Nexus 6 Pre orders on Play store - Now will be Available on Wednesday of every week

Search This thread

Zaf9670

Mar 21, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Just wanted to post a general update for everyone:

I was able to snag a blue 64 on Nov 28, and I got my device today. I'm on verizon, so I took the micro sim out of my note 2, used some scissors, and looking at some guides on the web, manually trimmed that sucker down to nano size. Installed it in the phone before ever booting it up the first time, and BAM it works perfectly! It activated cell service no problem at all.
Awesome Jarm3r. Motorola or GPS if you don't mind to share. This board is so mixed I don't know what to expect.

I also ordered on Nov 28 from GPS. If you wouldn't mind also listing when they charged you etc that would be nice.

I want to know how low/high to set my hopes ;).

Jarm3r

May 12, 2012
Awesome Jarm3r. Motorola or GPS if you don't mind to share. This board is so mixed I don't know what to expect.

I also ordered on Nov 28 from GPS. If you wouldn't mind also listing when they charged you etc that would be nice.

I want to know how low/high to set my hopes ;).

GPS. Order went through on the 28th, they debited my account on the 6th, and I got the phone on the 8th. Not too bad at all if you ask me, especially since the note on my order said shipping dec 17.

I was pretty worried about my sim card working, but it worked flawlessly and I'm loving the phone already. Front firing stereo speakers are AWESOME compared to the tiny mono back firing note 2 speaker. I can actually watch youtube now without cupping my hand around the entire backside of my phone.

bkjolly

Nov 6, 2010
Owensboro
GPS. Order went through on the 28th, they debited my account on the 6th, and I got the phone on the 8th. Not too bad at all if you ask me, especially since the note on my order said shipping dec 17.

I was pretty worried about my sim card working, but it worked flawlessly and I'm loving the phone already. Front firing stereo speakers are AWESOME compared to the tiny mono back firing note 2 speaker. I can actually watch youtube now without cupping my hand around the entire backside of my phone.

You're lucky I ordered from GPS on the 27th and still waiting .

Zaf9670

Mar 21, 2010
Knoxville, TN
You're lucky I ordered from GPS on the 27th and still waiting .

Did you happen to get the cloud white? From the way it seems they are taking longer/harder to obtain.

Ok 2 more quick questions. Would you mind sharing your location (east coast/west coast/state/etc) and also if your GPS account reflected the purchase as soon as they charged you.

Thanks for being so helpful!

Jarm3r

May 12, 2012
Ok 2 more quick questions. Would you mind sharing your location (east coast/west coast/state/etc) and also if your GPS account reflected the purchase as soon as they charged you.

Thanks for being so helpful!

Glad to help out any way I can!

It's weird. When I go to the play store on the web, and click on the gear icon in top right -> my orders... it lists all the apps and stuff I've bought and in there it has my nexus 6 for $699, but under the status column it still says "Leaves warehouse by December 17." even though I have it now, and when I click on the "info" button it just says "shipped" even though ups knows it's delivered. Seems the google play orders page is kinda glitchy and just... not really programmed well? Weird for google. I'm not sure what you mean by "reflected the purchase as soon as they charged me" but if you want any more info I'll be glad to provide.

Oh, and on the geo thing, I'm in Kentucky.

Zaf9670

Mar 21, 2010
Knoxville, TN
What part of KY I'm in Owensboro.

Ha, awesome! I'm in Lex. I make my way over to etown fairly often, but owensboro is still a ways further from there.

I'm actually North of Knoxville in TN so maybe I'll get lucky and have mine on the way soon. My Google Wallet is the only thing still showing a "pending" for me at the moment. Hopefully that might change in the next few days and I'll finally have mine.

Thanks again guys. Hope you get your N6 soon as well bkjolly!

low.humidity

Jul 1, 2014
tucson, az
in tucson (MS)T it starts about 11:05am and can go to 11:45am. seems that they are kinda playing a game of sorts by dribbling the supply over time. like the first couple weeks it was a big dump that was over pretty quick and the past several has been a stream like.

msal

Mar 5, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
I'm determined to get a 64 gb white today!

Got my chrome extension running and my eyes glued to my monitor.

Last edited:

John Kotches

Apr 6, 2009
Collinsville, IL (STL Metro)
I'm determined to get a 64 white gb today!

Got my chrome extension running and my eyes glued to my monitor.

I've been determined to get a cloud white 64 gigabyte since the day ordering opened. I have also used browser extensions, and have Google Wallet setup. None of that seems to make the difference.

I think it's pseudorandom chance more than anything. Of course it's pseudorandom because in the end if it is algorithmically determined it's not truly random.

At this point I will give Google and Motorola high marks for not caring about the customer and their ordering experience.

I do have a 64 GB midnight blue on order from T Mobile, but I'm about to cancel the order because they can't give me even an ETA on when it might be shipped.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts