Nexus 5 Singapore Thread

Search This thread

tangosierra_

Jul 1, 2012
Singapore
www.sgtrains.com
A place for us s'poreans to talk about the upcoming N5. I for one can't wait, mainly because my arc motherboard is damaged and I need a phone that I can actually use..

Not gonna use 4g either .. I refuse to get my data allowance cut by like 85%. Completely ridiculous. Probably ordering from Canada Japan or Germany, hopefully Canada, if the 3G service will work here ...

Of course waiting for dunno how long after it finally comes to SG at like $650 would not be an option. I'm a student... I not so much money de

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda app-developers app

aa10

Aug 2, 2013
A place for us s'poreans to talk about the upcoming N5. I for one can't wait, mainly because my arc motherboard is damaged and I need a phone that I can actually use..

Not gonna use 4g either .. I refuse to get my data allowance cut by like 85%. Completely ridiculous. Probably ordering from Canada Japan or Germany, hopefully Canada, if the 3G service will work here ...

Of course waiting for dunno how long after it finally comes to SG at like $650 would not be an option. I'm a student... I not so much money de

same case with me. Been waiting for this for a long time...

Can anyone confirm whether 3G will work properly here if I order it form Canada?

auggie246

Jan 25, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
The 3G would obviously work in Singapore....

Beamed from my Grouper

says who? 3G is universal

You get from canada also same. Japan, Australia your best bet

I posted this in HWZ Nexus 5 thread.

Australia also can, band 3/7 also

but how to ship from all this country to singapore.

my google result for Japan/

JAPAN - http://www.tenso.com/en/ or vPost

Korea - http://minarinshop.com/ or http://collectkorea.com/services/package-forwarding-service

Australia - http://www.sosmail.com.au/

But i nvr use any of this before since comgateway for US is the way to go all along

BTW!!!!!
Nexus 5 spotted in Taiwan and Malaysia. There might be hope for all international release?

http://www.androidauthority.com/nex...-ad-more-sightings-last-minute-rumors-312754/

Last edited:

ranadylt

Oct 8, 2013
BTW!!!!!
Nexus 5 spotted in Taiwan and Malaysia. There might be hope for all international release?

http://www.androidauthority.com/nex...-ad-more-sightings-last-minute-rumors-312754/

I posted this awhile back on the Nexus 5 leaked thread.

Or better yet: here's to hoping that Google is waiting until shipment to major countries are all done so it will be a global release and not just a "US only" for the first few months, followed by some other country, so on so forth :fingers-crossed:

After looking at that link above I just realized one of the leaked pictures was actually from Malaysia.

Now I wonder if it'll be released in my country (Indonesia) as well. I may be hoping but I'm not hoping much at all. Indonesia is like one of the least "Google-cared" country. We get new devices so late it's not even new anymore.

Then again it might be our retail shops / carriers that just went full retard and think "Meh, who the hell buys Nexus in this country anyway? Why should we rush to get this phone in?"

Damn it :(

I might get one from Singapore if it was released there, though. Should there be any problems warranty is much easier to process (I fly back and forth every few months).

Last edited:

Jeremy

Jun 26, 2011
I asked singtel on their fb page. Their response:

Dear Jeremy, thank you for your interest. Do keep a look-out! Please be assured that we will keep you informed once we have an update. Thanks

"do keep a look out" sounds rather promising, but I'm only cautiously optimistic

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tangosierra_

Jul 1, 2012
Singapore
www.sgtrains.com
It sounds like a rather generic response to me...

But I'm not gonna buy w contract though. Seems like I'm the only one amongst my friends w 12gb data cap.. And I'm not gonna give that away. Starhub 3g is fast enough

If its released in Malaysia then all the more better. Just a drive/ride across 2nd link or causeway :D

Last edited:

neek

Nov 24, 2006
yeah I'm probably not gonna sign any more plans since I wanna keep my 12GB quota + LTE plan ;)

also looking to upgrade from gnex

Garell

Dec 8, 2012
Forwarding service from Australia

the only thing I need now is a forwarding service from Australia. Anyone knows any forwarding agent there?

EcPercy

Jan 4, 2011
THIS!!!!! Until providers here start to offer 12gb datacap, I will not sign any new contract.

I am also in SG. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a 12GB contract on LTE. Singapore telcoms just followed suit with the USA and went for the massive cash grab known as metered billing.

I think that it's wrong to go from 12GB to 2GB of data while keeping the price the same. The price per month should have been lowered according to the data offered.

You have to admit though we are still paying a lot less than people in the USA. (http://www.androidcentral.com/us-mobile-data-prices-among-most-expensive-world)

My plan:
120 (outgoing mins)
600 SMS
2GB data
$39SGD (31.40 USD) per month

I have a friend that lives in the UK. I will be getting him to order me a white 32GB so that I can take advantage of LTE. :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Eh where's the best place to buy nexus 5 in SG ah? I know open surface has it and some guys on hwz where you guys bought yours and how much? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Adix82, Burlington Sq... cheap n good

Sent from my Hammerhead ! Build KOT49H.

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

Finally they take in bumper for the Nexus 5, gonna check it out today...

yes. its d821. but i dont have 4g network and 3g connection very slow leh.

im using cata + elementalX, shouldn't be wrong configuration with the rom ba?

Best is flash to stock and try the LTE n 3G again... if good then is custom ROM prob, if still the same then most prolly must RMA already, might be radio hardware problem...

Let me give some support to Singapore thread . I am nexus phone supporter, own nexus 1....nexus 5,all nexus branded phones.

I ordered phones from USA play store.
    What proven working

Singapore Singtel network: 3G works out of box, Singtel Sim card
    Malaysia network: Maxis, 3G works out of box with maxis Sim card

Have been using my phone for 1.5 months

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4
    Hi fellow Nexus5ers,

What access point name should I choose to have the usual 3G connection? I'm trying to select M1 MMS(3G) but there's no radio button besides it (kindly see attached screen shot).

My nexus 5 came from US so LTE is not supported here in Singapore.

Thanks in advance.

/f

Hit menu restore default APN and reboot. If you can get data, don't bother messing anymore. Else try choosing choosing another APN based in your carrier. And you're not supposed to choose a MMS APN.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    you happen to use m1 too? mind sharing the apn settings that you tweaked? i've been on lte since then, but not sure about 3g connection yet.

here... check out this link

http://www.alfredivy.per.sg/blogger/2013/06/m1-apn-settings/

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone