*** Nexus 6 Shipping Waiting Room ***

Search This thread
Lol you know what I think they hang around the corner and wait for you to go out. Dhl & ups do this all the time to me I think

Just happened to me today, too. Got up early to wait for 10:30 or earlier Fedex delivery, it was 9AM, figured I'd be toward the end of the run since I'm a residential stop, went to the can for my morning consitutional, 5 min. later came out - sticker on the door.

Reactions: welshandy2322

Norwester

Jun 20, 2009
Oregon
My GPS 64 gb wasn't supposed to ship until the 27th but I ordered a few cases and screen protectors Friday. The cases came today and I was thinking "great now I get to look at the cases for a week without a phone to put in them". Just got the shipping notice for the phone! Probably be here tomorrow or the next day. :D I'm on vacation this week so besides having time to play with it, I won't have play tag with FedEx re delivery ie- "Sorry we missed you..."

bill3508

May 23, 2011
Just ordered my GPS N6 64g white/grey today.

Update: Shipped and will be here Friday.?

Last edited:

adiliyo

Oct 25, 2009
Los Angeles
ordered mine the 23rd from motorola 64gb white, they said 31st as delivery estimate, it shipped yesterday and will be here friday the 27th! pretty stoked as i'm going out of town for the weekend and now i get a new toy to play with while in transit!

mhughes1966

Mar 28, 2015
No 64GB nexus 6s (Verizon) in Northern VA?

OK this is frustrating but I need a little advice and information regarding getting a nexus 6 64GB phone on Verizon here in Northern VA (Herndon, VA)
but first to fonewatcher concerning you missing UPS/Fedex deliveries check out an article about UPS using something called Telemetrics . I cannot post links on forums because i am a new member but google "the spy who fired me pdf" and read the article from Harpers Magazine. It details why some of UPS's drivers are leaving notices on doors instead of delivering packages - they cannot keep up with the new system so they figure it is quicker to leave a note than wait around for a person to come to the door and sign. They are basically trying to game the system - and save their jobs - because management is firing drivers who don't keep up.
Onto my issue....
Now I am on Verizon grandfathered unlimited and I want a new Nexus 6 64GB. I realize i will be paying full price - $700 for 64GB - but I ain't giving up my Verizon unlimited until they pry it from my cold dead hands. (need the coverage they have throughout the state.)
I go to the Verizon "main store" in Fair Oaks Mall in Northern VA to buy the phone. The guy there says that not only do they not have the Nexus 6 in stock, they only have a few 32GB models throughout the system and no store locally had the 64GB model. I was incredulous. He checked the computer and went and asked management.
I asked him how I was supposed to get one. He said the following:
1) go to Motorola's site and order the phone sent to my house
2) Bring it in and have it activated at the store.
Two things bothered me.
He told me that I should make sure that Motorola sent the phone with a Verizon sim in it. ( there is no such selection on the Motorola website - only phone color and memory size) He also was "pretty sure " that there would be no problem getting the phone added without me having my unlimited messed with. His advice was to say "I only wanted to buy the phone and by no means mention anything about an "upgrade".
I was not encouraged by hearing this. I got the idea that he really didn't know what he is talking about.
So my question is this. If I order from Motorola - what sim will come with the phone? I currently use a Galaxy Nexus and realize that my Sim will not fit and I was under the impression that sim and adding to Verizon network would be handled at the store.
And secondly, I thought it was no problem getting a new phone essentially added to a month to month program on Verizon. Are representatives trying to trick customers into giving up their unlimited?
I was really disappointed with the information I received from Verizon concerning what i needed to do in buying a $700 device!
Thanks in advance for any help on this.

mwalt2

Feb 22, 2009
OK this is frustrating but I need a little advice and information regarding getting a nexus 6 64GB phone on Verizon here in Northern VA (Herndon, VA)
but first to fonewatcher concerning you missing UPS/Fedex deliveries check out an article about UPS using something called Telemetrics . I cannot post links on forums because i am a new member but google "the spy who fired me pdf" and read the article from Harpers Magazine. It details why some of UPS's drivers are leaving notices on doors instead of delivering packages - they cannot keep up with the new system so they figure it is quicker to leave a note than wait around for a person to come to the door and sign. They are basically trying to game the system - and save their jobs - because management is firing drivers who don't keep up.
Onto my issue....
Now I am on Verizon grandfathered unlimited and I want a new Nexus 6 64GB. I realize i will be paying full price - $700 for 64GB - but I ain't giving up my Verizon unlimited until they pry it from my cold dead hands. (need the coverage they have throughout the state.)
I go to the Verizon "main store" in Fair Oaks Mall in Northern VA to buy the phone. The guy there says that not only do they not have the Nexus 6 in stock, they only have a few 32GB models throughout the system and no store locally had the 64GB model. I was incredulous. He checked the computer and went and asked management.
I asked him how I was supposed to get one. He said the following:
1) go to Motorola's site and order the phone sent to my house
2) Bring it in and have it activated at the store.
Two things bothered me.
He told me that I should make sure that Motorola sent the phone with a Verizon sim in it. ( there is no such selection on the Motorola website - only phone color and memory size) He also was "pretty sure " that there would be no problem getting the phone added without me having my unlimited messed with. His advice was to say "I only wanted to buy the phone and by no means mention anything about an "upgrade".
I was not encouraged by hearing this. I got the idea that he really didn't know what he is talking about.
So my question is this. If I order from Motorola - what sim will come with the phone? I currently use a Galaxy Nexus and realize that my Sim will not fit and I was under the impression that sim and adding to Verizon network would be handled at the store.
And secondly, I thought it was no problem getting a new phone essentially added to a month to month program on Verizon. Are representatives trying to trick customers into giving up their unlimited?
I was really disappointed with the information I received from Verizon concerning what i needed to do in buying a $700 device!
Thanks in advance for any help on this.
You can order the phone from Motorola. It will not come with a sim. You can either cut your microsim from your gnex down to a nano or obtain a new nanosim. The new nanosim would have to be activated in another phone that is recognized by Verizon or you can try to have Verizon do it (though they may go the same thing). There are a few threads here about doing this. The Nexus 6 will show as an unrecognized device on your account. To make account changes, you can buy a nano to micro sim adapter and use your gnex whenever you need to make a change. I do this with my gnex (make the change online and then switch back to my unrecognized Nexus 6). None of this will affect your unlimited data since you aren't trying to use an upgrade.

j3oomerang

Dec 13, 2007
Ordered last night on Sunday from Verizonwireless.com and it will arrive on the Wednesday the first. My accessories that I ordered via Amazon Prime last night (technically this morning since after midnight) after my phone order, will arrive one day earlier on Tuesday.

Last edited:

ad78

Mar 22, 2011
Connecticut
I RMA'd mine last saturday and called today. they dont have T-mobile 64GB blue in stock and they are saying those replacements are refurbed. i told them i dont have phone using, he called his supervisor and to my surprise they will giving me 64gb device direct from google (factory) he said, what color do you want? :D i said WHIIIIIIIIITEEEEEE lol. this is the same exact what happened to my Moto 360. now i have 2 turbo chargers lol

milkk

Sep 18, 2012
I ordered a Nexus 6 from Google store yesterday March 30, 2015 in the early afternoon about 2pm. Got an e-mail at like 11:30 pm saying it shipped lol and got it today 31st in the mail UPS. That was crazy quick lol.

count01

Mar 21, 2015
Just want to say I will never purchase anything from Motorola again. I had the blue 64g moto N6 for a week, sent it back because it was freezing up on me. They received it and informed me that they could send me a GPS white 32gb. Wtf is this opposite day? I ordered moto 64 blue because what I really wanted was GPS 32 white. No I'll take the 64 blue thank you. They then informed me that I could wait indefinitely until they got another 64 blue. I then asked why are you trying to give me a refurbished device in exchange for a week old device? I didn't pay $700+ for a refurbished device. You have blue 64 in stock on your website why can't I have one of those? Finally I got so frustrated I asked for a store credit so that I could just buy it again. They informed me that they don't do that. So I asked for a refund, which will take 7-10 business days, after the 48 hours for the warehouse to release it to financial. So maybe when it's all said and done I'll have my GPS n6 after a month of being forced to use this godforsaken galaxy s5. I am so dissatisfied with them, I've been calling them everyday just to razz them, at this point I'm miserable and I need company.
... Rant over

