Nexus 5 stuck in "no command" Boot Loop

Search This thread

nachiket12345

Jan 30, 2014
I disabled Google Search on my Nexus 5 (32GB Black) running the latest 4.4.2, and restarted the phone in an attempt of getting rid of the google search bar on the home screen.

However, my phone is stuck on the boot logo where the 4 colored circles keep playing on the screen. I cannot get past that. My phone isn't rooted, and I don't wish to root it either.

I tried going into the recovery mode and doing a factory reset/wipe all data thing.
But the screen still is stuck on the circles.

I am a former iOS user, and new to Android.

Please help!

Nachiket Kulkarni

shizkoff777

Jan 11, 2012
elizabethton
I disabled Google Search on my Nexus 5 (32GB Black) running the latest 4.4.2, and restarted the phone in an attempt of getting rid of the google search bar on the home screen.

However, my phone is stuck on the boot logo where the 4 colored circles keep playing on the screen. I cannot get past that. My phone isn't rooted, and I don't wish to root it either.

I tried going into the recovery mode and doing a factory reset/wipe all data thing.

Please help!

Nachiket Kulkarni

Next time go to Google play and download nova launcher you will not be sorry.it has nothing to do with root ,just a great home replacement app

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gblat

Mar 31, 2013
Same Problem

Hi all,Same happend to me today,
got few hours ago my new Nexus 5 white 16 Gb.
I treid to stop GOOGLE SEARCH service and my device stuck saddenly on Google boot logo,
I done full factory reset and it solved the problem
Thanks

shayan519

May 18, 2014

Please help!

Nachiket Kulkarni

I experienced the same random boot loop problem while trying to set an alarm. What confused me even more was that it would not respond while discharging, whereas when I plugged it in, it would go into bootloop. The bootloop did not give me enough time to go into recovery but in the 30 mins i spent trying, I managed it once, only to see the TWRP page for 2 secs before the phone restarted.
The solution ? I tampered with my nails at the power button and it fixed it !?!
Who knew....

Gloftking

Jun 15, 2014
I have a similar problem

Hello everyone I am very new to this area of computing (and this forum). However I have still ended up in the same hole as you guys are describing although it happened for a completely different reason. (BTW: I am rooted)

one day I tryed to play the android game NOVA 3 on my Nexus 7 on the highest graphical setting so I went and researched how to do this. I was pointed towards some kind of app called 'ChainFire 3D', Once I pressed the install button inside this app the Nexus 7 switched off and the next time I tried to turn it on I got the X logo of death (boot loop)http://xdaforums.com/images/smilies/mad.gif. I then tried to enter recovery and I got the annoying 'no command' errorhttp://xdaforums.com/images/smilies/crying.gif. I cant seem to remember how I rooted this thing but I do have access to the fastboot stuff ONLY (inside cmd).

if there is anyone who has any idea how to go about fixing such an issue without wiping everything on my nexus could they please get back to me ASAP.http://xdaforums.com/images/smilies/frown.gif

Thanks in advance.http://xdaforums.com/images/smilies/fingers-crossed.gif

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
This is not a nexus 7 forum. Chainfire 3d hasn't worked for many android versions. Please post on your device forum. We cranny answer questions about other devices

Gloftking

Jun 15, 2014
I have another question

This is not a nexus 7 forum. Chainfire 3d hasn't worked for many android versions. Please post on your device forum. We cranny answer questions about other devices

BTW: is there any otherway of changing android game settings such as high graphics etc (this is in general).

kalaivani

Jun 15, 2014
it stucks at the 4 circles screen. can't able to turn it off again. so i did the factory reset. But its taking hours. how to flash the factory image?

Avnerya

Nov 11, 2014
Solved for me

Please help!

Nachiket Kulkarni

Ok, same thing happened to me, I disabled the Google search (on Kitkat 4.4.4) cause it was draining battery and then my homescreen disappeared. I restarted my phone and it got stuck on the four circles.

-Possible solution-
As strange as it might sound, once you have the four circles displayed, have someone call you and then the call screen will suddenly appear. Answer the call and hit the speaker button, so you could access your phone. When in call screen, just slide the home button up to access Google Now and preform an update through Google Play(it will offer you to update to a newer version). Once the update is completed you should see the homescreen again - (unfortunately you have to rearrange it...)

Reactions: godoy.rafa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solved for me

Please help!

Nachiket Kulkarni

Ok, same thing happened to me, I disabled the Google search (on Kitkat 4.4.4) cause it was draining battery and then my homescreen disappeared. I restarted my phone and it got stuck on the four circles.

-Possible solution-
    As strange as it might sound, once you have the four circles displayed, have someone call you and then the call screen will suddenly appear. Answer the call and hit the speaker button, so you could access your phone. When in call screen, just slide the home button up to access Google Now and preform an update through Google Play(it will offer you to update to a newer version). Once the update is completed you should see the homescreen again - (unfortunately you have to rearrange it...)