Nexus 6 UAG Case - The Good and the Bad

Search This thread

bigmatt503

The Good:
-Protection similar to the Otterbox commuter
-Lightweight
-Easier to slide in/out of pockets than Otterbox cases
-Buttons are tactile and responsive
-The edges have the most protection, because usually when you drop your phone it lands on it's edges
-Comes with a free HD screen protector
-Looks gorgeous

The Bad:
-Flash has some knock-back
-The microphone on the LED ring is covered
-Power and Volume buttons are covered, but there are slits on the side so lint and dust might get trapped in there
-UAG logo covers half of the Nexus logo, but you can pop the logo off easily
-No port covers
Shauna is a pain in the a** to deal with!! After contacting UAG she refused to exchange my defective case (rubber detaching from hard plastic).
This was my favorite case and I find it sad that she will not accept an exchange after 6 months. The otterbox warranty is much easier to deal with (not that I want an otterbox.
BTW Shauna seems to think that the defect was caused by negligence.
I got mine today. It does seem like the black ring is really close to the camera and almost completely covering the mic by the camera. I don't know how I can tell if the mic is an issue or not. I'll be testing the flash to see how it is also, but I'm not sure if that'll be a dealbreaker for me since I rarely use it.

How did you find out?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, decided to just throw this up here for those interested. There is a white, orange, and blue version all on one 8.5x11 sheet. Simply open the included PDF in any viewer, and print it. Make sure to select "print actual size" so it doesn't alter the size/shape. Note, I did this on cheap copy paper. Simply print out and cut out with scissors.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r54b7i0mkbgreoq/UAG_backfill_v3_3pack.pdf?dl=0

9ccf23159c286be2baba9f45e68b1249.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6

These are really nice! :good:
    Thanks guys!! Here it is if you want. Make sure you print actual size, don't let it shrink to fit or anything as it will distort the images. I have been printing on my simple ink jet printer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r54b7i0mkbgreoq/UAG_backfill_v3_3pack.pdf?dl=0

Sent from my Nexus 6
    I just used the tip of my pocket knife.
    To avoid damaging the plastic you will need something sharp and thin. I used the tip of an X-acto blade and it worked fine. Take your time! The letters peel easily once you get it started. They can be re-applied if desired.

Also I have no issues with using the flash with the case on.

If anyone has one that's having issues, try measuring the diameter of the cut out. I would be curious if they revised it.
    Here is what I did to mine. Build a vector based image of the back plate of the phone and filled with orange with a very moto logo. Then printed and cut it out with scissors. If there is interest I can upload my base so you guys could make your own.

93b716201ef352133b2d83985cba2fc2.jpg
    ddad7d9a2ec018ee009d7dfd5c656041.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6