Last edited:
Just want to say I will never purchase anything from Motorola again. I had the blue 64g moto N6 for a week, sent it back because it was freezing up on me. They received it and informed me that they could send me a GPS white 32gb. Wtf is this opposite day? I ordered moto 64 blue because what I really wanted was GPS 32 white. No I'll take the 64 blue thank you. They then informed me that I could wait indefinitely until they got another 64 blue. I then asked why are you trying to give me a refurbished device in exchange for a week old device? I didn't pay $700+ for a refurbished device. You have blue 64 in stock on your website why can't I have one of those? Finally I got so frustrated I asked for a store credit so that I could just buy it again. They informed me that they don't do that. So I asked for a refund, which will take 7-10 business days, after the 48 hours for the warehouse to release it to financial. So maybe when it's all said and done I'll have my GPS n6 after a month of being forced to use this godforsaken galaxy s5. I am so dissatisfied with them, I've been calling them everyday just to razz them, at this point I'm miserable and I need company.
... Rant over

My experiences with Motorola over the last 14 months, both pre and post- Lenovo have been exemplary. Of course, when Google owned them, it was surreal - first class all the way, treated me like a VIP even for lowly Moto E sales and service. After lenovo, CS definitely hit a snag, but it's still up there among the best - better than Apple, HP and Nvidia.

Of course, maybe Lenovo got tired of providing that level of quality and drastically cut back on post-sale service - I don't know, I haven't had a warranty issue since about a month ago.

Are you sure there isn't some part of the story you're leaving out? If they offered a warranty exchange of a 32 for your 64, aside from being bizarre, leaves them wide open for PR, legal and consumer law exposure.

"Freezing up" is typical of non-specific symptom consistent with someone doing something foolish and.or voiding warrant and trying to get over on a company, also, I have to say. Maybe you should have taken them up on the white 32 and counted your blessings?

count01

Mar 21, 2015
My experiences with Motorola over the last 14 months, both pre and post- Lenovo have been exemplary. Of course, when Google owned them, it was surreal - first class all the way, treated me like a VIP even for lowly Moto E sales and service. After lenovo, CS definitely hit a snag, but it's still up there among the best - better than Apple, HP and Nvidia.

Of course, maybe Lenovo got tired of providing that level of quality and drastically cut back on post-sale service - I don't know, I haven't had a warranty issue since about a month ago.

Are you sure there isn't some part of the story you're leaving out? If they offered a warranty exchange of a 32 for your 64, aside from being bizarre, leaves them wide open for PR, legal and consumer law exposure.

"Freezing up" is typical of non-specific symptom consistent with someone doing something foolish and.or voiding warrant and trying to get over on a company, also, I have to say. Maybe you should have taken them up on the white 32 and counted your blessings?

I appreciate that you've only had great experiences with Motorola CS. I've also read the same testimony from many others. (Which is why I was expecting a much different outcome) I don't begrudge your experience, but does your experience negate mine?

The only parts of the story I left out were the parts where two of the CSR's spoke to me with condescending tones. Although the second one was after I had called for like the fourth straight day and there really was nothing different for him to do. So I'll give him that.

I guess maybe you're thinking I failed to mention something along the lines of how I rooted and bricked my phone and tried to return it after it started freezing up as a result. I did fail to mention that part, simply because it did not happen. I have no reason to fabricate the reason for my return. Besides, even if I did do something similar to what you're suggesting, that's not the issue.

I'm not here complaining because they wouldn't honor there warranty. They had no problems with the condition of my device. They did there due diligence as far as making sure the device was replaceable. They were at the point of sending me a replacement before things went bad. Actually it was precisely at the point of this email that things went wrong. uploadfromtaptalk1428197213550.jpg
As bizarre as it sounded you, is as bizarre as it sounded to me when I read it. At the point where they offered me something different than I originally purchased was when things started to go wrong. Especially since I could see that they actually did have a suitable replacement available.

As tempted as I was to accept the offer I just couldn't, (I bought the 64 because that's what I decided I wanted) nor should have had to. Your suggestion that I not only take the 32, but also consider myself blessed in the process, is quite frankly laughable. Leaves me to wonder exactly what kind of service have you been calling exemplary.

At any rate I'm a lot calmer now than I was when I originally posted. I've accepted the way things are. The company has a policy that is causing me to have to wait a little longer for a cell phone. I will eventually get the phone and life will continue. I actually felt a little dumb after ranting over a cell phone when there are people around the world who don't even have clean water to drink.

I really do appreciate your post and I hope my little dig at you doesn't incite you too much. I don't want a forum war, just a fun little writing exercise.

