• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Nexus 5x bootloop

Search This thread

pocetnik86

Mar 2, 2014
Hello! I have problem with my Nexus 5x. Sometimes it goes to the bootloop. It's start to happening after I flashed Google pixel 2 rom, I didn't know that rom is coming with Google pixel 2 bootloader, the rom it was all in one package. And then when I flashed the resurrection remix rom it has start to bootloop when I reboot or turn on the phone. So I thought it was a problem with bootloader because the bootloader is not for the Nexus 5x so I flashed bootloader, radio and stock image for the Nexus 5x, but the phone still goes to bootloop sometimes. Can anyone help me with this problem?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Aug 6, 2014
I wish I knew as I am having a similar problem. I've wiped my phone every way possible & flashed over 10 different Android stock images but the outcome is always the same. It boots to the Google splash then that goes away and goes onto the 4 colorful dots and that's when it bootloops, at the dots.. I don't understand why wiping and putting stock android back on doesn't make a difference. This isn't the BLOD where everyone is stuck at the Google screen as mine moves onto the dots for a few seconds and reboots. Maybe someone knows what I'm missing here as I'm guessing the answer would help you as well.

dinindourden

Dec 18, 2015
I have the same issue on 2 different Nexus 5x devices with locked bootloader, running stock rom.
Both phones had BLOD, before, and received a brand new mainboard. This issue started happening after the June security patch, but flashing back an older firmware does not seem to solve it.
Will try to unlock and install a lineage is based rom.

Aug 6, 2014
I had to send my 5x back to LG for repair. They of course said it was the motherboard. Should get it back on Saturday. The only problem and big issue that I had dealing with LG is they simply put another stock mobo in the phone, refurbished. I warned them not to do this since putting in another known mobo with the same faulty issue will just mean the problem will rise again and if they did that then they could just keep the phone, refund my money else i'll just return to sender. They reassured me it was not refurbished and the initial problem had been fixed with an upgraded mobo. However I see now that was a lie.

Last email from LG :

LG Mobile Product Shipped

Dear (Me),

The repair on your LG mobile product has been completed and it has been shipped from our repair facility.
Defect: Not powering up Payment Type: NOT APPLICABLE
Repair Results: Swap Board (Main/RF) : Others Repair Cost: $ 0.00
Warranty Status: In Warranty Tax: $ 0.00
Total: $ 0.00

You can click the tracking number link below to track your package.

Please note the average days it will take to ship to your location by State, District or Territory:
2 Days: TX, OK
3 Days: AL, AR, CO, GA, IL, KS, LA, MO, MS, TN
4 Days: AZ, CA, CT, DC, DE, FL, IA, ID, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, OH, PA, RI, SC, SD, UT, VA, VT, WI, WV, WY
5 Days: ME, NY, OR, WA
7 Days: AK, HI, PR, VI

If you have any questions about your service, please visit lg.com or contact us at 1-800-793-8896.

Model:
H790BK_(32G)

Repair Results: Swap Board (Main/RF) : Others

That above says it all. Mainboard swapped with refurbished

I may get a few months out of it, probably not though.

Good luck with yours. I can only suggest you call LG support, they will send you a free shipping label for fedex, you'll then need to ship it via fedex back to them. The "repair" takes less than a day. In total plan to be without a phone for 2 weeks depending on your location though it may be shorter. Sorry guys.

-Anabolic Frolic