• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Nexus 6 giving error during update installation

Search This thread

zohaibshafijutt

May 10, 2015
Lahore
I got rid of moto turbo for no updates and bought nexus 6 and when I check for updates there is an update of 23.3 mb which gives error during installation.
Android 5.1.1
Build LMY48M.
It says device is unlocked in boot options but its not rooted as I checked it using rootchecker app. There is an app supersu. I am wondering whether it is pre-installed or not. Any idea how to get rid of this error as I am very disappointed right now..

05aa9bc26ad5fdfa54fb14fc8c77eea1.jpg
<br />
0a59d150498b5097c6b54e4d4161ac39.jpg
<br />
7e3de500953db26677785ca6136e8f50.jpg
<br />
d1a316b7009d3ddaab92e02f38569317.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
The phone may not be rooted, but your system files are/were somehow altered at one point which is why your update is failing. Was this phone "unlocked" My brother bought an LG Flex 2 online that was "unlocked". Turns out the seller had a new phone, rooted it, then bypassed the SIM check on a software level.

The same issue happened and the update failed. Fortunately the phone was the same carrier that we had, so I wiped the phone and reflashed the stock image and everything works.

In your situation, you will need to wipe the phone via fastboot then flash manually whatever version you want. OTAs are not worth the headache if you have the knowledge to manually flash the newest images.

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

Oh yeah and no. SuperSU is definitely not pre-installed as part of Google's stock image on a Nexus phone LOL.

zohaibshafijutt

May 10, 2015
Lahore
So I can flash marshmallow 6.0.1 skipping two minor updates of 23 and 30 mb plus 6.0 marshmallow one ?
Please also guide me through the process as my device is unlocked so what steps do I need to flash straight to latest update ?
I have never installed update manually so please guide me through simplest method you can as I am unaware of the terms fastboot sideload.
Thanks for the input guys.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

mikeprius

Jan 13, 2014
Orange County, California
Your bootloader is unlocked therefore just fastboot the newest image. I loaded marshmallow from the stock lollipop I got my phone and jumped like 6 versions ahead. I'm not sure why people sideboard or OTA. Quite frankly it's a pain and you can flash a new bootloader baseband and system without wiping data.

Just download the newest factory image and flash each one one by one. Don't use the flash all script as that wipes..... Although it doesn't work half the time anyways