Nexus 6P Indian Thread [Pricing, Availability, Reviews, Support and More]

Search This thread

dhanmohan

Aug 22, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Once it gets bricked it becomes an unrecoverable situation only remedied by a motherboard replacement. Not ready to spend the money and or time to get it operational. At least not when the handset's trade in value is about ₹5-11K depending on who you approach

So I am getting rid of it before it dies on me.
i was asking why u think it will get bricked..like i had lg g4 before it had manufacturing issue on many g4's and motherboard died and i replaced it cause i had warranty..does 6p have that kind of manufacturing faults too?

Sharp-Razr

Jan 14, 2012
i was asking why u think it will get bricked..like i had lg g4 before it had manufacturing issue on many g4's and motherboard died and i replaced it cause i had warranty..does 6p have that kind of manufacturing faults too?

The bricking can happen any time especially after Android 7 Nougat was released. I am not really sure why it happens and which batch of units (serial #s) are affected given Google keeps mum about the reasons and only recommends contacting Huawei for a replacement, not repair. That's what makes it so hard to trust the handset.

Other than the disappointing experience with VoLTE support, steeply dropping trade-in value, this BLOD bit is really the last nail in the coffin as far as my ownership of the N6P is concerned. I see no reason to retain it any longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: dhanmohan

dhanmohan

Aug 22, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
The bricking can happen any time especially after Android 7 Nougat was released. I am not really sure why it happens and which batch of units (serial #s) are affected given Google keeps mum about the reasons and only recommends contacting Huawei for a replacement, not repair. That's what makes it so hard to trust the handset.

Other than the disappointing experience with VoLTE support, steeply dropping trade-in value, this BLOD bit is really the last nail in the coffin as far as my ownership of the N6P is concerned. I see no reason to retain it any longer.
damn dude i just bought it 2days ago..not new but still 20k is

Sharp-Razr

Jan 14, 2012
damn dude i just bought it 2days ago..not new but still 20k is

Ouch! But if your phone is in warranty you need not worry. Wish you good luck with the handset man.

To be honest this problem doesn't affect all handsets only some...after all my 6P is still alive & kicking! But the thing is, one is unsure if his/her handset is among those batch/serial #s that will go belly up some day. Kinda like playing Russian Roulette.

rohit25

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi
Google Pixel 2 XL
Well there is no clear widespread issues being reported... Or else they would have been covered by tech sites... So I'll say... Enjoy... Plus it's something widely feared on a LG device...
Although I would agree that the resale value has gone down fast... But it's probably for the good... Incase I get into a issue... I'll probably get a 2nd broken or good device.. and use it for spare parts....

Reactions: dhanmohan

dhanmohan

Aug 22, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Ouch! But if your phone is in warranty you need not worry. Wish you good luck with the handset man.

To be honest this problem doesn't affect all handsets only some...after all my 6P is still alive & kicking! But the thing is, one is unsure if his/her handset is among those batch/serial #s that will go belly up some day. Kinda like playing Russian Roulette.
i have 1 1/2 months warranty ?

---------- Post added at 07:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Well there is no clear widespread issues being reported... Or else they would have been covered by tech sites... So I'll say... Enjoy... Plus it's something widely feared on a LG device...
Although I would agree that the resale value has gone down fast... But it's probably for the good... Incase I get into a issue... I'll probably get a 2nd broken or good device.. and use it for spare parts....
i came from lg g5..that device have no damn development.. both g4 and g5 i owned never rooted or roms those..so i decided to go bavk to nexus but pixel is expensive af.. after my g5 my budget was tight so had to buy a used 6p.. and i already rooted it ?

Sheikhspeare

Dec 15, 2013
Being very severely visually impaired and there by unable to note down phone numbers and other details while on a call or even otherwise, call recording is one of the most important features for someone with my disability. Is there any call recording app that's works on the Nexus6p without having to root the phone?
PS : I've tried Automatic Call Recoder using all the different configurations available in the app, but it only records my end of the telephonic conversation.

Swyped from my N6P using XDA Premium 5.

Sy1ar

Dec 23, 2013
Any clue of VoLTE for 6p?
It is better to forget about it, Huawei and Google are passing the buck.
Contacted Huawei in September, they said that already looking into it and an update will be released soon till that time please use Jio4GVoice, it's been 6 months since then.

Last edited:

Raghav_K

Apr 1, 2009
Chennai
my nexus 6p motherboard died when i had 4 months of warranty left, and was replaced.

after that had battery issues, and had battery and mobo changed when 10 days of warranty left.
Will never buy a huawei device again for sure.

