Nexus 5x quick charge ?

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
I have a Nexus 6 that has Motorola Turbo Charge. Is Motorola Turbo charge a quick charge 2.0 or 3.0 ? :confused:

Does the Nexus 5x also have the same kind of rapid charge called quick charge 2.0 but under a different name ? Or is this 3.0 ? There are so many ways it's being called I'm not sure which is which. :confused:

JaredTamana

Feb 2, 2015
Moto Turbo is equivalent to 2.0, but it's a proprietary standard, like OnePlus DASH. USB C has its own charging capabilities at 3A max. It has, in my opinion, a little better fast charging.

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Moto Turbo is equivalent to 2.0, but it's a proprietary standard, like OnePlus DASH. USB C has its own charging capabilities at 3A max. It has, in my opinion, a little better fast charging.

Does the LG Nexus 5x have an equivalent of quick charge 2.0 (even though it is not formally called that) ? I noticed sometimes the phone says "rapidly charging", other times it says "charging slowly"

JaredTamana

Feb 2, 2015
Does the LG Nexus 5x have an equivalent of quick charge 2.0 (even though it is not formally called that) ? I noticed sometimes the phone says "rapidly charging", other times it says "charging slowly"

Yes, it has a fast charging equivalent, although I'm not sure what QC 2.0 is like as I've never had a compatible phone. In order to get rapid charging, make sure you're using reliable sockets, cords and AC adapters. I use Choetech's USB C to C charger and brick, which is excellent, and a Moko A to C cable, which is not certified and therefore potentially dangerous, but I haven't had any issues. Both deliver rapid charging. I have not used the stock charger, so I can't tell you my experience with it, but the Choetech one is said to be essentially stock.

Invest in a good charger. I've linked Choetech's for your convenience. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B017I...236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=choetech+usb+c

Reactions: mikeprius

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes, it has a fast charging equivalent, although I'm not sure what QC 2.0 is like as I've never had a compatible phone. In order to get rapid charging, make sure you're using reliable sockets, cords and AC adapters. I use Choetech's USB C to C charger and brick, which is excellent, and a Moko A to C cable, which is not certified and therefore potentially dangerous, but I haven't had any issues. Both deliver rapid charging. I have not used the stock charger, so I can't tell you my experience with it, but the Choetech one is said to be essentially stock.

Invest in a good charger. I've linked Choetech's for your convenience. https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B017I...236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=choetech+usb+c
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone