• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

Nexus 6 - CF Auto Root

K

knightowl439

First Confirmed Root

Auto root seems to have worked for me. However, I didn't see the red android but the script text was there. After install, my device rebooted three times ... which was weird.
I would be freaking out over the possibility of bricking it so soon :eek:
First verification of working, with three reboots, hopefully that's normal.

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
Auto root seems to have worked for me. However, I didn't see the red android but the script text was there. After install, my device rebooted three times ... which was weird.
Thanks for being the guinea pig bro, tbh I'm afraid to root until a few folks confirm but thanks. Everything working? Tested any root apps etc?

:good::good::good:

XxKINGxX2580

May 18, 2013
Houston
So we have to fastboot flash zip "filename".zip ?
I get this error:
writing zip...
<Bootloader> Permission denied
FAILED <remote failure>

Can we flash it from the recovery?

zeiroe

Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles
www.android-zei.com
Nice! What is Authenticator ?
Google Authenitcator is an app for 2-step verification to google services and other applications that hook into the authenitcator API like Facebook or Last Pass.

So we have to fastboot flash zip "filename".zip ?
I get this error:
writing zip...
<Bootloader> Permission denied
FAILED <remote failure>

Can we flash it from the recovery?
Did you unzip the autoroot files to a folder on your desktop, put your Nexus 6 in bootloader and run the extracted bat file?

Reactions: glensta

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
May 15, 2010
Arlington TX
I'm curious what rooting at the moment gains us. A few apps? Xposed doesn't work(yet). But for The moment I don't really have a huge urge to root. I will however unlock immediately. In case I'd like to root.

Besides titanium, what apps can we use?

Our Apps
Get our official app! (coming soon)
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone