdarkness

May 15, 2011
I can't figure out why they would put the chip on there and not list it as a feature. It would nullify one complaint by most reviewers and make the phone even more desirable.

Reactions: VanVlack

Jan 12, 2010
however, this LTE chip needs to work with the carrier's bands, looking at AT&T and T-Mobile here, since the N4 is a GSM phone. hopefully LTE will work in the N4

nicduim

Oct 2, 2009
Bethesda, MD
What! Does this mean it might be possible to use in the future on carriers like Verizon? I sure hope so

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    According to iFixit, the Nexus 4 has a Qualcomm WTR1605L seven-band 4G LTE chip!

what!?!?!

http://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Nexus+4+Teardown/11781/2

Band 4 LTE confirmed!!!
    Carriers can choose, depending on chip port
    availability and their respective roaming agreements, to offer devices that combine a wide array
    of 4G band combinations—including any of the following:
    • 700 MHz 3GPP bands (Band Classes 12, 13, 14, 17);
    • 850 MHz cellular band (Band Class 5);
    • Original PCS band (Band Class 2);
    • PCS Block G (Band Class 25);
    • AWS-1 band (Band Class 4);
    • Potential AWS-4 band (Band Class 23);
    • Original 800 MHz iDEN band (Band Class 26); and
    • BRS band (Band Class 41).

That's what it say about the chip's bands in the FCC documentation. Found here: http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7021921420
    OMG ! Unbelievable :D
    But curious why they've disabled it ! Hope Google comes out with an official statement fast !
    Btw hurry geeks now is your chance to ride new heights of fame - the one who manages to get this unlocked and working (if that's possible) will be featured in most tech blogs and magazines out there like - 'XXX from xda unearths disabled LTE in Nexus 4' ! :eek:

I will donate $100 to the first guy who does.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    All right lets see if I can work through this. I've been reading a lot of FCC documentation and going through some specs of the different chips.

The Qualcomm WTR1605L is a 7 band RF chip supporting three below 1 GHz, three higher bands, and one very high band. So this includes pretty much all bands currently used including the new LTE bands.

The Avago ACPM-7251 is indeed a power amplifier. Supporting Quad Band GSM/EDGE (GSM850/900, DCS1800/PCS1900) and UMTS Dual-Band (Band1 – UMTS & LTE and Band5 UMTS & LTE)

Notice it said LTE a few times in there.

There's some other crap I'm still looking through but the major point I'm getting at is that it looks like that chip isn't just sitting there doing nothing. The FCC doc ( http://apps.fcc.gov/ecfs/document/view?id=7021921420 ) Seems to suggest that the chipset that includes this WTR1605L is a new format they are using to try and futureproof phones from some possible "carrier aggregation" (I'm trying to wrap my head around all this so give me some slack here)
    This just in!
    Nexus 4 has a hidden SD card slot!!