Nexus 6 Philippines Thread

Search This thread

j.go

Nov 18, 2010
Does anyone have insider info on whether smart plans to carry the nexus 6? They have offered all the nexus phones since the gnex so I'm hopeful. Really looking forward to the nexus 6. I've already disposed of my Z1 and went back to my old N4 in preparation. haha

swiftden

Nov 11, 2011
Does anyone have insider info on whether smart plans to carry the nexus 6? They have offered all the nexus phones since the gnex so I'm hopeful. Really looking forward to the nexus 6. I've already disposed of my Z1 and went back to my old N4 in preparation. haha
I'm sure they're going to offer it here, but maybe around end of Dec or Jan. From gnex to nexus 5, they have been consistent. Of course, open line. [emoji10]

igeigeige

Apr 11, 2014
Caloocan

Lol, it's galleon who post the pricing.. They are infamous for selling ridiculously overpriced items. Moreover, they delete negative feedbacks of the people in their olx page regarding the insane price they offer.. Don't waste time to that page tho, maybe few weeks from now it will be available to us locally, of course it will be first sold by our known local online stores but with a decent price.

Can't wet to have nexus 6. Im saving for this phone. It will replace my legendary xperia Go. LOL :laugh:

It's good I found a thread like this dedicated to us pinoys.. Mabuhay Tayo! :)

igeigeige

Apr 11, 2014
Caloocan
The phone is great but its still very hard to get here in the states its still being overpriced on eBay or craigslist.

It is being overpriced because the demand is high. It's still a new device with an introductory price. So people who are willing to throw some cash is/are impulsive enough to grab a piece of this handset firsthand, before everyone else would. Bragging rights that is.

Let's buy some time instead. We'll wait for few months and the price will decline dramatically. ;)

kyzn

Dec 31, 2012
Pasig
I couldn't wait. Bought myself a Moto X DE. I already made peace with myself that I don't need the latest and greatest. (It is still painful. Lol)

It's already on it's way here. I considered the Oneplus One. But their gimmicks were absolutely BS.

Sent from my LT22i using XDA Free mobile app

igeigeige

Apr 11, 2014
Caloocan
still, no news or whatsoever regarding the release of Nexus 6 here in PHL? there's not even a hint yet from our local online store , which always carry the newest models first.

stankyou

Dec 20, 2010
still, no news or whatsoever regarding the release of Nexus 6 here in PHL? there's not even a hint yet from our local online store , which always carry the newest models first.
Kimstore gave a hint sometime ago. But no new update about it since.

via Tapatalk

j.go

Nov 18, 2010
I'm starting to lose hope that the nexus 6 will be officially sold here. Can you guys recommend a current gen phone that would be a decent option in lieu of the nexus 6 that has minimal skinning and fast updates. I'm thinking maybe the G3 or Z3. Or better yet, a phone with a developer edition equivalent.

Man, I really hate the feeling of settling for a non-nexus phone. I did that with a Z1 and ended up selling it after 6 months and going back to the Nexus 4.

jamesalfred

Apr 21, 2009
I'm starting to lose hope that the nexus 6 will be officially sold here. Can you guys recommend a current gen phone that would be a decent option in lieu of the nexus 6 that has minimal skinning and fast updates. I'm thinking maybe the G3 or Z3. Or better yet, a phone with a developer edition equivalent.

Man, I really hate the feeling of settling for a non-nexus phone. I did that with a Z1 and ended up selling it after 6 months and going back to the Nexus 4.

I felt the same way. For me, it's the price.... I'm thinking to wait for Moto X 2014, or I'll just buy Nexus 5. I tried Z3 already. Even though it's a nice device, I'd still pick G3 over it. Besides, the price for 32gb G3 in here is already palatable (last I checked, it's below 20k).

igeigeige

Apr 11, 2014
Caloocan
found an ad posted on olx, a nexus 6 locally at last, BUT, it is not from a retailer. Only a piece is for sale, brand new from japan. price is 31k, you can find it easily. What can you say about his selling price? :)

crazykefka

Oct 2, 2013
Hi guys any ideas where I can get a screen protector here in Manila? Got a case from the spigen kiosk in Megamall but they don't carry any protectors yet.

Got my unit as a wedding gift from my wife, brought over by a friend who flew from the US.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the Nexus 6 Philippines Thread.

Nexus 6 Specs

CPU/GPU Snapdragon 805, Quad-core 2.5 GHz Krait 450 / Adreno 420
    Display 5.9-inch, 2560 x 1440
    RAM 3GB
    Memory 16/32GB (not yet verified)
    Battery 3200 mAh
    Camera 13MP rear cam, 2MP front cam
    Connectivity WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth® v 4.0 (LE)
    Network GSM 850/900/1800/1900, HSDPA, LTE
    Sensors Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
    OS Android 5.0
    Dimensions and Weight not yet verified

XT1103 - US Version - Globe LTE Only

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
    WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/8
    LTE: Bands: 2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/29/41
    CA DL: Bands: B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-29, B4-B5, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29

XT1100 - International Version - SMART and GLOBE LTE

GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
    CDMA: not supported
    WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/6/8/9/19
    LTE: Bands: 1/3/5/7/8/9/19/20/28/41
    CA DL: B3-B5, B3-B8
    Imports from Lazada now on sale

XT1100 International Version
    XT1103 US Version

Source: Lazada

Based on my research one buyer waited at least 25 days for his shipment to be delivered. He also paid for customs. I'd suggest waiting for physical stores rather than buying this one but it is good to know that the price is going down.
    HI Guys , Once the Nexus 6 is available here in the philippines let me notice guys hopefully not late january i will bought that device or if february im not, so much late for us to take it. ok guys im expecting to this site to know about on what update the nexus 6 here in PH , and also i love LOLLIPOP im a Custom ROM/OS user and i love rooted devices so that's why i love NEXUS 6 :D
    This is painful to read.
    Nexus 6 just arrived unofficially here in PH

Nexus 6 has landed in our grey market.

Nexus 6 32GB Cloud White - P36,900
    Kimstore

Nexus 6 64GB Midnight Blue - P 39,180
    WidgetCity

Price is still too steep for me. Might wait it out a bit.

P.S. Sorry if I can't put up some links. XDA doesn't want me too.
    Hello Kabayans..
    Just a quick feedback, I own both the Nexus 6 64GB and Oneplus One 64GB (I live in the US that's why it's easy for me to buy). Both performs great, no lags, everything is smooth, but feature wise, I like the Oneplus One better because of the flexibility of Cyanogenmod ROM, but of course you can always install Cyanogenmod on the Nexus 6, but that will defeat the purpose of having a "Nexus" .. so here is a quick breakdown:

Features - Oneplus One for me
    Screen Quality - same (but I like the Nexus 6 better when reading)
    Battery Life - Oneplus One wins (lasts 2 days, compared to Nexus 6 that barely lasts me 1 day)
    Build Quality - Nexus 6 feels more premium
    Sound Quality - Nexus 6 wins (but no difference when using headphones)
    Handling - I like the feel of Oneplus One
    Value for your money - no doubt Oneplus One wins

So, as of now my daily driver is the Nexus 6 because I like reading and watching video a lot, but if Oneplus One has the same screen size, I would definitely choose Oneplus One for daily use..

I hope this helps.... salamat!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone