• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Nexus 5 : Should I buy it right now or not ?

Search This thread

ABSathe

Aug 4, 2016
Pune
Hello people
I have a nexus 5X which I bought before few months and I've tried custom Roms on it. Recently I had many issues in my n5x(fingerprint sensor not working properly and I was unable to setup a secure lock .. screen would simply freeze on selecting secure lock). I even tried restoring it to factory image and get a replacement . But replacement piece was also faulty . So basically I'm screwed up at the moment . And I'm looking for a new phone . I don't want to leave the Nexus line but don't have much money as I used most of my money for buying Nexus 5X . Is Nexus 5 a better option for me ? Should I consider buying it at now ? (I don't really care about fingerprint sensor and sd808 of n5x)
I would like to flash custom Roms on my Nexus 5(if I buy it) Will it have same issues as Nexus 5x ? Or Nexus 5 is good replacement for Nexus 5x ? I'm really screwed up at the moment and want to change my device asap )

PS- I don't want to change device for 2-3 years after I get new one and I want custom rom support for those years :silly:
Please if someone could suggest a solution .. it will be great

Thanks

Last edited:

mnsiw

Oct 2, 2009
Don't know much about other Nexus or Pixel device but I have Nexus 5 and it's wonderful device expect power button, it's know issue, low battery life is an other problem but I think it's same on many other Android devices, it last for day on average to moderate usage, better go for Nexus 6P :)

[email protected]

Mar 10, 2016
Hello people
I have a nexus 5X which I bought before few months and I've tried custom Roms on it. Recently I had many issues in my n5x(fingerprint sensor not working properly and I was unable to setup a secure lock .. screen would simply freeze on selecting secure lock). I even tried restoring it to factory image and get a replacement . But replacement piece was also faulty . So basically I'm screwed up at the moment . And I'm looking for a new phone . I don't want to leave the Nexus line but don't have much money as I used most of my money for buying Nexus 5X . Is Nexus 5 a better option for me ? Should I consider buying it at now ? (I don't really care about fingerprint sensor and sd808 of n5x)
I would like to flash custom Roms on my Nexus 5(if I buy it) Will it have same issues as Nexus 5x ? Or Nexus 5 is good replacement for Nexus 5x ? I'm really screwed up at the moment and want to change my device asap )

PS- I don't want to change device for 2-3 years after I get new one and I want custom rom support for those years :silly:

Thanks
I would suggest you to go with one plus 2/3 as necus 5 is quite old and it would give you some problems definitely after aging.
I dont think it would work for another 2-3 years.

Reactions: ABSathe

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello people

Thanks
    I would suggest you to go with one plus 2/3 as necus 5 is quite old and it would give you some problems definitely after aging.
    I dont think it would work for another 2-3 years.