Btw n6p goes for only 5-10k? was planning to sell mine and get s8 :(

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk

Sharp-Razr

Jan 14, 2012
my nexus 6p motherboard died when i had 4 months of warranty left, and was replaced.

after that had battery issues, and had battery and mobo changed when 10 days of warranty left.
Will never buy a huawei device again for sure.

Btw n6p goes for only 5-10k? was planning to sell mine and get s8 :(

Sent from my Lenovo K33a42 using Tapatalk
Flipkart is offering an exchange price of ₹13, 800 on the Nexus 6P when you buy the iPhone 7+ Jet Black 256 GB. That's the highest offer I've seen in recent times.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

simarguram

Dec 14, 2013
i have the radio file from the OTA but when ever i try to flash that radio file thru fastboot. it gives me an error. also i am unable to sideload the ota via adb .
i downloaded the ota via my phone only and thru official notification. just copied the ota file from root directory.

NishantM

Sep 20, 2008
Mumbai
i have the radio file from the OTA but when ever i try to flash that radio file thru fastboot. it gives me an error. also i am unable to sideload the ota via adb .
i downloaded the ota via my phone only and thru official notification. just copied the ota file from root directory.

The OTA does not have the full fastboot flashable radio image. So obviously it will give error if you try to flash that from fastboot. Also, the OTA won't apply if you have modified your system partition or if you're not on beta 1. You need to be on a completely untouched beta 1 if you want to flash the OTA successfully.

anuragb77

Jan 20, 2012
Bangalore
Out of Warranty Service in bangalore

Hi Fellow Nexus 6P owners,

I am sure my battery has the issue which is being widely reported and it seems that the battery is out of warranty as per the service center.
Can you please guide me where in Bangalore can I get the battery replacement done.
The official service center says they do not have ready stock, come book pay for the battery then they will order and then they will replace.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got the phone today

Hi to all nexus India fans..
    I received my phone 32GB silver this morning and spent the entire day with it. I have posted all the unboxing and other pictures on twitter.
    so far
    1. the phone is easy to hold and does not make you feel you are holding a big phone.
    2. received chromecast, earphones and a huawei case with the phone
    3. earphones sound amazing for a freebie. it does not look premium but they sound well I kept the volume at 70%.
    4. I have a pair of senheiser momentum in-ear android version and they sound excellent too. I am not an audiophile But I can tell from my experience that sound quality is very good.
    my previous phone was nexus 5 and I know how bad the audio quality was. Nexus 6P audio quality via headphones is lot better compared to Nexus 5
    5. case is plastic and very thin does not offer good protection. But it does not change the look and feel of the device much since it is very thin and transparent which suits well with the silver back.
    6. I have not experienced any heating so far. Phone felt ever so slightly warm during inital setup since lot of syncing going on in the background. this is pretty much normal for any phone
    7. Finger print reader works very well. in my all attempts since morning, it failed to recognize my finger only once that was the very first time i used my finger print after setup. I might not have placed the finger properly
    8. when i opened the phone the battery level was around 60 to 70%(I forgot to note it down but I am sure it would not be more than 70% as only less than 3/4 of the battery icon graphics was green). It gave me 3hrs and 10 mins screen on time and the battery level came down to 8%
    8. It took about 1Hr and 40 mins to go from 8% to full charge with lot of emails and tweets syncing in the background

Let me know if you want to know any other details .

PS: I won't do the bend test. if my intention is to bend the phone or crack the screen then I can do it somehow. But the phone is sturdy enough to handle all real life scenarios.

Cheers,
    Muthu
    Hi Guys,
    Honestly I was never aware of this Nexus 6P issue before Jio came out. Anyways after reading all these problem getting faced by so many people due to VoLTE, I've contacted my internal source within Huawei India (a very high ranking official - sorry can't disclose names how you will understand).

So, he said that it is already under planning and also this problem is under Huawei & Google's radar. So, Google is going to push an update to fix it soon. I know the "soon" word is a vague word as it doesn't give any exact date or eta, but that's the most updated news I have. I've already asked him about any expected ETA for this update but he hasn't get back to me yet. As soon as get gets back, I will update.

I hope this will give a little peace to people knowing that it's not a hardware thing but a software thing and it is already under planning phase so an update will roll out soon.

P.S.: I've attached a screenshot of our conversation (of course most of our conversation is redacted but the part you guys need to see is not redacted). Also if you own a Nexus 6P in India and love it too much. don't just sell it yet, wait a few months (hopefully) an update is coming from Google.

Tpj2zEC.jpg
    Removed on request
    I called mobile store and they said it will be available 31st November on wards but I don't believe them.
    Of course you shouldn't. There is no 31st in November [emoji6]
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone