Nexus 5X vs Nexus 6

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
I was just curious if anyone has used the nexus 5x before and how it compares to the Nexus 6. I have seen the specs, but just curious on user experience. I'm considering a smaller phone, but the Pixel is way too expensive.....is the Nexus 5x worth considering or forget about it ?

D

Deleted member 6221691

My girlfriend owns 5x. I played with it some time, installed chroma 6 and to say the truth my Nexus 6 is way better in terms of battery life and overall performance.
Also 5x is a bit ugly IMO.
So 5x is a step backwards.
Stay with your Nexus 6 ;)

Reactions: mikeprius

TokedUp

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 27, 2010
Hellz Kitchen, NYC
My wife has the 5X. It's not bad, too small for my taste. She's seems to like it. Im jumping ship to the 6P soon as the price drops. Hoping for some Black Friday deals

Reactions: mikeprius

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
I personally don't mind the size. The pixel is off the table as I'm not paying for that price. Just floating the idea of the 5x but I wasn't sure how it was overall. Just thinking about options.

I am going to get a smaller phone in the future. Unless the pixel gets to $400 which is the highest I'll consider. I won't get it so that's a far drop from 649. If not then I can hang tight with the nexus 6 as well

khanam

Jul 26, 2010
Miami
I personally don't mind the size. The pixel is off the table as I'm not paying for that price. Just floating the idea of the 5x but I wasn't sure how it was overall. Just thinking about options.

I am going to get a smaller phone in the future. Unless the pixel gets to $400 which is the highest I'll consider. I won't get it so that's a far drop from 649. If not then I can hang tight with the nexus 6 as well
T mobile is offering a 325 discount on the pixels - check out their website

yelnam2manley

Feb 14, 2011
Baliwag (Baliuag)
I tried both and I'll pick shamu. Better build quality, it doesn't get warn in comparison, it has better speakers, and it has better battery life.

There's throttling at 50% or less battery, but installing ElementalX kernel alleviates that.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    D
    Deleted member 6221691
    My girlfriend owns 5x. I played with it some time, installed chroma 6 and to say the truth my Nexus 6 is way better in terms of battery life and overall performance.
    Also 5x is a bit ugly IMO.
    So 5x is a step backwards.
    Stay with your Nexus 6 ;)
    My wife has the 5X. It's not bad, too small for my taste. She's seems to like it. Im jumping ship to the 6P soon as the price drops. Hoping for some Black Friday deals