Nexus 6 factory images

Search This thread

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
I was looking at the Nexus 6 factory images. It looks like it jumps from 6.0 to 7.1.1, then back to 6.0, then 7.1.1......is this an error or were the 7.1.1 beta builds ?

Also is Google still making factory images for the Nexus 6 ? I thought that development was over for it, but I am pleased to see not so.

Poojan Patel

Jan 1, 2012
Google is releasing three builds per month. One build for android 6.0, one for android 7.0 and one for android 7.1.1
Development was over at android 7.1.1 And all build has security patches only.

Last edited:
Reactions: mikeprius

Mar 18, 2012
haguenau
Correct, I was just confirming that the security updates were being rolled out. Then after Nov that's it huh ? Only custom development ? This is my first Nexus where development will stop :eek:/

Well, every Nexus get software updates from Google during 2 years.

Seeing all the ROMs in development/original development, the Nexus 6 is far from being dead... :good:

Cheers...

Reactions: mikeprius

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Take a look at the "shamu" section: https://developers.google.com/android/images

It's all there.

EDIT: I think you are affirming that =P Yes, we're going to receive security updates from now on. 7.1.1 is the final Android version.
    Google is releasing three builds per month. One build for android 6.0, one for android 7.0 and one for android 7.1.1
    Development was over at android 7.1.1 And all build has security patches only.
    Correct, I was just confirming that the security updates were being rolled out. Then after Nov that's it huh ? Only custom development ? This is my first Nexus where development will stop :eek:/

Well, every Nexus get software updates from Google during 2 years.

Seeing all the ROMs in development/original development, the Nexus 6 is far from being dead... :good:

Cheers...
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone