Nexus 5 deleted data partition

Search This thread

KevinKraze

Apr 17, 2021
Huawei Nexus 6P
Hi there,

So I wanted to resize the system partition so I could install GApps. I accidentally deleted the data partition somehow (deleted not corrupted). I can go into bootloader and recovery, my bootloader is unlocked so I can flash any recovery I need to but I can't boot Android. Any ways to redo the partition table or manually add the userdata partition?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I was able to fix the partition by creating a partition called "userdata" with parted, but now my phone is constantly rebooting and it cant be the power button because when powered off or in bootloader, it doesnt automatically turn on. Any help?

Last edited:

Lughnasadh

Mar 23, 2015
Google Nexus 5
Huawei Nexus 6P
Hi there,

So I wanted to resize the system partition so I could install GApps. I accidentally deleted the data partition somehow (deleted not corrupted). I can go into bootloader and recovery, my bootloader is unlocked so I can flash any recovery I need to but I can't boot Android. Any ways to redo the partition table or manually add the userdata partition?

Thanks in advance.
I would start fresh and flash the last factory image using fastboot

Then follow this guide for repartitioning... https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/recovery-unofficial-twrp-hh-for-nexus-5-hammerhead.4047653/

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone