Nexus 6 random issues from stock

Search This thread

codycook

Nov 5, 2010
Milpitas
What's a good way to properly identify a failure in the hardware versus a HAL issue?
And if it was hardware, why didn't it immediately happen within first 24 hours of using the device?

In products that my company makes, if we detect hardware failure, it reports a hardware csum failure.

I'm currently running my phone in safe mode to see if it is reproducible.

Last edited:

Wartickler

Nov 4, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
What's a good way to properly identify a failure in the hardware versus a HAL issue?
And if it was hardware, why didn't it immediately happen within first 24 hours of using the device?

In products that my company makes, if we detect hardware failure, it reports a hardware csum failure.

What was your outcome?

Reactions: codycook

codycook

Nov 5, 2010
Milpitas
My final outcome is as such:
I unlock the bootloader with fastboot oem unlock, confirm.
At unlocked bootloader, follow the steps for flashing the bootloader and radio, reboot each between. Next, unzip the update package. Once ready to flash the files, I use fastboot erase > format > then flash the partitions (system/data/cache/userdata/boot). I personally proceed to fastboot booting teamwin so I can change my build.prop file, then I open the regular recovery menu and issue a factory default. Then boot the system normally and confirm it is usable. The bootloader should still be unlocked at this time to make sure you still have good access to the bootloader (in case of brick). I followed these steps back in Android 5 and now I used the same procedure for Android 6 and my phone boots and works great. Once you get into device and it acts normal, you can lock bootloader which formats your phone again.
From here on, my phone has been miraculously stable and I appreciate all the help.

Reactions: jelbo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bought my XT-1100 in a regular local store and i presume they get the devices from Motorola rather then from Google and i haven`t had a problem flashing roms from the Google Developers page. Look here http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware/nexus-6/ for the XT-1100/1103 firmwares and they should all be comaptible with your device.
    Basically, same device. Only difference is bought from play = googles honour warranty. Bought from anywhere else = Motorola honour warranty
    I know. I haven't tried to downgrade the boot loader but this is just what they were telling me. :p

I have looked at that page before. That's where I knew that the ROMs should be the same.

Yes. I did both in the ROM and also through Recovery. I tried it all.

Actually, the way I flashed the rom was using the FLASH ALL script built into the factory images.

Flash All doesn`t work as it should. Flash the seperate img`s in fastboot and all should be well.
    Flash: bootloader.img, radio.img, system.img, userdata.img, boot.img and erase and flash cache.img. Flashing the bootloader and radio are only necessary if you haven`t got the latest ones allready.

What was your outcome?
    My final outcome is as such:
    I unlock the bootloader with fastboot oem unlock, confirm.
    At unlocked bootloader, follow the steps for flashing the bootloader and radio, reboot each between. Next, unzip the update package. Once ready to flash the files, I use fastboot erase > format > then flash the partitions (system/data/cache/userdata/boot). I personally proceed to fastboot booting teamwin so I can change my build.prop file, then I open the regular recovery menu and issue a factory default. Then boot the system normally and confirm it is usable. The bootloader should still be unlocked at this time to make sure you still have good access to the bootloader (in case of brick). I followed these steps back in Android 5 and now I used the same procedure for Android 6 and my phone boots and works great. Once you get into device and it acts normal, you can lock bootloader which formats your phone again.
    From here on, my phone has been miraculously stable and I appreciate all the help.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone