Nexus 6 Pre orders on Play store - Now will be Available on Wednesday of every week

Search This thread

droidguy22

Oct 4, 2013
Updated - 11/05/2014:

We are getting more Nexus 6 devices in stock as soon as possible. To make things simpler for you, we will work to make more devices available each Wednesday and encourage you to visit the site then.

The Nexus 6 will also be available in AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, and U.S. Cellular stores later in November. Please check with your local carrier store for more information.

nexus-6-wednesday.png

Play store is updated with nexus 6 and Pre-orders will be available starting on 10/29:

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_6_64GB_Midnight_Blue?id=nexus_6_blue_64gb

Network shows all different bands which tells that 1 model across all carriers :good:

Network
2G/3G/4G LTE
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/8
LTE: Bands: 2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/29/41
CA DL: Bands: B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-29, B4-B5, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29

Nexus 6 Play store page showing all US carriers:

dereha7u.jpg

Follow instructions from below link to get instant notification on your smart phone (via Pushbullet or Twitter) when Nexus 6 becomes available for purchase on Play store:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2j8bq3/howto_setup_nexus_6_release_notifications/

Most likely Nexus 6 should be available for purchase at 2pm est on the 29th (based on previous Nexus sale start times on Play store).

Nexus 6 expected launch date is Nov 12th

Last edited:

brian117

Feb 22, 2011
Cleveland, OH
Play store is updated with nexus 6 and Pre-orders will be available starting on 10/29:

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_6_64GB_Midnight_Blue?id=nexus_6_blue_64gb

Network shows all different bands which tells that 1 model across all carriers :good:

Network
2G/3G/4G LTE
GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
CDMA: Band Class: 0/1/10
WCDMA: Bands: 1/2/4/5/8
LTE: Bands: 2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/25/26/29/41
CA DL: Bands: B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-29, B4-B5, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29

I am ready to order on 29th and when it arrives will switch nano sim from my Verizon Moto x, can't wait for Nexus 6...

Cool. Nice to have it officially dated. But you may want to change the minor typo in your title from 19th to 29th*. :)

halon17

Jul 29, 2011
It may have all bands but the jury is still out on wether Verizon can block an N6 not purchased thru them.

mrw1215

Mar 25, 2011
Us Verizon folk who want the device ASAP are really pretty boned, aren't we? Spending $650+ is a big gamble if the phone ends up not working on Verizon (well, I guess we could still return it and get refunded, but still), but if the past is any indication, preorders will probably go super quick and the device will be backordered on the Play Store within minutes.

The way I see it, and I've been spouting this in other threads, and perhaps it's just my own nonsense, but the way I see it, if Verizon weren't going to "play ball", so to speak, wouldn't Google have just continued skipping over them for Nexus phones? Google never pushed for Verizon to get the last two Nexus phones, so if Verizon were going to be problematic about it, why didn't Google just continue passing them over? I dunno. I want to be optimistic that I can order one from the Play Store on the 29th and be fine. To me, I just feel like Google had no reason to get this phone on Verizon if Verizon were just going to continue being a pain about it.

droidguy22

Oct 4, 2013
It may have all bands but the jury is still out on wether Verizon can block an N6 not purchased thru them.

I doubt it, the fact that Google has inluded Verizon name/logo on the Nexus page and only 1 model on the Play store with all Network bands (including Verizon CDMA bands) makes me believe that the Play store model would work on Verizon without an issue.

http://www.google.com/nexus/6/

I think Verizon is in agreement with Google/Motorola to allow Nexus 6 on their network. Probably they don't
want to miss the Nexus 6 on their network and loose many of their customers who are die hard Android
fans and for whom Nexus 6 is very appealing/enticing smart phone and would switch carriers.

droidguy22

Oct 4, 2013
Us Verizon folk who want the device ASAP are really pretty boned, aren't we? Spending $650+ is a big gamble if the phone ends up not working on Verizon (well, I guess we could still return it and get refunded, but still), but if the past is any indication, preorders will probably go super quick and the device will be backordered on the Play Store within minutes.

The way I see it, and I've been spouting this in other threads, and perhaps it's just my own nonsense, but the way I see it, if Verizon weren't going to "play ball", so to speak, wouldn't Google have just continued skipping over them for Nexus phones? Google never pushed for Verizon to get the last two Nexus phones, so if Verizon were going to be problematic about it, why didn't Google just continue passing them over? I dunno. I want to be optimistic that I can order one from the Play Store on the 29th and be fine. To me, I just feel like Google had no reason to get this phone on Verizon if Verizon were just going to continue being a pain about it.

Your last sentence says everything: "Google had no reason to get this phone on Verizon if Verizon were just going to continue being a pain about it"

the fact that Google has inluded Verizon name/logo on the Nexus page and only 1 model on the Play store with all Network bands (including Verizon CDMA bands) makes me believe that the Play store model would work on Verizon without an issue.

http://www.google.com/nexus/6/

I think Verizon is in agreement with Google/Motorola to allow Nexus 6 on their network. Probably they don't
want to miss the Nexus 6 on their network and loose many of their customers who are die hard Android
fans and for whom Nexus 6 is very appealing/enticing smart phone and would switch carriers.

halon17

Jul 29, 2011
It probably will be usable if you preorder thru google, but i don't see verizon anouncing until after the Droid Turbo release.

halon17

Jul 29, 2011
Which is the 28th, the day before the N6 is live

No way they would say anything the day after. They need to give their pride and joy Droid line time to sell.

I could see them letting people get it through Google but never making an official anouncement for clise to a month. They never really advertised the GNex. I walked into few stores that had nothing showing off the GNex.

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
I will be trying to keep my unlimited data while buying a subsidized phone from Verizon. Spending $50-$200 is a lot better than $650, and this phone is plenty good enough to last 2 years.

Baurblades43

Oct 17, 2013
Eugene
Quick, kind of off topic question.. Why would one buy the N6 from the play store for the full $650 when you can get a subsidized version from Verizon and its the EXACT same phone? Just doesn't make sense to me is all.

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
I will be trying to keep my unlimited data while buying a subsidized phone from Verizon. Spending $50-$200 is a lot better than $650, and this phone is plenty good enough to last 2 years.

Yea I'm probably going to the Sprint store and get a subsidized N6...$650-700 is too steep for my checkbook this season.

Quick, kind of off topic question.. Why would one buy the N6 from the play store for the full $650 when you can get a subsidized version from Verizon and its the EXACT same phone? Just doesn't make sense to me is all.

One is carrier unlocked to start and the other is not. So no it is not "the exact same phone".

Reactions: rlcassidy

wtherrell

Dec 30, 2008
UDP, man UDP!
Or not be locked into a contract. If it's the same phone, you could take it to any carrier you like at any time.

Reactions: Bait-Fish

Baurblades43

Oct 17, 2013
Eugene
UDP, man UDP!
Or not be locked into a contract. If it's the same phone, you could take it to any carrier you like at any time.

Yea I'm probably going to the Sprint store and get a subsidized N6...$650-700 is too steep for my checkbook this season.

One is carrier unlocked to start and the other is not. So no it is not "the exact same phone".

I thought the phone had all the bands though? Since it does, couldn't you buy it on verizon, and essentially just leave the carrier but be forced to pay the remaining price of the phone?

ECrispy

Jun 25, 2010
Actually Verizon has all their phones unlocked. And Nexus is going to be boot loader unlocked anyway. Technically there is zero difference between Play Store and Verizon version, the only difference might be Verizon controlling activations via IMEI checks.

Skripka

Dec 17, 2011
Postulo forklift ad portandum iste
I thought the phone had all the bands though? Since it does, couldn't you buy it on verizon, and essentially just leave the carrier but be forced to pay the remaining price of the phone?
Yup you could...or you could serve out your contract and wait for it to expire.

With the new regs regarding unlocking phones I believe that is how it works

jasonleb1

May 29, 2010
People who are buying it at retail are most likely using the phone on an off-contract plan, which are usually cheaper than their on-contract counterparts.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts