Nexus 5 screen yellow tint

xxjrsmith3xx

Aug 15, 2011
Corona
So i just got the nexus 5 love the phone but i compared it to the iphone 5s the and whites look white and on the nexus looks a bit yellow ish, now a while ago i read something someone also had this but downloaded a app and they fixed the problem can anyone help me out? Thank you!

Tenhi

Jun 3, 2010
Left - N5 16 GB white, ordered more than a month ago
Right - N5 16 GB black arrived few days ago.

Photo is taken with N7, and unfortunately the difference is not that visible as IRL, but I hope that it is still visible.

(Both phones were set to 100% brightness)

Strange part is that yellow tint is not visible when I tilt my phone away from my eyes and when watching it from CCA 45 degrees angle.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

compact70

Sep 29, 2013
When i first received my nexus 5 (2 weeks ago) it didn't look all that yellow maybe a tiny bit. i compared it to my nexus 7(2012) and found it a bit too yellow for my liking.
After 2 weeks of usage the yellow looks completely gone to me. i compared again and saw that the nexus 7 was a bit reddish looking.
I saw on some forums that because the glue beneath the screen wasn't dried yet that caused it to be yellow. But now it looks great!

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
I consider it a hardware defect but its also a panel lottery, how yellow your device is compared to the "warm" and "normal" colors on the N5 is anyone elses guess. Mine was pretty yellow but the phantom kernel based on franco's fixed it right up for me though its a little bit blue now but it is significantly better than a yellow tinted screen.

bagou01

Dec 17, 2008
hi is this from your experience from owning the device ?...so if it goes away would it be due to the glue or something?
same question here, bought it yesterday, and yellow as hell compared to my N7... what do you base on when saying it will disappear?

thanks

Dragn4rce

Jun 29, 2012
Anaheim
Yeah mine was yellow compared to the my mom's and brother's moto x. But my whites are better then their whites.

This is why reviews usually suck. They test for several hours and review. No not good enough.

MKBHD did his right (sort of). He did a first impression and didn't like it 100%. Turns out, after a while he realizes it is like a shoe, gotta break her in till it's comfortable.

Patience is key.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

bagou01

Dec 17, 2008
Yeah mine was yellow compared to the my mom's and brother's moto x. But my whites are better then their whites.

This is why reviews usually suck. They test for several hours and review. No not good enough.

MKBHD did his right (sort of). He did a first impression and didn't like it 100%. Turns out, after a while he realizes it is like a shoe, gotta break her in till it's comfortable.

Patience is key.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
well, sorry but after MKBHD, i didn't get what you are saying :p