Peace

I appreciate that you've only had great experiences with Motorola CS. I've also read the same testimony from many others. (Which is why I was expecting a much different outcome) I don't begrudge your experience, but does your experience negate mine?

The only parts of the story I left out were the parts where two of the CSR's spoke to me with condescending tones. Although the second one was after I had called for like the fourth straight day and there really was nothing different for him to do. So I'll give him that.

I guess maybe you're thinking I failed to mention something along the lines of how I rooted and bricked my phone and tried to return it after it started freezing up as a result. I did fail to mention that part, simply because it did not happen. I have no reason to fabricate the reason for my return. Besides, even if I did do something similar to what you're suggesting, that's not the issue.

I'm not here complaining because they wouldn't honor there warranty. They had no problems with the condition of my device. They did there due diligence as far as making sure the device was replaceable. They were at the point of sending me a replacement before things went bad. Actually it was precisely at the point of this email that things went wrong. View attachment 3245528
As bizarre as it sounded you, is as bizarre as it sounded to me when I read it. At the point where they offered me something different than I originally purchased was when things started to go wrong. Especially since I could see that they actually did have a suitable replacement available.

As tempted as I was to accept the offer I just couldn't, (I bought the 64 because that's what I decided I wanted) nor should have had to. Your suggestion that I not only take the 32, but also consider myself blessed in the process, is quite frankly laughable. Leaves me to wonder exactly what kind of service have you been calling exemplary.

At any rate I'm a lot calmer now than I was when I originally posted. I've accepted the way things are. The company has a policy that is causing me to have to wait a little longer for a cell phone. I will eventually get the phone and life will continue. I actually felt a little dumb after ranting over a cell phone when there are people around the world who don't even have clean water to drink.

I really do appreciate your post and I hope my little dig at you doesn't incite you too much. I don't want a forum war, just a fun little writing exercise.

Peace

I stand corrected. That is whack!

And I'm guessing here, but FWIW, that crazy downgrade offer has to be the new Lenovo "touch." I'm basing that on the sweeping overhaul of the CS department from competent, nice, informed reps to horrid mindless script-readers.

It used to be that once you get to the "presidential" department, they make things happen, but that 32 swap deal you got is mind-boggling. They must have cleaned out that department, too.

Last edited:
Reactions: count01

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm surely not preordering anything from GPS after this fk up.

i'm in the same boat, but i'd love to know how you (and others on here) think this is a fk up. When you ordered it said on the play store that it would ship by 11/21. they very clearly told you when to expect shipment. because a few ppl have been getting shipment notifications (which may or may not be accurate) doesn't change the fact that the store you ordered it from gave you a window which has not yet arrived yet. if it doesnt ship by the 11/21 promised date THEN lets all sharpen our pitchforks and light our torches. but until then...i think you all need to relax...
    Looks like knight-rider's posts have been removed....
    Thank god that clown was banned
    Heard back from my source, and it sounds like mine should be shipping real soon... :p:p:p

20141109_193503_zpsd6adewv7.jpg
    Okay kids, y'all getting your devices this week need to get root working and encryption sorted out by next week.

So us 2nd batch people can live off the fruits of your labor and relax ;)
    *Takes off Moderator badge*

I'm having a hard time understanding where all of this anger is coming from. Google Play promised a "ships from warehouse" date of Nov 21st right? It's been that way since the very first order was made on the 29th? Before even ordering it said "ships in 2-3 weeks." Why do some people feel like Google killed their dog?

It seems to me, that instead of comprehending the facts, that many are confusing hope with facts. I've read pages about how Google was going to ship early and there was nothing to back that up other than hope and past experiences. So what if Moto is shipping theirs from across the world or people who ordered from them gets theirs a few days earlier than GP customers? Those people were quoted a delivery date of Nov 19. The only thing one is entitled to by purchasing the N6 is receiving the phone. Not getting it well before the quoted date or receiving it before another vendor.

Yes, it's OK to be excited. I'm waiting for one myself, but as I've said many times already in this section, this is supposed to be a fun time. Don't worry so much about when it will get in your hands, because it will eventually. There is no need to get worked up about it. Spend less time contacting CSR's about info you already know and more time enjoying other things.

*Puts Moderator badge back on*

Stay on-topic and be nice to each other. We are all in this together. :)