Nexus 6 resale value

Search This thread

haibane

Sep 4, 2015
Georgia
Why are people moving on to new devices so quickly? It seems like the Nexus 6 just was released, and we are already on to new devices. I haven't seen much from the new hardware to make me want to jump ship other than the fingerprint scanner, but I find the unlock quick enough as is.

techrider6262

Oct 10, 2010
Pennsville
Why are people moving on to new devices so quickly? It seems like the Nexus 6 just was released, and we are already on to new devices. I haven't seen much from the new hardware to make me want to jump ship other than the fingerprint scanner, but I find the unlock quick enough as is.

I buy the new nexus every year.

jerseykat1

Mar 17, 2011
Jersey
I am using the 6p, I have an offer on my n6 for 260 later today. I don't regret getting either the 6p is more consistent than my n6. The camera is much better and much faster. I love how quickly I can get my camera open and ready to take a great picture. I miss DT2W but i hear it's already discover in the 6p. Just a matter of time.. It's not a night and day difference between the 2 phones but a definite improvement.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

I try to get at least 300 bucks out of every device, so I tend sell them every year. I did miss that boat last year on my G3.. Don't think is worth 300 anymore. But it's up for sale too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

rhouse1983

Aug 6, 2013
I've got a moto x pure on the way. I want to keep my n6 but I think the wife would wonder why I have 2 phones. Yes I still owe on it so I want to keep but I could trade in to credit off my moto x, pay that off then its like I owe on the moto x. I didn't need to get a moto x but I miss the extra moto stuff and wanted an SD card and better camera for my new baby. I'll probably trade it in for credit so I feel better about buying a new phone again.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

I've got a moto x pure on the way. I want to keep my n6 but I think the wife would wonder why I have 2 phones. Yes I still owe on it so I want to keep but I could trade in to credit off my moto x, pay that off then its like I owe on the moto x. I didn't need to get a moto x but I miss the extra moto stuff and wanted an SD card and better camera for my new baby. I'll probably trade it in for credit so I feel better about buying a new phone again.
BTW does anyone want a custom carved nexus 6 case? $20 and its yours.

scryan

Oct 19, 2013
They're offloading inventory for <$300 and the devices are brand new. It's great that you want $300 for it, but that's not what you'll get. Why would anyone buy a used phone that costs more than a new one?

ITT: people learn that using modern electronics as an investment vehicle is not a good plan.

pandacookie

Sep 5, 2011
Quincy
Wow, @wolfen69, it seems like you are the one who needs glasses. I already said I misread. You know, human error. I guess that, since you just responded to me like a jackass, you know nothing about being human.

In other words, no need to be snarky.

Reactions: Geordie Affy

wolfen69

Feb 25, 2012
Woodstock, GA USA
Wow, @wolfen69, it seems like you are the one who needs glasses. I already said I misread. You know, human error. I guess that, since you just responded to me like a jackass, you know nothing about being human.

In other words, no need to be snarky.

2585233-stripes_lighten_up_francis.jpg

Don't take it so seriously.

ixon2001

Jul 15, 2010
Wigan
I've stopped buying new phones on launch I now wait until they been out a few months before i get one, I've only recently picked up a Nexus 6 paid £250 new for it which is a bargain considering how much it cost when it came out last year.

I shall keep this phone until the end of next year & may consider picking up a brand new cheap 6P.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lmaooo this is the reason I'll never buy a phone when it first comes out. As long as my current phone is ticking, I'll wait for the "buy every new thing" crowd to have their fun, gives me time to see reviews and reliability of the phone. Came from a galaxy note 3 and only upgraded because amazon decided to chop prices. I probably won't upgrade again till 2017 unless next year looks really good
    Any specific reason? Development?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Because he's the "techrider" ?
    Out with the old in with the new
    I owe $350 on my 64gb
    I have had a lot of cellphone over the years including all the nexus's but this one is the hardest I've ever tried to sell.when I can't even get $300 for a phone that is just getting ready to turning one.:crying::mad:

Why would someone spend $300 for a used phone when they can get it new for hardly any extra and is unlocked and off contract?
    The 6" screen also makes the userbase a lot smaller, not everyone wants a big screen like this.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone