Nexus 6 has double tap to wake

Search This thread

2fastkuztoms

Jul 5, 2010
I hopefully does it, because after getting use to it on my g3, i catch me some times trying to wake my other devices with double tap :eek:

GHII

Dec 5, 2008
Yuma
I loved that feature on my G2, M8, and now G3...but with my G3 always turning on in my pocket I was ready to be over that feature.

anthonyg45157

May 7, 2012
Maybe that's a typo or he got confused with the 9? Strange that nobody else mentioned what would be a pretty big feature...

"In his hands on, Honan specifically calls out the feature, although some were still left wondering if it could have been a misprint (the Nexus 9 also has tap-to-wake). We reached out to the author where he was able to confirm that yes, this is, in fact, a feature found in the Nexus 6 and was most certainly not posted in error. Boom" -Phandroid

Glad google included this feature. I guess other people just didnt try to tap it?

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Also double-tap to sleep (turn-off)? :)

Here is the article from Wired. The confirmation is in the comment section.

http://www.wired.com/2014/10/hands-on-with-lollipop-and-nexus/

Yes! That's even better. I won't even miss my g2 then with the heads up notifications and the double tap to sleep and wake it'll be the features. that I used most. Only thing I'll miss are the nice camera features like burst shot and some of the other effects. And the floating apps and dual app use but I didn't use those as much

Sent from my LG-VS980

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
I'm not a fan of bringing back dead posts but double tap to wake does not work on the nexus 6, or at least not on mine.

VTEChump

Oct 20, 2011
Minneapolis
I'm still hoping they included it, just not yet enabled. Or maybe a dev can activate it, especially since it is on the Nexus 9. Key will be if the digitizer and screen are on different power planes so as not to drain battery.

italia0101

Nov 9, 2008
Its only worth enabling if it doesn't completely drain the battery IMO ... and that depends on hardware .. thats the reason why Nexus 5 couldnt really use it ( even after activated by the devs ) because the hardware wasn't right :

It had to keep power to the entire screen rather than just the digitiser, thats why the G3 etc don't drain the battery .. lets hope the Nexus 6 screen is built to supply different power to the digitiser and actual screen

Top Liked Posts